Thread: Valor upgrades

Valor upgrades

I have the Starshatter from 10N for both hands and I have upgraded the MH one 2x. I also have the legendary gem, but I do not have the Shin-ka LFR. We are only on Garalon so it is going to be a long time for Shin-ka 10N. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade my OH Starshatter or wait for to upgrade the Shin-ka LFR + the 500 str gem. Or should I just upgrade the Dominance Offensive trinket. What do you think?

Deleted
    Gonna hijack this topic aswell so i dont have to make a new one.

Im kinda stuck on what to upgrade myself.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oshke/advanced

Im not super far in progress (gonna skip spirit kings hc 25) and go for Elegon 25hc. So there is a chance to get a starshatter HC this week.

What should i upgrade? My OH or go for the trinkets or even tier/offpieces.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    oramus7517: I'd go for trinket, your guild might want to give Terrace instead of Heart of Fear a try. Garalon is a really tough one. In the two coming IDs you might get lucky in LFR

Mooshke: At your current progression speed i'd upgrade the weapon since you'll keep it for a long time even if you kill Elegon anytime soon on heroic. Wouldn't bother with tier/offpieces and go for the trinket afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    Gonna hijack this topic aswell so i dont have to make a new one.

Im kinda stuck on what to upgrade myself.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oshke/advanced

Im not super far in progress (gonna skip spirit kings hc 25) and go for Elegon 25hc. So there is a chance to get a starshatter HC this week.

What should i upgrade? My OH or go for the trinkets or even tier/offpieces.

Thanks in advance
    I'd upgrade your trinkets (because they are awesome) then helm (because you probably won't replace it until heroic sha) first and hold out for the HC Starshatter. Heroic Elegon is a loot pinata now and you'll be kicking youself when you dumped 1500 valor on the off hand Shin'ka

Upgraded LFR sha-touched is weaker than upgraded normal Starshatter.

Starshatter
    Item Level 497
    Upgrade Level 2/2
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Sword
    12988 - 19484 Damage Speed 3.60
    (4510.0 damage per second)
    +1234 Strength
    +1852 Stamina
    +906 Critical Strike (1.51% @ L90)
    +683 Expertise (2.01 @ L90)
    Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion
    Raid Finder
    Item Level 491
    Upgrade Level 2/2
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand Axe
    12282 - 18425 Damage Speed 3.60
    (4264.8 damage per second)
    +1167 Strength +500 for gem
    +1751 Stamina
    +778 Critical Strike (1.30% @ L90)
    +778 Mastery (1.30 @ L90)

Deleted
    Ok thanks all, special thanks to you aswell Dorfie.

i got normal tier helm on bank (not using it because missing legs for 4set)

But ill go for the trinkets. Just gotta figure out which one first

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    oramus7517: I'd go for trinket, your guild might want to give Terrace instead of Heart of Fear a try. Garalon is a really tough one. In the two coming IDs you might get lucky in LFR
    Should have mentioned what was wrong with this earlier: You can't access ToES without first killing Empress in HoF unless someone that has killed Empress makes the raid for the guild and zones in first.

Mooshke: At your current progression speed i'd upgrade the weapon since you'll keep it for a long time even if you kill Elegon anytime soon on heroic. Wouldn't bother with tier/offpieces and go for the trinket afterwards.
    Unless you're 500ish valor from cap I probably wouldn't upgrade anything. Maybe your relic if you're really worried about upgrading something. I would hold off upgrading weapons as 2x Heroic Starshatter > 1x Heroic Starshatter + 1 normal Shin'ka with gem and as you said, you guys will be doing Heroic Elegon soon (not all that much different from normal really. Just comes down to making sure the add is tanked and ate in the right spot).