Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Those moments when you beat a great game....

Just beat Tales of Graces f loved the true ending almost cried because it was so touching and that in the fact that i wanted more just when Sophie grew up, had me smiling throughout the entire ending even through the credits. Great game wish there was more like it.

Share some of your moments that you had with a great game

The ending of portal 2. There are no words for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I havent played a great game in far too long.

Arkham City was probably one of the only ones this year. And now that i think about it, that was released last year. Thats even more depressing.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2012-12-29 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get sad when I beat great games, because that's the end of it.. Unless it's like Fallout: New Vegas and you can play it 100 times and find something different each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I get sad when I beat great games, because that's the end of it.. Unless it's like Fallout: New Vegas and you can play it 100 times and find something different each time.
    Yeah, my first great game I finished was FF7 and I went straight back and did it all again this time with a game guide to cram in everything I missed first time. The walking dead would be the most recent, I havent felt the desire to replay it though, I did a little bit and I felt the different choices didnt impact enough for me to go through again.
    My first game completion that meant something to me was sonic the hedgehog, I dont quite remember but I think there were no saves or restores so you had to sit and blast through it all and I was only about 10 or 11 and it was the first game I remember doing that.

Deleted
    Every time I beat a really great game (which is super rare) I get a little sad, because I'm never ever gonna experience that game again for the first time.

Same thing when watching a very good movie, or reading a very good book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completing Eternal Darkness on the GameCube felt pretty awesome.

Also, Resident Evil (PS original) and finally breeding a Gold Choccobo on FFVII.

Launching a Scud missile into a US base on Desert Combat (mod for BF1942) and taking a out most of the enemy team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Just beat Tales of Graces f loved the true ending almost cried because it was so touching and that in the fact that i wanted more just when Sophie grew up, had me smiling throughout the entire ending even through the credits. Great game wish there was more like it.

Share some of your moments that you had with a great game

Jade Empire, great story and build-up to an epic ending. Along with Dragon Age: Origins, which I felt had one of those great bittersweet endings.

i hate endings in games, series, movies. i like rly long lasting games, preferably those that u cant rly beat like mmo´s.
    though if i have to pick one game which had amazing ending(s) i have to say chrono trigger. they made something amazing adding 7 ( i think it was 7) different endings.

The latest great game I beat was Saints Row The Third. I had an amazing time playing it in co-op, and the ending (before the whole space thing) was awesome.

I'm one of those people that hardly ever finishes games, they have to be really great before I do. Others I just get bored of.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Deleted
    Just finished KH Dream Drop Distance, can't wait for the next game now. Keyblade Wars here we come

The ending of ME has me almost in tears, when everyone thinks Shepard is dead but suddenly he/she pops up and seeing the squad members reaction to it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm not really sure if it is more satisfying that I beat it or more depressing that its over.

Uncharted endings are always good

Deleted
    Portal 2, great end to a great game <3

Red Dead Redemption. /thread.

No but seriously, that game had me amazed from start to finish. Sure, it's possible to finish the story and then carry on sandbox mode without a story, but...I'll never experience it again for the first time!

Same with Black and White 1 and 2, or the 3 first Jak and Daxter/Ratchett and Clank.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Every time I beat a really great game (which is super rare) I get a little sad, because I'm never ever gonna experience that game again for the first time.

Pretty much exactly how I feel, though for me it hasn't been a super rare experience. That kind of experience however, has lessened with each console generation that comes out. I thought it was just me growing up, but after experiencing it again with Tales of Vesperia, I realised it's just the quality of a good RPG for me. It's getting harder to find high quality RPGs that can create that feeling again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 2.

Everything is roses. You've saved humanity from the Collectors, told the Illusive Man to fuck off, and gained the loyalty of the crew. Life is g-OH SHIT THATS ALOT OF REAPERS

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The ending of portal 2. There are no words for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post

This is true.

Nothing beats that new video game smell.
    Putin khuliyo

Dialogue and story don't make an epic game/epic game ending for me. Music does. And that's why I think the last "great game" I beat was Halo 3. Halo 4's soundtrack just doesn't compare with the first 3 halos. I'd actually put the end of Reach above Halo 4. Portal 2 just didn't resonate with me. It wasn't some awesome build up to the end. The end was great for sure but the steps in between didn't keep me hooked. The game was just basically a gigantic puzzle with a story tacked on as a second thought.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-03 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I love the credits. I can just sit there and think about the entire experience of the game. Like at the end of The Walking Dead. Although it always has a bitter sweet taste. How I feel during the credits is a great indicator of how much I enjoyed a game. If I sit through the entire credits then I really enjoyed it (or the song that is playing is really good....) but if I turn it off and start playing something else, then it's obvious I didn't enjoy it that much.