Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    See the bright side of this. There no bots in the game currently LOLz!! :P

Damn it, now I don't have any excuse to not finish some of my college essays. Damn blizzard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    funny that for all the whining about how bad WoW is, there are 10,000 posts (and counting) made in a 3 hour period in a single thread alone when it goes down.
    Yea very strange, perhaps there are actually several different people playing the game?! oh jesus what if there are actually people that like WoW?? OMG ALERT THE PRESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    This god damn saturday is ruined, i always knew blizz is kinna incompetent but they really proofed it again today. Im lookin forward to another 8 hours of not playing.
    I hope you're trolling/joking/being sarcastic...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Yea very strange, perhaps there are actually several different people playing the game?! oh jesus what if there are actually people that like WoW?? OMG ALERT THE PRESS!
    I really enjoy the game. Oh, well.. when it's up =)

Deleted
    i hate to tell ppl this, but im on my monk in quel`thalas eu & have been for an hour or more. they must be getting there gradually. on the plus side im free to do my dailies without fat arsed mounts standing on top of the npc`s

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Got in after deleting cache.

It ain't brain surgery.
    It is like brain surgery, just not like the way you meant. And I don't think you would like us to explain that.

HEHEHEH I wouldn't be surprised if this have something to do with revenge and spite on Blizzard Europe. Wrong people love to set plots against those who work well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    surely no-one enjoys playing WoW? I read on the forum that it is a terrible game, it is dying, and that Ghostcrawler sneaks into your house and night and poops on your pillow :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    surely no-one enjoys playing WoW? I read on the forum that it is a terrible game, it is dying, and that Ghostcrawler sneaks into your house and night and poops on your pillow :<
    I've had that once. Not a good way to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Why do you seem to know more about the problem than Blizzard does? How do you know its internal? The last time I had connection issues it lasted about 4 days and it was Telias fault.
    I dont claim to know more about the problem than Blizzard.

I claim that Blizzard have worded their notification to either:

1. intentionally mislead people to think that the problem is on the internet through horrible propaganda
    or
    2. Unintentionally mislead people to think that the problem is on the internet through horrible incompetence.

There are many ways to check the health of the internet in general and the health of the internet in specific localised areas. There is no evidence of any problem on the internet - so the problem must be with ISPs or datacentres directly connected and contracted by Blizzard.

I dont really care whos fault it is - only that Blizzard try to mislead people with shitty notifications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anpaperface View Post
    I dont claim to know more about the problem than Blizzard.

I claim that Blizzard have worded their notification to either:

1. intentionally mislead people to think that the problem is on the internet through horrible propaganda
    or
    2. Unintentionally mislead people to think that the problem is on the internet through horrible incompetence.

There are many ways to check the health of the internet in general and the health of the internet in specific localised areas. There is no evidence of any problem on the internet - so the problem must be with ISPs or datacentres directly connected and contracted by Blizzard.

I dont really care whos fault it is - only that Blizzard try to mislead people with shitty notifications.
    It doesn't matter if they're contracted with Blizzard or not. The thing is that Blizzard can't send their own employees after it to fix it. They have to contact an external source and push them harder to fix it. It is an external problem. From issues that have happened in the past, Blizzard always takes the blame, if it's their fault. It's not the case now.

Deleted
    intentionally mislead people to think that the problem is on the internet through horrible propaganda
    or
    Their notifications are very clear;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Our network technicians are investigating this issue.

We are currently experiencing external general connectivity issues which started on the night of the 28 - 29/12

we continue to liaise with the affected parties, and we will let you know as soon as we have further information on this issue.

our network team is working with our network partners to resolve this issue as soon as possible
    Blizzard didn't cause the problem, but because it effects their game of course they are going to do whatever they can to get it fixed. Clearly they have deals with ISP's or even just groups of people around the world that liaise and make sure everything is running smoothly, like Blizzard Network Agents or something.

Deleted
    Lmao you kids are whining so much it's hilarious. Right, because nothing will EVER go wrong, right? Something will always go wrong, and I'm sure they're doing their best to fix the problem. I work in IT so I can imagine the hell they're having to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    The problem IS external, as in, not in their DIRECT control. They can't send their own techs after it, so they have to push and pull other sources to fix it asap.
    Yes external to Blizzard (kinda). But they implied that the problem was decentralised on the internet (completely outside their control) - which it isnt really. Its almost certainly a localised problem with their direct supplier, who I am sure they have a VERY intimate relationship with and a substantial level of control.

Deleted
    Yes external to Blizzard (kinda). But they implied that the problem was decentralised on the internet (completely outside their control) - which it isnt really. Its almost certainly a localised problem with their direct supplier, who I am sure they have a VERY intimate relationship with and a substantial level of control.
    Its their network partners, its written in the latest update. Blizzard is a US company and the issues are in the EU. Its safe to assume that the network issues are based in the EU also.

Its about as external as you can get.

Deleted
    I went to blizz forums and the number of idiots almost made my brain bleed. People, there are other games..go play em.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Their notifications are very clear;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Our network technicians are investigating this issue.

We are currently experiencing external general connectivity issues which started on the night of the 28 - 29/12

we continue to liaise with the affected parties, and we will let you know as soon as we have further information on this issue.

our network team is working with our network partners to resolve this issue as soon as possible
    Blizzard didn't cause the problem, but because it effects their game of course they are going to do whatever they can to get it fixed. Clearly they have deals with ISP's or even just groups of people around the world that liaise and make sure everything is running smoothly, like Blizzard Network Agents or something.
    This is their "main" notification:

"We are currently monitoring an issue that is affecting various regions of internet traffic"

Implies decentralised problem with the internet - incorrect

"This has not been found to be an internal issue"

Implies that it isnt their fault - it is because THEIR redundancy design has failed

What they should say is - "We have a problem with our login servers - we are doing everything we can to fix it. The problem seems to be with connectivity through our suppliers, we are working with them to resolve it"

Deleted
    This is really weird. My loadingscreen stops at 90% and i can HEAR people logging in (the login "bell" or whatever it is).

Its like you are briefly ingame and then get kicked out again. Soooo frustrating

Drives me mad that this always happens on weekend days or bank holidays.

Some of us can't log on every day and need these full days to try and catch up on valor capping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    It doesn't matter if they're contracted with Blizzard or not. The thing is that Blizzard can't send their own employees after it to fix it. They have to contact an external source and push them harder to fix it. It is an external problem. From issues that have happened in the past, Blizzard always takes the blame, if it's their fault. It's not the case now.
    If Blizzard's design is based only on 1 ISP then its definitely their fault if the system goes down.