Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    That only took 9 hours.

Deleted
    yay! im online.

Deleted
    it's working for everyone, you can stop saying it works for you or your server.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's working for everyone, you can stop saying it works for you or your server.
    Ok dad

/10 chars

Grim Batol EU working and operational - guild UI is a bit screwed because it shows everyone who tried to log in all day as online even if they aren't

Deleted
    Currently lvling my alt on Kul Tiras so it seems to be working steadily now. (Don't go wrecking it up now )

Deleted
    logged on kazzak eu

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    Sylvanas is UP
    The servers were never down to begin with.

Tarren Mill is working.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    For anyone who does NOT understand what the problem exactly is, here is an explanation:

Look at the following map. You see servers in different countries connecting each other. That is basicly how internet all over our planet is tied together. If you connect from country A to a website in country C, then you have a node in country B before you can reach C.
    Note: The nodes in image are fiction and are only used as example.

A node, called (external) ISP (Internet Service Provider), connects to another node then it follows a route to that node. Then you have a internet connection. If one the nodes in between has a connection issue then last node searches for a different route. If there isn't another way then there is a connection error.

Example: Look at the node in Russia in the above map, there are a lot ways from Russia to Paris. So if a node on the route to Paris fails, then there is another way to reach Paris. So there is no problem for the user.

This is the problem. One of the nodes has a connection issue. This node is close to Blizzard and the node is also in Paris (like Blizzards server). A couple of countries, trying to connect to Blizzard's server, uses this node. It is the last node before your connection reaches Blizzard. For this node is no back-up route available like in the Russia example. Meaning you get a connection error. Meaning you cannot connect to Blizzard to play World of Warcraft.

Hope this clears up the situation.
    Thanks for explaining this I got the jist, but this was pretty helpful to me.

Deleted
    Working again

Deleted
    Posts in this thread stopped as soon as people were able to log in again. I wonder where all those quitters went? :P

Basically my day was ruined because it was a free day without family obligations, I hope such silly crap wont happen again(sigh).... and on an extra note, having company issues and blaming the internet was kinda lame, they are your servers blizzard we could not log in, stop behaving like a brat and be sincere at your next failure... if you have problems with your eu providers fix em and never again give us cheap excuses like this.
    Last edited by Darth Primus; 2012-12-29 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm back in too, have fun guys

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    Basically my day was ruined because it was a free day without family obligations, I hope such silly crap wont happen again(sigh).... and on an extra note, having company issues and blaming the internet was kinda lame, they are your servers blizzard we could not log in, stop behaving like a brat and be sincere at your next failure... if you have problems with your eu providers fix em and never again give us cheap excuses like this.
    But it wasn't Blizzard's fault or their servers, it was the nodes that the ISPs were using.

Except it was NOT Blizzards fault. Their servers were never down, but a link to TeliaSonnera (who you have to go through to GET to Blizzards servers) was down. So its TeliaSonnera you have to blame, and NOT Blizzard. And yes, this is a fact. A simple tracert would tell you. So "blaming the internet" is actually not lame

Also "FIX THEM" is kinda stupid to say...you cant "fix" a shit happens situation like this, so stop being a child and realize that shit happens in the real world. Its like saying "Fix cars" so we never see an accident ever again
    Last edited by Lilbruz; 2012-12-29 at 08:18 PM.

Al'Akir is on too.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    Al'Akir is on too.
    As said before everything is 'on' as the servers were never down to begin with! The ISP problem is solved... for everyone... and every server...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Posts in this thread stopped as soon as people were able to log in again. I wonder where all those quitters went? :P
    The same place they always disappear to when they realise their favourite toy isn't actually broken (the one they didn't and don't pay for): they went back online and fucking good riddance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:22 PM ----------

Basically my day was ruined
    No offence but if your day was ruined by this then you really need to go outside and get some serious perspective. This outage was probably healthy for a LOT of the posters in this thread.

PS - mail Blizz if you want your £0.29 back.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career