Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post
    Yes, i said in the name of probably millions users at this time, afecting this issue around the globe.

BTW poor meme
    <large meme removed>

well whatever but it still does not makes any sense

Mod Edit: Removed the meme, let's keep this on topic and constructive.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-12-29 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    hahah lost soul, i give you the fresh information:

EXTRA EXTRA

We pay blizzard, our contract is with them, if their supplier is down IT IS their problem, get that into your thick skull.

EXTRA EXTRA
    You paying blizzard does not equal them having to compensate you for issues not related to their services that is affecting them, if anything its your ISP that should compensate you, not blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You paying blizzard does not equal them having to compensate you for issues not related to their services that is affecting them.
    all my this!

its like your towing service cant tow away car because the (your) road is closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You paying blizzard does not equal them having to compensate you for issues not related to their services that is affecting them, if anything its your ISP that should compensate you, not blizzard.
    Really, you read this, and not the thread on oficial one?

The blizzard servers are currently behind Telia (AS1299), as seen here:

BGP routing table entry for 195.12.224.0/19, version 66464082
    Paths: (1 available, best #1, table default)
    Multipath: eBGP
    Advertised to update-groups:
    2 3 6 7 10
    2914 1299, (aggregated by 1299 xxx.xxx.xx.xx)
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx from xx.xxx.xxx.xx (xxx.xxx.x.xx)
    Origin IGP, metric 0, localpref 100, valid, external, atomic-aggregate, best
    Community: yyyyy:yyyyy

Telia is not showing any issues on anything else at the moment, no major changes in their routing or bgp announcements on any of the analysis sites.

Latency to blizzard's gateway where it hits their firewall is fine, no packet loss to the hops that normally start timing out where it hits their filters...

Checked this with multiple other points as well, from various places on the net...

Quite frankly, I call B.S on Blizzard blaiming their ISP because the routing tables and the rest don't reflect their statement. I also call B.S on blizzard telling everyone that every problem is their ISP or their router.... There aren't hundreds of thousands of broken routers out there...

Wake up Little sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    just because you know traceroute it still doesnt mean you know where the problem is.

Deleted
    Really, you read this, and not the thread on oficial one?

The blizzard servers are currently behind Telia (AS1299), as seen here:

BGP routing table entry for 195.12.224.0/19, version 66464082
    Paths: (1 available, best #1, table default)
    Multipath: eBGP
    Advertised to update-groups:
    2 3 6 7 10
    2914 1299, (aggregated by 1299 xxx.xxx.xx.xx)
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx from xx.xxx.xxx.xx (xxx.xxx.x.xx)
    Origin IGP, metric 0, localpref 100, valid, external, atomic-aggregate, best
    Community: yyyyy:yyyyy

Telia is not showing any issues on anything else at the moment, no major changes in their routing or bgp announcements on any of the analysis sites.

Latency to blizzard's gateway where it hits their firewall is fine, no packet loss to the hops that normally start timing out where it hits their filters...

Checked this with multiple other points as well, from various places on the net...

Quite frankly, I call B.S on Blizzard blaiming their ISP because the routing tables and the rest don't reflect their statement. I also call B.S on blizzard telling everyone that every problem is their ISP or their router.... There aren't hundreds of thousands of broken routers out there...

Wake up Little sheep.
    They are not blaming their ISP, they say there are problems with several different parties. I have no idea what that means or what the problem is, but I'm 100% positive that it doesn't matter anyway whose fault it is. If Blizzard came out and said it was their fault, do you think it would have any more of a negative effect on the game than it already has? People can't play and that annoys them. Whose fault it is doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    I am a bit ignorant, which is the biggest german ISP? I am using Kable Deutchland
    Deutsche Telekom

And the problem seems to be somewhere at Telia, who are hosting the Blizzard servers, routing up to Telia is no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinch1984 View Post
    Deleting cache and WTF did not do the trick for me. The loading bar gets to approx. 90% and then I am disconnected. I have tried several chars, the result is the same.
    Oh my, I hope you backed up your WTF folder before deleting that...

OT: randomly deleting things from the WoW folder does not solve these things guys. This is just like rebooting your PC or reinstalling Windows to solve any problem...

Deleted

EXTRA EXTRA

We pay blizzard, our contract is with them, if their supplier is down IT IS their problem, get that into your thick skull.

EXTRA EXTRA
    Get into your thick skull that Blizzard can only do so much with regards to connection issues. While you may feel knowledgable about internet connections in general I am convinced that there are people at blizzard that makes you look like a n00b.

There is no way that Blizzard would NOT do everything in their power to solve any issues that their paying customers have.

Look at that fine contract you have signed. I am pretty sure you will find a paragraph in there somewhere regarding Blizzard NOT compensating you for anything when there are technical issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verndroid View Post
    Get into your thick skull that Blizzard can only do so much with regards to connection issues. While you may feel knowledgable about internet connections in general I am convinced that there are people at blizzard that makes you look like a n00b.

There is no way that Blizzard would NOT do everything in their power to solve any issues that their paying customers have.

Look at that fine contract you have signed. I am pretty sure you will find a paragraph in there somewhere regarding Blizzard NOT compensating you for anything when there are technical issues.
    Nop but they did it in the past when they cared about the playerbase. During WoW Classic and TBC almost each month one maintenance was totally down. They would add free days to our payment. Been looking at my payment history 2005-2008 almost after each month of subscription I had free days added.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Anyone have any luck getting in? I hammered 2 accs now for 20 mins.

And to you that is logged in, do not restart WoW :P
    It might be Telia again. I remember the last time they messed up some of their servers and half of Europe was unable to connect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It might be Telia again. I remember the last time they messed up some of their servers and half of Europe was unable to connect.
    Telia fiber internet was down 9+ hours (gave up and went to bed after 9 hours) were I live 2 days ago

Disconnects me at the loading screen. Glad I got my dailies done during the night.

Deleted

EXTRA EXTRA

EXTRA EXTRA
    No. It's not Blizzards fault when an internet provider can't keep up the internet service. Not even by the remotest stretch of logic and reason is that ever their problem.

All this time I thought I was the only who had issues. Oh well, back to bed -_- Zzzzz

Well I'm in the new group of "disconnected" and when I'm looking at my connexion log in the game log folder it says :

12/29 10:54:01.375 Client initiated Disconnect from 213.248.127.130

And this is the IP of the TeliaSonnera AB server dedicated to blizzard Entertainment

Try a traceroute to this IP, it won't succeed. Seems like their server is down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Nop but they did it in the past when they cared about the playerbase. During WoW Classic and TBC almost each month one maintenance was totally down. They would add free days to our payment. Been looking at my payment history 2005-2008 almost after each month of subscription I had free days added.
    That may be so. But I bet those were issues that Blizzard actually felt responsible for. I do not believe that is the case at the moment. I started playing right before Burning Crusade hit and I can't remember having ever been compensated in the time I have been playing and I cannot remember ever having felt that I should have been compensated either. Game has been running very smooth for a lot of years with only the occasional hiccups.

Blizzard cares about their playerbase. Always have and always will. Why else would they be as successful as they are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Telia fiber internet was down 9+ hours (gave up and went to bed after 9 hours) were I live 2 days ago
    I had some issues with my Telia internet for about an hour a week ago or so. It kept going up and down.

Some times, they just have to take down their service to fix a problem. And those problems often seem to happen during winter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No. It's not Blizzards fault when an internet provider can't keep up the internet service. Not even by the remotest stretch of logic and reason is that ever their problem.
    But the problem must be with their ISP that hosts their servers. As it seems the log in servers are ok, but anything past that as in actually loging on the world servers gets stuck. So it's not "various regions of internet traffic" when none can log into the world servers. Meaning the "Breaking News" message is just so vague and far from the truth.

As in it's not our ISP's fault since we can get past the initial log in. It's Blizzard's fault as they have the responsability for the world servers even if they are hosted locally under contract.