Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Why does this thread sound so much more offensive than it really is.
    Badly worded in his/ her haste to find the answer, but yes it is actually quite conspicuous...

Deleted
    I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. I don't see it looking offensive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Except for the fact that its against forum rules to post that because only smug assholes use it... He asked a question, if you dont like it leave the thread,
    Really? While I agree it's a bit smug it really drives the point home with people who decided to clog discussion forums with a question that google will answer in less time than it takes to write the topic of the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Look, I am totally playing devil's advocate here, but I gotta say, if evolution made black skinned people's palms and feet pink due to lack of needing melanin there, I propose a very simple question:

Why aren't black people's grundle and asscrack pink?
    Missed your post sorry, but its actually a quirk i havent really figured out... i mean like imagine asking your science teacher that

But to bravely attempt it, i'd reason that pigmentation is consistent when continually subject to development. Ergo it will be developing consistently all around the body, or it wouldnt work very well because you'd look like a cow with the spots on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    When i see most black people smile their gums are often black or very dark brown ( in a healthy mouth)
    But what causes this? Some don't have it at all or a little and some gums are just completely dark!
    Is it possible for white people to have this too in a healthy mouth? And if gums are darker sometimes why isn't the tongue ever diffrent?

This is a serious question btw.
    Pigmentation, no special reason. Only pigmentation. They're African, not alien.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:43 AM ----------

I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. I don't see it looking offensive at all.
    Ignorance (no offense meant) can often appear offensive when not expressed with the right words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    1. No human has pigment on the inside of the mouth, palms and souls of feet.
    2. This thread is highly racist and offensive.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Person one: Why do women generally have faster hair growth than men?
    Person two: Male chauvinist pig, go hide in a corner

[not saying women do, it is not the point.. actually it could be made a point but the point was not truth]

Sometimes a question is.. a question. It can be asked without being the result of bigotry. In fact in general tolerance comes from understanding and understanding is the product of knowledge. If questions are not asked and knowledge not gained understanding cannot follow and tolerance will not be present

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Person one: Why do women generally have faster hair growth than men?
    Person two: Male chauvinist pig, go hide in a corner

[not saying women do, it is not the point.. actually it could be made a point but the point was not truth]

Sometimes a question is.. a question. It can be asked without being the result of bigotry. In fact in general tolerance comes from understanding and understanding is the product of knowledge. If questions are not asked and knowledge not gained understanding cannot follow and tolerance will not be present
    The thing is the OPs question isn't based on something real. the only time some has dark colored gums is from food or gum disease, granted Grape Drink will stain the gums dark, and Grape drink is popular in the inner cities of North America.

--SNIP--
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-30 at 07:22 AM.

I have a few black friends all have like darker colored lips but gums are still redish. Interestingly every black chick i dated had a similar situation down below. Brown lips and pink on the inside >.<

Deleted
    The thing is the OPs question isn't based on something real. the only time some has dark colored gums is from food or gum disease, granted Grape Drink will stain the gums dark, and Grape drink is popular in the inner cities of North America.

So this isn't real? When you look at her gums you clearly see a color diffrence. And it also doesent look like she has gum desease
    President Obama also have slightly colored gums, I really don't see why you say it doesen't exist when it seems you don't know anything about it.

Hers are also colored.
    AND AGAIN I KNOW NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE HAVE DARKER GUMS I was just curious why it happens to some and not the other.
    I don't mean it in any racist way. You just want to look at it in that way
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-12-29 at 11:57 AM.

When i see most black people smile their gums are often black or very dark brown ( in a healthy mouth)
    But what causes this? Some don't have it at all or a little and some gums are just completely dark!
    Is it possible for white people to have this too in a healthy mouth? And if gums are darker sometimes why isn't the tongue ever diffrent?

This is a serious question btw.
    I'm black and my gums are pink and so it my tongue. Unless I drink some Kool-Aid, then it will change purple.

Deleted
    1. No human has pigment on the inside of the mouth, palms and souls of feet.
    1, Yes i did kind of implie that sorry you didnt notice... we never adapted to change that way. (As for the gums however, could you link a source? I always thought it was related to the pigmentation... and indeed there are procedures to depigmentize them cosmetically)

2, Please, get off your high horse. The thread title was conjured in haste and can be construed as racist when looked in a certain mindset, there is no harm in asking if you dont understand and indeed people answered and directed him/ her to various google pages.

But really, coming in to state that is just a bit stupid in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    1, Yes i did kind of implie that sorry you didnt notice... we never adapted to change that way. (As for the gums however, could you link a source? I always thought it was related to the pigmentation... and indeed there are procedures to depigmentize them cosmetically)

2, Please, get off your high horse. The thread title was conjured in haste and can be construed as racist when looked in a certain mindset, there is no harm in asking if you dont understand and indeed people answered and directed him/ her to various google pages.

But really, coming in to state that is just a bit stupid in my opinion.
    Its only racist if you make it that way! Nothing racist about a question asking for information at all. But that's my opinion and i am sure others are different. But yeah no harm or racism in the question that i can see.

You have to ask these sort of questions to learn and stuff, Never feel shame or fear being a racist for asking a question to gain more knowledge. If so you will just stay dumb and unknowing.

I'm black and I don't find it offensive at all. I often get honest questions about why black people like grape soda, watermelon, if running fast is natural, etc.
    People are curious, not all are racist.

Everyone in my family loves grape soda, strawberry soday (my sister loves it). I believe it's because the majority of blacks enjoy sweeter tastes. I for example can't drink black coffee, or normal tea. It's got to be sweeter then ever.
    And I never worked towards it, but I ran varsity track in high school as a sprinter, I'd show up to practice with a burrito and soda.

Of course everyone is different and have their own opinions and tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do us pink skins have pink gums?

Also, I'd rather have black gums, and be a rich, dark chocolate color, then have pink gums and be the color of candy floss.

Mmmm.. chocolate... /drool..
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-12-29 at 12:02 PM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't really find caucasian people having a pink skin color, I also wouldn;'t consider gums being pink really but i guess that depends on the gums?
    From the pictures i linked the womans gums are quite near her actual skin color

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It's because secretly, were all brain washed into loving pink and get abducted by pink aliens that color our gums pinks duh!

Wait... fuck!

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:07 PM ----------

I don't really find caucasian people having a pink skin color, I also wouldn;'t consider gums being pink really but i guess that depends on the gums?
    From the pictures i linked the womans gums are quite near her actual skin color
    He meant it as a joke, and yes our gums are a pinkish hue. Some people in the thread enjoy to blow up an ants nest into a mole hill... or something like that i dont know the saying!

P.S trassk, give me the chance i'd be terry crews in a heartbeat... Sweet jesus i'd exchange anything to be him

Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2012-12-29 at 12:15 PM.

Lmao I completely mis read this,

I honestly thought the op said

"How come black people have black guns?"

xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because this is the internet?

It would have been perfectly possible to answer without the snark, but things have already been done.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"