[MW] do MWers avoid all ranged raid encounter mechanics?

Just curious if there are ANY raid mechanics exclusive to ranged that will affect a MW? I.e. pinning arrows on spirit kings, or tornadoes/DoT debuff on windlord?

Any at all?

Deleted
    I can talk about my experience:
    Feng: can't be targeted by arcane resonance as MW
    blade lord: can't be targeted by tordano/wind step
    spirit kings: CAN be targetd by pinning arrows, can't be targeted by shadow orb
    wind lord: can't be targeted by that debuff that let you do shit on the ground, can't be targeted by wind bomb
    ambershaper: can't be targeted by amber scalpel
    empress: can't be targeted by dread screech/cry of terror

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Out of experience (6x nhc, 4x hc kills): This is wrong, MWs don't get targeted by pinning arrows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Out of experience (6x nhc, 4x hc kills): This is wrong, MWs don't get targeted by pinning arrows.
    Yes they do, i just did it 3 days ago in heroic and I was pinned down, alone

Yes they do, i just did it 3 days ago in heroic and I was pinned down, alone
    I don't heal often, but I did on spirit kings and this also happened to me, which is why I made this thread actually. Just want to make sure that 4k is the only fight I gotta worry about, in regards to my positioning.

Monks are classified as melee, in all specs.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been pinned down aswell as mistweaver on spirit kings hc. Might be he just finds target x yards away from him

Never been pinned on Spirit Kings, Always in melee. 99% sure you cannot be the target of them if you are in melee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Never been pinned on Spirit Kings, Always in melee. 99% sure you cannot be the target of them if you are in melee
    That's gotta be the case then.

As for Spirit Kings pinnage it goes on people outside of melee range first, but if there aren't enough targets in ranged (7 on 25-man iirc; 3 on 10), then it can get cast on a melee; regardless of positioning.

Unlike a mechanic like Cry of Terror (Empress) that will only ever be cast on ranged "classified" people, regardless of where they're standing; ie it will target a holy paladin even if he's in melee range of the boss but never a mistweaver monk.

From my experience, it depends if you are in melee range of the boss or not.

I was targeted by tornadoes on Ta'jak if I was not standing in melee.

Deleted
    Spirit Kings we've had our tank get a shadow orb before, so if they can get it monks can too although I have never had it myself. I do lol a bit when all the healers have to run around avoiding stuff and we can sit in melee and just pump heals all the time.

When I think about it, the shadow orb on tank may well have come after we stacked for madness thing, which might explain it.

Deleted
    I can talk about my experience:
    Feng: can't be targeted by arcane resonance as MW
    blade lord: can't be targeted by tordano/wind step
    wind lord: can't be targeted by that debuff that let you do shit on the ground, can't be targeted by wind bomb
    ambershaper: can't be targeted by amber scalpel
    empress: can't be targeted by dread screech/cry of terror
    from my experience only empress from these is correct

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Monks are classified as melee, in all specs.
    They weren't as Mistweavers previously, they were being counted as ranged. I am unsure if they fixed it yet.

They are still being counted as melee. Atleast they did during this reset, and I can confirm that the pinning arrow can hit anyone who's in range, but if you stand in melee, you will not get hit by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    They weren't as Mistweavers previously, they were being counted as ranged. I am unsure if they fixed it yet.
    At no point during live have Mistweavers been considered ranged. We are and have always been melee.