Deleted

Did pvp recover?

I remember in mid-cata... no pvp updates, big names left the building and arenajunkies website pretty much died out. Did pvp community come alive in Mist and arenajunkies back in business?
    Noticed that talbadar and snutz moved on to some game called forge that would replace wow arena, did they in fact leave and take a proper goodbye from wow? I find it hard to imagine that being the sole dominant cow spriest in wow arena is a bit more rewarding than playing one of five classes in a game that each player playing that class look the same and does the same... but if they stand by their words then some big names left the wow pvp field in this xpac as well. True story or how's the pvp world rocking in todays world of warcraft?

Deleted
    People leave all the time and new ones replaces them aswell, this is nothing new :/

Pvp community is somewhat alive, just some fixes left and we got a great season coming up next season probably

Samx quit and came back.
    Woundman quit and came back.
    Reckful quit and came back.
    Talbadar quit* and came back.

*kind of

I wouldn't judge the current state of the game on how many / which top tier players have decided to renew their subs though. Overall MoP is -okay- so far, but it's the same with all starts of expansions, and hopefully next season will be more balanced (although the patch notes atm are pretty much all going in the wrong direction).

Deleted
    AJ is pretty dead compared to when I last took PvP seriously back in WOTLK, hasn't recovered imo.

Deleted
    PVP is dead. The burst is nutty and the abilities are too many to comfortably play with. 5v5 was a mess to start with, now with 3x the abilties it's just one big blur.

PVP used to be something like this;
    Ability -> Counter + Ability -> Counter + Ability -> Play

Now it's more like this;
    Counter -> Counter -> Counter -> Counter -> Counter -> Counter (REPEAT)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Samx quit and came back.
    Woundman quit and came back.
    Reckful quit and came back.
    Talbadar quit* and came back.

*kind of

I wouldn't judge the current state of the game on how many / which top tier players have decided to renew their subs though. Overall MoP is -okay- so far, but it's the same with all starts of expansions, and hopefully next season will be more balanced (although the patch notes atm are pretty much all going in the wrong direction).
    Samulex never really "quit." He always ends up going to college for a semester only to come back and play after the semester is over.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Pvp community is somewhat alive, just some fixes left and we got a great season coming up next season probably
    First season in an expansion is always bad, people just need to realize it.

No, it didn't quite recover yet. It usually does eventually. And by then, when things start to become nice and balanced, we have a new expansion and they change everything. Round and round we go.

they have actually started to dynamically affect abilities solely within a PVP environment so the people that used the excuse "oh they cant balance both at once!" is slowly going out the door, its getting fleshed out but i reckon that we'll eventually see a system where there will be two types to every skill; pve and pvp so they can balance both independently without touching either one.

NFi how it'll affect world pvp though

AJ has been somewhat dead for a while now, but it seems like PvP in general is improving by leaps and bounds over Cataclysm at least.

I don't think Snutz plays anymore, but Talbadar still does. The playstyle and particular skillset emphasized in arenas changes every expansion, and some players are bound to be disappointed with a restructured game. I feel like PvP is falling back into a style we're more used to, but for most of this season everything just revolved around burst with damage cooldowns and nothing happened for the 2-3 min that they'd be down and that was really boring. I don't blame anyone for quitting during that.

Blizzard's actually making an effort towards balance though, and doing a pretty good job of it, although they're still a little slow on making that changes. Looking over the changes for next season, I think the game's going to be really decently balanced. As it stands rogues will probably be too good and there'll still be too big a discrepancy between healer balance, but it still could very well be the most balanced season yet.