Computer for WoW

Hey was wondering if I can at least get med settings for WoW on this computer and if not, could I add a better gpu and get at least those settings?
    If I do decide to add a better gpu what is the best that this computer can support??

Also if you can suggest a better option from Amazon in the $500 range that would be appreciated. Unfortunately building my own not an option at the moment

Thx in advance

AMD® A-Series A8-5500 Processor 3.2GHzwith TurboCore 2.0 Technology up to 3.7GHz
    Windows 8
    1TB SATA Hard Drive
    8GB DDR3 Memory
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D Graphics
    Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
    10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    802.11a/b/g/n WiFi CERTIFIED™
    Bluetooth® 4.0+HS
    16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
    High-Definition Audio support with 5.1 Channel output
    6- USB 2.0 Ports (2 front, 4 rear)
    2- USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear)
    2- PS/2 Ports (keyboard and mouse)
    Gateway Multimedia Keyboard and Optical Mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...k,3224-16.html

Here is what this will do with the integrated GPU.
    If you want to add a graphics card with that iGPU check this compatibility list:
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...raphics.aspx#3

Or you can add a much more powerful card if you so desire, but then i'm not sure you can use the dual-card technology.

However, that A8 is a pretty weak processor for WoW, eventhough that benchmark on top gave good enough results.
    Given a sufficient raid, i think the fps will drop quite a bit. Compared to a relatively good quadcore intel you get this:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/62?i=288.289.676

I hear of some people having problems running WoW in windows 8? isnt windows 7 the same thing and windows 8 is new so they havent really figured the "Kinks" out? might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 8, under the hood, is not much different from windows 7, or Vista. They're roughly all the same kernal (6.0, 6.1, and 6.2, respectively)

The biggest complaint I've heard about Windows 8, is that it's just a frustrating experience on the whole.

Axionn, how much is the computer you listed being offered for? Could a friend build a computer for you? What are you using now?

I just have a bunch of amazon gift cards that my wife is making me use so it has to be amazon right now. I'm hoping to build my own in march or April so it doesn't have to be a great computer right now.

Which will give me better performance for wow, pairing that 6570 with the integrated gpu or just buying a 7750 or 7770 whichever is the best I can Do with the crappy power supply provided by gateway?

Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    A 7770 ought to be fine.

If it were me though, and over 200 worth of cards, I'd sell them for 90% the value or something, save the money and just wait a couple months. It seems a waste to get a computer now, only to replace it a few months from now.

For $500, you could honestly build a so much better computer.

And I know you said building one isn't an option right now... but to be honest, it doesn't take long with all the parts? You just plug everything in and go. You could put it together in 10 minutes.

But I just recently got a Radeon 6770, and I love it. Granted it was one of the cheaper graphics cards on the market, but I was trying to conserve money.

The system I have listed in my sig was all for under $400.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Windows 8, under the hood, is not much different from windows 7, or Vista. They're roughly all the same kernal (6.0, 6.1, and 6.2, respectively)

The biggest complaint I've heard about Windows 8, is that it's just a frustrating experience on the whole.

Axionn, how much is the computer you listed being offered for? Could a friend build a computer for you? What are you using now?
    A nice start menu replacement gets rid of the frustrating experience with MetroUI. I know because I'm currently using Stardocks Start8 and have yet to see MetroUI since installing it.

Hey Axionn

CPU A10 5800k $120
    MB Asus F2A85-M $100
    RAM Patriot DDR3 1866 8gb $47
    Storage WD 1TB Blue $77
    Case Corsair 200r $50
    PSU xfx 450 $60
    Total $454

Prices all from Amazon.
    Will play wow, but won't be super spectacular. Paired the higher tier A10 APU with 1866memory, seeing as the IGP benefits from having faster ram.
    Missing out on wifi capability though, and this price doesn't consider monitor/keyboard/mouse etc.

Uhm. "Put a computer together in 10 minutes?" Maybe if you build computers for a living. but this is his first time dont tell him he can do it 10 minutes because he wont even be close to doing it in 10 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhodor View Post
    Uhm. "Put a computer together in 10 minutes?" Maybe if you build computers for a living. but this is his first time dont tell him he can do it 10 minutes because he wont even be close to doing it in 10 minutes
    I agree. I use to be in speed-building contests at my old work. Yes, I can build a computer fast. But MOST of my friends, who have built their own computers before, still screw things up. Someone who doesn't know how to is honestly just asking for trouble.

10 minutes was an over exaggeration.

But go on TigerDirect, they sell bundled deals with a Case/MB/CPU/RAM for a good price.

Someone asks for advice on a PC for WoW and none of you suggest going intel, shame.

Intel plays WoW at nearly 50% faster speeds than AMD does, even in the same price range. You are obviously not going to get an i7 or i5 but you should be able to swing a pre-built i3 machine for your budget. Here is a benchmark showing how much better intel runs WoW than amd:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=406

This is a 65$ entry level intel dual core vs a 180.00$ top of the line amd (as of of a couple months ago) and if you scroll down to the wow benchmark the intel is faster.

Here is a pre-built from newegg with a ivy bridge i3 and 8gb of ram for 450.00:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227442

You will need to add a GPU to pretty much any prebuilt you buy because manufactuers charge ridculous amounts of money for addon GPU's, much better off buying your own.

You are slightly limited to what GPU you can get as most pre-built machines in this price range have 300w PSU, the best card for that is going to be a 6670 like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102950

This will play most games on the market at 1080p resolutions, just make sure you get a GDDR5 model and not DDR3. Dont worry, the specs say you need a 400w minimum power supply but AMD always over rates that number, 300w is fine for 6670's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Intel plays WoW at nearly 50% faster speeds than AMD does, even in the same price range. You are obviously not going to get an i7 or i5 but you should be able to swing a pre-built i3 machine for your budget. Here is a benchmark showing how much better intel runs WoW than amd:
    Not inherently for being intel. Their CPUs that are stronger than AMDs are stronger in WoW. Their weaker CPUs are not.
    intel has stronger CPUs in general now, but they don't get bonus points in wow simply for being intel.

The AMDphobia for building computers is exaggerated either way, they are perfectly capable CPUs.

You clearly didnt clink the link?

A 65 dollar CPU bested a 180 dollar CPU, a g620 isnt even a core series CPU. Intel architecture, all the way down to entry level is simply superior to AMD's. The only situation i could possibly recommend an AMD CPU at any price point is if you live near a microcenter, you can get a fx-4100+AM3 motherboard for 89.00 bucks, that is an outstanding deal. Outside of that, i will never recommend an AMD cpu.

You need to understand i am talking about WoW performance, because that is what this thread is about. Suggesting any AMD CPU (outside of the microcenter deal) is irresponsible.

You clearly didnt clink the link?
    You clearly didn't understand what I said, and you cherry-picked a best case scenario. Compare it with the 8350, for instance. intel does not perform better in Wow for being intel.

You need to understand i am talking about WoW performance, because that is what this thread is about. Suggesting any AMD CPU (outside of the microcenter deal) is irresponsible.
    AMD A-series are more than fine for WoW performance. I donot agree with your opinion on it being irresponsible.

What are you talking about man. I picked that review at random, do you want me to link price competitive AMD vs Intel WoW benchs? Here ya go:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=288

I never said you cant play wow on AMD products, of course you can. But why suggest an inferior product when the competition offers something better at the same price? Again im talking about WoW only here, i will never suggest an AMD product to someone who is going to be mainly using their PC for WoW (as this thread is titled "computer for wow")

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone asks for advice on a PC for WoW and none of you suggest going intel, shame.
    You clearly didn't read my post either

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not use the amazon gift cards to get parts for your own computer?

But why suggest an inferior product when the competition offers something better at the same price? Again im talking about WoW only here, i will never suggest an AMD product to someone who is going to be mainly using their PC for WoW (as this thread is titled "computer for wow")
    I merely suggested an A10 build because the system is within OP's $500 budget, and it saves him from getting a discrete gpu, which is more cost. The IGP from the APU is leaps and bounds ahead of Intel IGP atm (until haswell comes along at least), and will play wow pretty well. Suggesting Intel is better simply for being intel, or us being irresponsible for suggesting AMD, I'm sorry, sir, but I respectfully disagree.