Thread: upgrade help

Deleted

upgrade help

ok so im looking at upgrading my current pc it was bought earlier this year on a budget due to my laptop blowing up and it plays wow fine on fair graphics and in a 25 man i get a steady 30fps but im looking for abit more oomph.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte M68MT-S2
    CPU: AMD FX Quad Core
    CPU Model: AMD Bulldozer FX 4100 3.6ghz Quad Core 8mb Cache
    CPU Socket: AMD AM3 / AM3+
    CPU Speed: 3.6 Ghz
    Memory: 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
    Hard Disk: 1tb Sata Hard Drive
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 5450 1gb DDR3 with HDMI With Hyper Memory upto 2gb
    PSU Size: 500 Watt Branded Power Supply

Above is the current spec of my pc been thinking of adding a better graphics card but after that bit unsure will have £300-£500 to spend on upgrades
    Last edited by mmoc675ea862ec; 2012-12-29 at 01:29 PM.

You could definitely do with a new graphics card as I'm certain that your 5450 just isn't doing it for 25mans, particularly if you're playing at high resolutions.
    Also, your CPU isn't that old, but it's not the best either for WoW, since it's more CPU-dependent than a lot of other games, you *could* even upgrade that, but I'd say your PSU is of top priority first.

Before we start giving out recommendations though, do you know what Brand is your PSU? I assume this was a pre-built PC also, is this correct? Do you know if your PSU has any of these:

If you're unsure about most things about your PSU, I'd personally just get a new one of a reputed brand and model, just to be on the safe side, as the PSU does tend to be one of the most important components of any gaming PC. Let us know So, if we do need to get a new PSU, expect to spend about £50-£70 for a decent quality 500w-600w, as it should be more than enough for the current gen GPUs, since they tend to be very power efficient.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-12-29 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    yeah its a pre built 1 and i have no clue what brand it is

Can you see if it has one of those connectors? You'll need them for your new GPU, although most of them will come with an adapter, which I'd still not recommend using. Is there not even a logo or something on the side of the PSU?

I'm kinda leaning towards replacing the PSU just to be on the safe side.