Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Removing LFD & LFR will destroy the community & game more are you nuts! Have you seen what happens to games when they do have a LFG feature.

That Nostalgia for someone who prbly never played during that time cause if you did you would understand how much of a pain in the arse it was unless you had a good guild that you could always run with it, I had a guild that I always could run with and it still a pain if one of the guys had to leave. Sorry times have changed & a LFG feature is needed. Look at Rift they have LFG & there small community it is good & its really strong. Why cause there not arrogant to each other they help eachother.

No its the community itself that has become so arrogant or over there head and will be a main reason if WoW ever falls , Not LFG, LFR, Ghostcrawler or Blizzard. Plus people are so ignorant to Ghostcrawler aswell. People just want someone to point fingers at someone & it aint Ghostcrawler, its everyone else being arrogant and thats what destoryed the community.

When LFG was released at the end of Wrath everyone was excited for it and it has been a success since and when LFR was released the communtiy already went to shit, so it was never LFG/R features its the once again the community own arrogants. All these whinners given a voice & there the tinking time bomb that eventually kill the game, because they demand everything just they pay a sub.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-12-29 at 05:41 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with half a brain knows Blizz will never remove LFR, LFD, flying mounts, CRZ, etc. These are improvements that Blizz spent thousands of hours creating and lots of money. I've played since Vanilla, so I can honestly say that these are improvements to the game. Sure, I hate most aspects of CRZ but at least the world doesn't feel dead anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Thegame shouldnt be designed around them. If you are so busy in life that all you can do in WoW is LFR, then you really shouldnt be playing. LFR should be a "catch up mechanism," available only for previous tier/s (maybe).

The game was/would be better with people who have the time and resources to play, not people who in log for 1-1.5 hours for LFR. Thats how MMOs work.

Go play a DoTA game or Angry Birds.

And im not being condescending, Angry Brds can be the shit.
    The fact that you're telling people WoW isn't for them and what they should play is condescending. Who are you exactly to tell others what to do? I don't have nearly the time I used to for playing WoW. Between college, an internship and a gf I 'm lucky if I can run all wings of LFR a week. I still enjoy logging on and chatting with friends I've made over the past 8 years though, and I have the chance to catch up on achievements I couldn't do when I raided 5 nights a week. I have fun, what's it matter to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    RPG was lost when talents, glyphing, gold making and everybody can afford everything really easily (no one really is different) was dumbed down.
    RPG means to assume the role of the character.. act like what you are, talk like what you are... And none of the things you've listed.
    RPG = Role Playing Game.
    That does not refer to the class/spec you have, but to the race and the social part of your toon. You create your own virtual life story and stick to it.
    Like let's say you go and refuse to ever kill anything at all, because you are a tauren and you don't believe in mindless violence, and your raid group has to convince you to start fighting now. That aspect is rather dead in WoW tho. On that you are correct.

Deleted
    So uh, where are you getting that from? BiS would kinda imply it's about people who're working on heroics, but then you just took it and twisted it around so you could whine about those gosh darned casuals expecting free epix.

So maybe, just maybe, GC was just talking about a time when raiding wasn't as involved with painstakingly optimizing stats and gearsets. But hey, maybe you're right. God knows we need ANOTHER one of these threads, right? That wasn't old back when Wrath was current either

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Pretty much this^

I know there will be a lot of players coming on shouting special snowflake you no take MY raid (LOL) away from me, me is entitled to purples also, why u no undstand huh!?"¤!%?¤!%!"????!??
    The above is also what the complaints about dailies are; We want more ways of sitting afk (hit the que button, grab bacon) while getting something for nothing.

I hope that blizzard eventually also comes to the conclusion, the game will be a billion times better, and grow exponentially again if they just give a big hallelulja and ..|.. to these leaches, shed the 1-2 million.., they will gain that easily again when the game becomes more "respectable"

Do I come across as an elitist?, maybe
    Do I come across as an ass?- maybe
    At least I'm not subscribing to a game just to ask for content to be dumped so I can sit and be bored

The beauty of it is though, it really don't matter how I come across.., it's a forum, and I could care less what some self-entitled little shit have to say, delivering an opinion is what this thread is about

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Anyone with half a brain knows Blizz will never remove LFR, LFD, flying mounts, CRZ, etc. These are improvements that Blizz spent thousands of hours creating and lots of money. I've played since Vanilla, so I can honestly say that these are improvements to the game. Sure, I hate most aspects of CRZ but at least the world doesn't feel dead anymore.
    Having also played since Vanilla, I don't see why they can't get rid of the features.., in my experience (like you have yours) the game was in a much better state prior to these implementations, and the overall quality of the players themselves, was god like compared to today!
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-29 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    We are starting to see that the longer an MMO stays active, the shittier its community becomes. WoW is suffering from a terribly shitty playerbase where almost all of the players who wanted an MMO adventure are gone, and the players who want instant gratification and the best of everything with as little work as possible are now the majority. Because of this shift, Blizzard is less about creating the game they want to create, and more about pleasing the fickle playerbase to keep their subscription numbers topped off. I think that with MoP Blizzard is starting to once more build the game they want to build, thanks to new game tech and QoL improvements. But the community will likely never recover.
    I don't blame the community, I blame Blizzard.
    I can give a REAL LIFE example of exactly what is going on. You have a group of politicians who decided to start a new country, it starts of slow, everyone is working hard and everyone is co-operating. The country grows in power, wealth and skills. As the country grows in power, the quality of life improves, more and more people immigrate to the country, more children, more adults more EVERYTHING. This country is growing fast and now is handing out EVERYTHING for free, health care, university, school etc...

Other countries and people recognise this great, successful place. People from other countries now move in to this new country (lets name it Azeroth) and decide they want to apply for a citizenship+passport. So far so great! These new educated people bring new cultures, friends, wealth and skills to Azeroth. The government starts to lay back, take it easy, not put in their 100%. But what a bad time, more more and people are entering, their number grow EXPONENTIALLY, and what the leaders do not realise, is that THESE people are bringing their own baggage, their issues and everything. And this impacts the community as a whole, instead of teaching these people how to deal with their issues, what to do, what not to do. They decide they want to do EVERYTHING for them, pay their bills, provide them with 5 star homes etc.. etc... The community is happy, these people are getting their help!

Year after year the QoL improves, but to an extent where everything is shoved up peoples arses that it really isn't an option, you have the flu? HERE ARE FREE GIFTS+MONEYZ+EVERYTHING. These already lazy people get lazier and everything just builds from there.

This is exactly what is happening. And because of this same scenario, people begin to rely less on themselves, and more on their leaders.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    The fact that you're telling people WoW isn't for them and what they should play is condescending. Who are you exactly to tell others what to do? I don't have nearly the time I used to for playing WoW. Between college, an internship and a gf I 'm lucky if I can run all wings of LFR a week. I still enjoy logging on and chatting with friends I've made over the past 8 years though, and I have the chance to catch up on achievements I couldn't do when I raided 5 nights a week. I have fun, what's it matter to you?
    Because the game is being designed around you and turning into a 3D chat room. Derp.

When people didn't always feel the need to say: "The game was better when..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    RPG means to assume the role of the character.. act like what you are, talk like what you are... And none of the things you've listed.
    RPG = Role Playing Game.
    That does not refer to the class/spec you have, but to the race and the social part of your toon. You create your own virtual life story and stick to it.
    Like let's say you go and refuse to ever kill anything at all, because you are a tauren and you don't believe in mindless violence, and your raid group has to convince you to start fighting now. That aspect is rather dead in WoW tho. On that you are correct.
    No what I said is correct, I mean the mechanics which makes an RPG an RPG. You think a game can be seen as one if there is no depth, options, tactics, customisation etc... to the game? This game is becoming a rail-shooter. Where all you have to do is walk in a straight line and have things handed to you.
    \

Because the game is being designed around you and turning into a 3D chat room. Derp.
    So heroic raids are less hard core? You've cleared full HM, right? I'm sorry all those HC raids are being tuned down for people like me. Oh, they aren't. Derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Pretty much this^

I know there will be a lot of players coming on shouting special snowflake you no take MY raid (LOL) away from me, me is entitled to purples also, why u no undstand huh!?"¤!%?¤!%!"????!??
    The above is also what the complaints about dailies are; We want more ways of sitting afk (hit the que button, grab bacon) while getting something for nothing.

I hope that blizzard eventually also comes to the conclusion, the game will be a billion times better, and grow exponentially again if they just give a big hallelulja and ..|.. to these leaches, shed the 1-2 million.., they will gain that easily again when the game becomes more "respectable"

Do I come across as an elitist?, maybe
    Do I come across as an ass?- maybe

The beauty of it is though, it really don't matter how I come across.., it's a forum, and I could care less what some self-entitled little shit have to say, delivering an opinion is what this thread is about
    It's leeches....
    and why dropping 2 mio. (the true number is rather more like 9 mio) instead of just discarding the maybe 100.000 - 500.000 that lack manners, and have no concept of a social community because they need a computer game to overcompensate, and put some personal fulfillment into their life which they otherwise cannot achieve IRL?

The latter seems like the more appealing idea...
    The game grew the most during the time when Blizzard gave up to cater to the "snowflakes". End of TBC, Beginning of WotlK, It crashed when it started to focus too much on the snowflakes. End of WotLK beginning of Cata.
    Ever since, the numbers of the snowflakes leaving gets replenished by new people.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-29 at 05:50 PM.

Because you have a bunch of baggage which you bring in to the game, everyone must pay the price right? THERE ARE MANY OTHER GAMES people with time constraints can still play and achieve. You don't have fucking time, not out problem. Go play GW2, that is a great game for people with limited time. You can PvP with the top any time you want and are not forced to login everyday to run around your main city and click join (for LFR) and sit AFK.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Thegame shouldnt be designed around them. If you are so busy in life that all you can do in WoW is LFR, then you really shouldnt be playing. LFR should be a "catch up mechanism," available only for previous tier/s (maybe).
    And who exactly are you to decide what WoW should be? If you're not happy with WoW model, go playe EvE or Rift, I heard that they eat a lot more time.
    And who are you to tell people what they should play? I'm not even mentioning the fact that a lot of those casual players are former hardcore vanilla/BC players who got jobs and families since then. What should you tell them? "No, sorry, get lost"?

The game was/would be better with people who have the time and resources to play, not people who in log for 1-1.5 hours for LFR. Thats how MMOs work.
    Except that the game world changed since then. The new generation of games cannot be expected to spend that much time in game, for various reasons. And not taking that social (social means it's a global process btw) evolution into account is shooting yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by Tomana; 2012-12-29 at 05:50 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Along with Warriors.

And Warlocks.

And Monks.

Every class is OP in their own way.

The sooner people actually realize this, the better.

I of course believe certain classes need to be buffed because they're weaker than others, but every freaking class is OP.
    Thank You, the PvP community is the worse they think there all amazing players & if they're killed that class is considered OP & they will complain until that class gets a unneeded nerf & thatn the class is useless now and thats what happened all Catacylsm. Blizzard can't balance the game around people who complain about every class or ability that can can give you an advantage. Theres no skill in PvP anymore, you could the best at your class & you everything and maximize to your classes max potiential and still get rolled cause your class has been nerfed so hard from people complaining.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    No what I said is correct, I mean the mechanics which makes an RPG an RPG. You think a game can be seen as one if there is no depth, options, tactics, customisation etc... to the game? This game is becoming a rail-shooter. Where all you have to do is walk in a straight line and have things handed to you.
    No no. I was just referring to the definition of RPG. That term exists since pre-Computer games times already.

I don't disagree with the straight line analogy you bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And who exactly are you to decide what WoW should be? If you're not happy with WoW model, go playe EvE or Rift, I heard that they eat a lot more time.
    And who are you to tell people what they should play? I'm not even mentioning the fact that a lot of those casual players are former hardcore vanilla BC players who got jobs and families since then. What should you tell them? "No, sorry, get lost"?

Except that the game world changed since then. The new generation of games cannot be expected to spend that much time in game, for various reasons. And not taking that social (social means it's a global process btw) evolution into account is shooting yourself in the foot.
    No... if you don't have fucking time go play a game which is LESS time consuming. Guild Wars 2 does that PERFECTLY. Don't bring in your baggage and expect Blizzard to hand you freebies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No no. I was just referring to the definition of RPG. That term exists since pre-Computer games times already.

I don't disagree with the straight line analogy you bring up.
    Ah yes, fair enough Apologies.
    \

Deleted
    WoW was better when people actually knew they need to work for something, they didnt demad 5 mans to shower them with epics to be ready for latest raids, unlike now all the spoiled brats think.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... if you don't have fucking time go play a game which is LESS time consuming.
    And who are you to tell people what they should play? Go play your GW2 (which is bad btw) if you like, and let people who want to play WoW play WoW. As long as everyone has its own content within the game, it's fine.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of does. I never see casuals running streams on twitch or talking with the community. Don't come in a thread and bash people like you are 12 years old. Making this game difficult will make people flock back to it.
    Nathane, People will run from WoW like its the plague if it went back to the old days, you would lock the majority of the community & the game would decline like it did during Cataclysm.