Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Yes even the devs agreed it was a mistake to make ''Things'' hard and hey guy we your name that I'm going coo-coo I'm still waiting your armory like hurry up.
    OMG everyone look! A bad ass cata raider he must be super good!

If you think LFR is good for WoW you have to be brain dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ghostcrawler has completely lost touch on the playerbase, and I'm sick and tired of him telling me what's fun.
    I put it in bold.... What gives you the idea that YOU are the player base?
    I on the other hand agree with him.

None of us is the player base...... I tell you what the player base is...
    Those millions of players who don't give a damn about fan forums, and the like. The millions of people that pay their subs and log in when ever they please to, and play the game for what it is. An offered product for which everyone has the same choice, of whether liking it, which results in paying their subs and keep playing, or not liking it, which results in them not paying a sub and not playing it..
    From there it is absolutely safe to say, that Blizzards job is fine, because the vast majority of about 10 million people don't have any issue with the game at all.
    And amongst those is the entire variety from hardcore raider to super relaxed mom who just plays for fun of doing some gathering and the like.

That's the reality, and everyone needs to start realizing that.
    If you don't like it, man up and quit. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Personally, I prefer LFR to 5-man instance spam for top end gear.

Single boss raids - sure, they were fun.

As far as different modes go... it caters to different folks.
    Casuals: LFR
    Social raiders: Normal
    Hardcore: Hard modes

Without the other folks (normal + casual) paying subs there would be less content developed for the hardcore. Also there's a way for new people to learn how to play effectively.

I don't think you'd enjoy having recruitment issues every time someone stopped playing or 1 to 2 content patches a year?
    I personally hate 1 boss raids. I didn't like Throne of Four Winds, although it was a 2 boss raid.

The raid was gorgeous and the mechanics and design was cool but Al Akir was just..I hate that fight so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.
    With the exception of the one point I didn't quote, all of the above will thoroughly kill off low population servers entirely. The sole reason my server is still somewhat alive is because of LFD and LFR. It gives the non-raiders something to do. And considering there are only three currently active raiding guilds on my faction, that's quite a percentage of the population with no access to raids. And even before Blizzard killed off most of the server with a misplaced server transfer, getting a tank for a heroic dungeon any time outside of 18-21 was near impossible. The levelling dungeons weren't touched at all unless you got boosted by a friend or paid someone to do it.

Or, ya know, because someone has a different opinion than you they're somehow wrong.

How is it bad.

How have any of those things you want removed and added help the game.

Enlighten us because we've been outlining how all your ideas would break the game and ruin it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm from vanillia from ancient times to the entire core of this game; Look you haven't even provided me your armory. Your trying to counter me when you have no evidence to do and dam right I was bad ass in cata and wrath AND vanillia I did leave BC. Like if you can't provide the ridiculous amouts of the BS you're spewing out then why post? Why won't you even show us how good you are? You support us so called ''HC'' raiders you want this game to be like that again yet you provide your self nothing of that person so in reality your nothing more then a lie

Am I missing anything else?

Oh and fyi I never said LFR was good just saying

When I was able to log into the game, such great times....

No LFR would mean either 5-man spam for gear or you having to gear people up. I don't think you'd appreciate having to stop progression to go mindless farm mode on old content? LFR is the lesser of the 2 evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post

Discuss.
    You've already made your mind up about certain things. Now you are just picking a GC quote and extrapolating its perceived meaning to advance your own interests.

On the face of it, theres nothing wrong with his statement at all.

Stop taking every fucking twitter comment and analysing the shit out of it.
    It's like telling your gf her hair looks nice today. "Thanks" is the straight answer to a simple comment. "OMG you didn't compliment me on my hair for the past 3 days that means it must have looked shit!! Either that or you were being a selfish inconisiderate prick!" Is slightly more tangental but it appears to be what you are doing.

No LFR would mean either 5-man spam for gear or you having to gear people up. I don't think you'd appreciate having to stop progression to go mindless farm mode on old content?
    The entire point of LFR is to help those still kind of lacking in gear get that one or two pieces they need, allow Casuals to see the content and experience the Raid's Story. That's all.

They're letting the MAJORITY of the players in this game see the content they can't because they don't want to raid regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Or any new MMO to come out as well.
    Also a very good point. As far as I recall, there was quite the uproar in the SWTOR community over the lack of a dungeon finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    No LFR would mean either 5-man spam for gear or you having to gear people up. I don't think you'd appreciate having to stop progression to go mindless farm mode on old content? LFR is the lesser of the 2 evils.
    Wooot? I always had fun at butchering "lower" guilds for their equiped raiders. How can it not be fun stealing maintanks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Stop taking every fucking twitter comment and analysing the shit out of it.
    It's like telling your gf her hair looks nice today. "Thanks" is the straight answer to a simple comment. "OMG you didn't compliment me on my hair for the past 3 days that means it must have looked shit!! Either that or you were being a selfish inconisiderate prick!" Is slightly more tangental but it appears to be what you are doing.
    you are right on the money. It's a perfect metaphor

Yes even the devs agreed it was a mistake to make ''Things'' hard and hey guy we your name that I'm going coo-coo I'm still waiting your armory like hurry up if your going to try and diss the so called ''Majority'' I want to at least see your amazing accomplishments within the entire ''HC'' of your armory
    -Apathy- I want to give birth to your children. I love your replys when people think they're "HC" raiders <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see where GC erred here.
    People really shouldn't expect to wear all BiS gear. That was and always will be reserved for the hardcore crowd. (Exception = last raid of an X-pac)

However, wanting LFR epix has nothing to do with wanting BiS.

By removing content for casuals, you just would hurt the game even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, a guy who automatically assumes that he is automatically better than everyone else without even looking.

If you can't do the maths yourself because it's too hard, I'll do it for you: these days, you can't afford creating content for only a minority of players. You can't pour millions of dollars in raid art and encounters only to see a few players clear them. Look at what happened with SWP. After this epitome of economical idiocy, it became clear for every decision-maker involved that the cost of creating raids had to be spread on the largest possible player base. Hence the creation of LFR, so that a lot of people can experience the bosses, get loot and - ultimately - do something else besides 5 man and BGs like it was the case in BC.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from vanillia from ancient times to the entire core of this game; Look you haven't even provided me your armory. Your trying to counter me when you have no evidence to do and dam right I was bad ass in cata and wrath AND vanillia I did leave BC. Like if you can't provide the ridiculous amouts of the BS you're spewing out then why post? Why won't you even show us how good you are? You support us so called ''HC'' raiders you want this game to be like that again yet you provide your self nothing of that person so in reality your nothing more then a lie

Am I missing anything else?
    Because I am not feed the troll ass that you are? You come into every thread looking to bash people is your life so sad you have nothing to do with your 19k post count?

Back on topic everyone thinks we can't do that because the casuals will threaten to leave! Honestly getting more hardcore guilds on twitch streaming and getting the game out there will bring the subs up. People not becoming bored and always on improving their character will improve subs. I hate this counter argument " Casuals will leave QQ "

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-12-30 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    I like the fact that there is something for everyone. If you don't have much time, you can do some 5 man Hc's or do a LFR which doesn't require much time either. (I like this, because with work and studies, you really don't have time to get attuned and farm, but still you can participate in the game and see the new content.) If you wanna play something more difficult you can do the normal raids, and get better gear etc. And if you wanna go hardcore you can do the raids on HC mode, and do some challenge dungeons etc. Something for everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Isn't making things super hard again what was kind of the breaking point for most people during Cata? Like Heroics being too hard and the raids being very difficult?

Sorry I honestly don't completely remember why people unsubbed. Everyone had their own reasoning.
    According to Blizzard during the investor's call where they announced the huge plummet, the main reason stated by quitting players was indeed that they hit a brick wall with the heroic dungeons that were vastly more difficult than their Wrath counterparts.

Deleted
    Back on topic everyone thinks we can't do that because the casuals will threaten to leave! Honestly getting more hardcore guilds on twitch streaming and getting the game out there will bring the subs up. People not becoming bored and always on improving their character will improve subs. I hate this counter argument " Casuals will leave QQ "
    The game IS out there, don't know what the hell are you talking about. WoW is part of the pop culture for the past 6 years.

Seriously, unless this is some kind of a trollish joke post, can't figure out how away from reality one can really be.