Poll: How vital is PVP to an MMO?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBH I couldn't care less about PvP. Sure if it's there I might give it a try, in WoW I do the holiday BG achieves and I LOVED Hutt Ball in Swtor...

But if the word came down from On High that tomorrow "WoW 2.0" or any other AAA Mmo title was coming out and would have ZERO PvP, 100% focus on PvE, raids, dungeons, exploration and achievements, I would play that in SECONDS over a game that was 100% focused on PvP... Hell even 50% focused, as I would know that the 100% focused Devs would have more time/money/effort to focus on the parts of the game that I play.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    i would say its a matter of taste.

the games i had the most fun had a strong pvp part (DAoC, WAR, GW 2, SWtoR, Classic WoW and ,belive me or not, LotRO).

I don't like PvP, but it really is a necessity if you want a MMO to be played by many people. PvE content is the biggest thing, sure, but PvP is also damn important to keep the competetive people going.

Deleted
    I kinda only care about pvp in games where they have fully lootable player corpses. Makes it fun, especially if gear/money is hard to obtain in the game. Can't really imagine a good game coming out these days with those loot rules though, with so many people who would just straight up "exploit" the shit out of it.