Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] What movie(s) do you watch over and over again?

Keep in mind, I am ***NOT*** asking what your "Favorite" movies are!!! Instead, I'm asking what movies do you watch over and over again? Whether it's a comfort thing, just something that brings a smile to your face, whatever the deal may be; list your picks here!

For me, my #1 would have to be "Step Brothers". I'm sure I'm not alone in liking that movie, but I actually watch it almost every week. I guess it just hits all the right notes with me; really stupid humor, a few clever jokes weaved in, and a tiny bit of emotional weight. Good stuff!

Next for me is "Jurassic Park". I don't know why, but any time it rains, I have to watch it! I still hold it as the single greatest "Family movie" ever made, since it manages to appeal to people of all ages, without feeling like the walls are lined with bubble-wrap.

Another stupid comedy I love is "Black Dynamite". I don't watch it *quite* as often, and the ending never quite lived up to the rest of the movie for me, but it never fails to put a big grin on my face.

Finally, "The Chronicles of Riddick". This one really puzzles me, because when I first saw it, I thought it completely sucked. Yet, I've seen it so many times now that I've really warmed-up to it, even going so far as to say I actually *like* the movie now. So much so, in fact, that I got it as a gift last year, and I'll watch it pretty much any time I see it on.

So, what about you guys? What movie(s) do you find that you just *have* to watch again?

Deleted
    The Lord of the Rings.

I watch that every year.

Also Star Wars.

I always love to watch those atleast once a year with my bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    The Lord of the Rings.

I watch that every year.

Also Star Wars.

I always love to watch those atleast once a year with my bro.

these maybe twice a year. had to watch again cause of the hobbit

Old boy, Inception.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I watch the LotR and Harry Potter movies a few times every year, they're great movies of course, but I keep rewatching them because I enjoy the separate universes.

Apart from the 'traditional' choices which i watch every year, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, i have watched other movies wayyyyy too many times for whatever reason. "Sound of Music" every year at Christmas just became a favorite, and also "Gladiator" and "Braveheart". There are other lower profile movies i just find absolutely enjoyable and rewatch every once in a while, but those are the top ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings (all 3), The Matrix (only the first one though), Moulin Rouge, The Avengers, Thor, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

There's probably more, but these are theones I can think of off the top of my head.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    lotr trilogy
    episode 4,5,6 starwars
    total recall (the original)
    big trouble in little china
    matrix 1
    edit-Gladiator

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    The Matrix (only the first one though)
    same here. love the first one , not so much the other 2 although i will still watch them
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2012-12-29 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    these maybe twice a year. had to watch again cause of the hobbit
    Yeah. Unfortunately, I didn't watch any of those two because I am having problems with my TV...

It was a big frustation that I couldn't see LotR before watching The Hobbit.

;_;

Hellboy

And I guess what ever plays on tv the most when nothing else is on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

It was a big frustation that I couldn't see LotR before watching The Hobbit.

;_;
    i can say now that the Hobbit will be on my list. loved it

Good Will Hunting
    The Notebook
    Friends - once a year
    I don't know why, but these 3 beautiful things just got me, and i have to watch them over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i can say now that the Hobbit will be on my list. loved it
    Hahah yeah, anyway, docu's count too? if so: Wild Europe (ugh, that voice of Sean Pertwee, love it) or Wild Russia, The Secret Forest, I loved that, keep watching it on youtube. (wicked intro, *drools* from 0:40 till 1:05..)

Deleted
    My favourite movie, The Thing (1982). Never gets old for me. I can rewatch Aliens again and again too, and Sunshine and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Deleted
    For me i guess its the original Stargate movie i can never get enugh of it and i can rewatch the lotr movies over and over again.
    Iron Sky just gets better and better when i watch it.
    Star Trek First Contact its just awesome.
    Galaxy Quest
    The Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
    The Tremors movies i just love them.
    Transformers the Movie (the original one)
    District 9
    Blade
    Hot Shots! 2

Thats just a few of the movies i can rewatch a million times and never get bored of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    My favourite movie, The Thing (1982). Never gets old for me. I can rewatch Aliens again and again too, and Sunshine and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
    oh definitely Aliens (only the 2nd one!!) ive seen that sooo many time. it probably should have been first on my list

Interestingly enough, I only just saw Aliens for the first time last week (was too scared as a kid), and honestly, that's a fantastic movie as well! I mean, I know a lot of people love it already, but I had assumed it was nostalgia. Having seen Prometheus first was good, because Aliens was absolutely better in every single way. Except resolution, I guess :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    oh definitely Aliens (only the 2nd one!!) ive seen that sooo many time. it probably should have been first on my list
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Interestingly enough, I only just saw Aliens for the first time last week (was too scared as a kid), and honestly, that's a fantastic movie as well! I mean, I know a lot of people love it already, but I had assumed it was nostalgia. Having seen Prometheus first was good, because Aliens was absolutely better in every single way. Except resolution, I guess :P
    Yeah, it's a fantastic movie! The first one is really great, but it's just no where near as... fun! With Hudson, Sarge and the Marines banter, Ripley's awesome assault rifle-flamethrower of duct tapey doom, and, of course, fantastically tense scenes like the 'Sentry Guns' scene and subsequent 'Motion Tracker' scene.

I was too scared to watch any of the Alien franchise 'til I was at least a teenager myself, lol. I'm glad Prometheus didn't put you off checking out the older ones.

I've watched Inception 3 times now, each time getting more out of it. Truly a brilliant movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

lately the dark knight trilogy , hell I even fell asleep and it kept repeating for 8 hours