Page 1 of 2
LastLast

viability of sub with 2 swords?

title says it all. What do you guys think about sub using 2 swords?

It's not going to work. You'll be loosing lots of poison procces with it. And not sure you can backstab with a sword or can you?

Yeah, you're losing backstab and just depending on hemo

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    It's not going to work. You'll be loosing lots of poison procces with it. And not sure you can backstab with a sword or can you?
    Exactly, you can't use backstab unless you have a dagger in the main hand. As that's subs main combo point builder, it's not possible.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    It's morally unacceptable and you should feel ashamed for even entertaining the idea of using 2 swords instead of daggers! For shame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its about a 30% dps loss to use 2 swords as Sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    It's morally unacceptable and you should feel ashamed for even entertaining the idea of using 2 swords instead of daggers! For shame!
    I want to go back to the days when the main strength of sub was that hemo was not normalized and hit like a truck and was absolutely not a dagger spec...

i still can't get over the fact they took away double swords from us ;/

douchbags, take them daggers and stick'em.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    i still can't get over the fact they took away double swords from us ;/

douchbags, take them daggers and stick'em.
    Yeah... honestly that is the change I hate the most... even more than them making our dps trash at the start of several expansions or them gutting sub's interesting cata rotation for mop. I rolled rogue specifically to dual wield swords (in vanilla none of our warriors dual wielded swords because they all got stuck with a shield lol) or other non dagger weapons.

Agility Swords will continue to be a dying weapon class, no one else can benefit, shamans, monks etc. And fast non-dagger offhands are now a thing of the past, to reduce a weapon bloat.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/monk - One-Handed Swords

Which can lead to some really amusing transmog of a Panda running around with scissors. Quite droll.

Fist weapons seem more likely to rise since all 3 can make use of them though, unfortunate as that is from a taste perspective for some of us.

There are swords this tier?

Only one from lockboxes (if u're veeeeeeeeery lucky) and the one from headless horseman no longer obtainable

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue swords, transmog from the lei shi weapon. Offspecs~

Completely useless to us, of course. And to any serious monk.

Deleted
    How about dagger MH + sword/fist/mace OH ? Will it be too crippling? F.e. if I have an epic from LFR and blue dagger, which would be better in the offhand?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the full math handy, but the answer's still no. Borrowed a log from Ahdehl on Feng to check damage breakdowns in practice, and melee/SB (melee) totals ~24% with poisons at just under 20%. The DPS gain from 463->476 for less than 8% of your damage (OH melee, not MH) shouldn't* add up to more than the extra procs adding to that 20%.

Check with shadowcraft (if it's supported to use a slow OH) or simcraft if you really think it warrants the effort. At best you'd be breaking even.

hold on... there is no fast swords AT ALL now? is there any viable pvp build for slow-MH then?

was gonna re-sub for 5.2 but if I cannot use a sword, fuck this. this is actually big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    hold on... there is no fast swords AT ALL now? is there any viable pvp build for slow-MH then?

was gonna re-sub for 5.2 but if I cannot use a sword, fuck this. this is actually big for me.
    Fast swords died with cata, daggers are the only fast weapons left, mop itemization removed agility swords too (even the slow ones), now we got only shi**y fist weapons, no swords no axes, no maces...

5.2 they are removing the specific weapon type restriction from what i understand and instead making it based on one hand two hand and so on. So if i read that right that means i can turn my daggers into swords or fists into axes and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    Agility Swords will continue to be a dying weapon class, no one else can benefit, shamans, monks etc. And fast non-dagger offhands are now a thing of the past, to reduce a weapon bloat.
    They should just give 1hand swords to shamans and be done with it . Not sure if the OP means PvP or PvE tough. In PvP its viable in my opinion, i don't see much advantage to it outside the look tough. I miss dual wielding swords too.