Sennheiser PC350 /Sound Card/Amp

I purchased the Sennhesier PC350 headset (Link Here: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=29...%20Electronics I got them for 139.99)

Now I'v read that some people say you need a headphone amp to get a better affect for these. I'm fine with the onboard sound quality for the most part I guess, but I wanna get a sound card that has a headphone amp in it that I can get for below like 60$ or so. I already spent 250$ on boxing day and kind of need to save a bit.

I was looking at this here: ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=56...S&promoid=1033
    Its rated for 32-150ohms and sound quality isnt the biggest issue for me. The headphone amp is the main thing im looking for but an increase in sound quality will never hurt. If it means anything too my motherboard is the ASUS P7P55D (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...t_1156/P7P55D/ )

Im just looking for some advice on the card if someone else has the same headset/soundcard combo and if they work ok together. OR if theres better for around the same price in your opinion.

Thanks in advance

You could also use USB amplifiers.
    Either way, it should work much fine!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would really advise spending more on a sound card, the PC350 is a 150 Ohm headset, and only getting a 150 Ohm card is not going to do well, you will be pushing that card to it's limit, a 300 Ohm card will be much better, as it is more capable of handling 150 Ohms

the Xonar Xense is probably the best card for that headset, but you will have to look on ebay, otherwise, look at the Xonar STX

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i would really advise spending more on a sound card, the PC350 is a 150 Ohm headset, and only getting a 150 Ohm card is not going to do well, you will be pushing that card to it's limit, a 300 Ohm card will be much better, as it is more capable of handling 150 Ohms

the Xonar Xense is probably the best card for that headset, but you will have to look on ebay, otherwise, look at the Xonar STX
    Only problem with the STX is that its kind of out of my price range. around 190$ is a little much that I dont have.

I havent seen a USB amp before, any suggestions on ones that might be around the same price as the Xonar DSX/DGX? Or even another brand on sound card maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    Only problem with the STX is that its kind of out of my price range. around 190$ is a little much that I dont have.
    then i would save up for one, nobody says you have to have it today

as far as USB goes, there are not many DACs that are in the $60 pricerange that will support 150 Ohm headsets