Thread: Dark Intent

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Intent

Blue post from twitter or wherever.

Since mages arcane brilliance gives spell power and critical strike, why doesn't warlocks dark intent give a second buff?
    Because warlocks already have a second buff in Stamina.
    Lol really? Hire someone who has played a warlock at least once please.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Since mages arcane brilliance gives spell power and critical strike, why doesn't warlocks dark intent give a second buff?
    Technically, you do have a stamina buff if you choose (supposedly all three grimoire talents are "equal"). You also bring the spell damage debuff.

Deleted
    Mm.. what? Locks really can give stamina buff via imp. Not that anyone uses that pet but still, it's possible.

If your group really needs stam, you can bring it. So he's correct.

I wouldn't know about the strongest. But certainly one of the more diverse.

That comment was really not needed. You really that mad that dark intent doesn't bring crit yet you can bring the stam buff (if you really need it) and a spell damage debuff. This shouldn't even be a thread

Deleted
    I think the reason they gave before is the spell damage debuff, which is a better "excuse".
    I kinda like how it is, we are never asked to buff the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sausage View Post
    That comment was really not needed. You really that mad that dark intent doesn't bring crit yet you can bring the stam buff (if you really need it) and a spell damage debuff. This shouldn't even be a thread
    Tying a buff to a demon that will never be used in any situation ever is a pretty stupid idea. If they want to claim that we don't deserve a second effect because of that then fine, but no warlock is going to sacrifice 30-50% extra damage just to have an imp out. Its an incredibly stupid thought process.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sausage View Post
    Who uses imp? Exactly. Lets not pretend for the sake of argument.
    Mage casts both. Why not lock? Would it be OP and game changing? Nope, just QoL change.

Edit: It was the reason given by whoever answered that question which made me think they never played a warlock. If you are going to answer class question at least understand no one uses an imp with the current class mechanics in play.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2012-12-29 at 09:25 PM.

their response was alittle weak tbh. very rarely would a pve warlock use an imp unless the fight called for it(maybe 1 fight this tier, and thats if ur supremacy destro or demo) and everyone else wouldnt sacrifice the dps loss to get a stam buff

Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Mm.. what? Locks really can give stamina buff via imp. Not that anyone uses that pet but still, it's possible.
    Kinda like the various hunter pet raid buffs though, only avaiable if that pet is used.
    Yet unlike the hunter pets where using one pet over another in most cases is only a cosmetic or personal preference thing, as you can spec any pet to have the same abilities now. Well mostly the same abilities, still the unique ability for using that pet, corehounds get bloodlust. The warlock is losing a lot of ultity (and in some cases DPS) by using a different pet.

The difference between the imp (fel imp) and the fel hunter (observer) is a lot more noticable between say a bear and a wolf.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I kinda like how it is, we are never asked to buff the raid
    U so lazy Zum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock too stronk
    I would love DI to be a warlock buff that only affects 2 people or rework it.

Since mages arcane brilliance gives spell power and critical strike, why doesn't warlocks dark intent give a second buff? Because warlocks already have a second buff in Stamina.
    The actual reason is because Warlocks get Curse of the Elements. The fact that the Blue Post was unaware of this is a little disturbing.
    Last edited by Iry; 2012-12-29 at 10:16 PM.

GC on Arcane Brilliance / Dark Intent

since mages arcane brilliance gives spell power and critical strike, why doesn't warlocks dark intent give a second buff?
    Maybe some of y'all who are familiar with Twitter could respond to him on this. Mages giving both their buffs is fire-and-forget with no impact on dps, whereas for locks we have to use a sub-optimal pet (or even talent) to give spell power and stamina.

Or do my fellow Warlocks here think this is a fair argument from GC ?

edit/update:

Sorry, didn't notice the other thread already on the same topic. I did look, dunno how I missed it : /
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

edit/update:

Sorry, didn't notice the other thread already on the same topic. I did look, dunno how I missed it : /
    Don't worry, it happens. Merged threads, cause I'm ninja like that.

Maybe some of y'all who are familiar with Twitter could respond to him on this. Mages giving both their buffs is fire-and-forget with no impact on dps, whereas for locks we have to use a sub-optimal pet (or even talent) to give spell power and stamina.

Or do my fellow Warlocks here think this is a fair argument from GC ?
    Remind me again what debuffs a mage brings?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Remind me again what debuffs a mage brings?
    Well, we could look at buffs/debuffs combined, couldn't we ?

Warlocks - Spell Power (fire and forget), Stamina (fire and forget, but requires personal dps loss), Magic Vulnerability (basically fire and forget, but mutually exclusive with Cast Time Slow), Cast Time Slow (basically fire and forget, but mutually exclusive with Magic Vulnerability)

Mages - Spell Power (fire and forget), Crit (fire and forget), Time Warp / Blood Lust. (I don't play a Mage so if I'm missing anything, someone please chime in)

So, Warlocks have access to more total buff/debuff utility, but with only one purely fire-and-forget / no mutual-exclusivity issues. Mages have two pure fire-and-forget options, no personal dps loss and no matters of mutual exclusivity.

Is this balanced ? I have a hard time arguing it's imbalanced enough to warrant a change, but I don't think you can find a Warlock who wouldn't want to swap what buffs/debuffs Mages/Warlocks bring, if it's so balanced and all that what would be the problem in just swapping. And I don't think you could find a Mage who would be willing to swap.

Of course my last points there are opinions/speculation, but, well ... let's see. Let's see if any Warlocks here would rather keep it as-is rather than swap with Mages. And maybe we'll see some Mages in here and they can chime in on whether they'd mind a swap.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Well, we could look at buffs/debuffs combined, couldn't we ?

Warlocks - Spell Power (fire and forget), Stamina (fire and forget, but requires personal dps loss), Magic Vulnerability (basically fire and forget, but mutually exclusive with Cast Time Slow), Cast Time Slow (basically fire and forget, but mutually exclusive with Magic Vulnerability)

Mages - Spell Power (fire and forget), Crit (fire and forget), Time Warp / Blood Lust. (I don't play a Mage so if I'm missing anything, someone please chime in)

So, Warlocks have access to more total buff/debuff utility, but with only one purely fire-and-forget / no mutual-exclusivity issues. Mages have two pure fire-and-forget options, no personal dps loss and no matters of mutual exclusivity.

Is this balanced ? I have a hard time arguing it's imbalanced enough to warrant a change, but I don't think you can find a Warlock who wouldn't want to swap what buffs/debuffs Mages/Warlocks bring, if it's so balanced and all that what would be the problem in just swapping. And I don't think you could find a Mage who would be willing to swap.

Of course my last points there are opinions/speculation, but, well ... let's see. Let's see if any Warlocks here would rather keep it as-is rather than swap with Mages. And maybe we'll see some Mages in here and they can chime in on whether they'd mind a swap.
    So it's fair you just want the toys someone else has.

Deleted
    Who cares? If you raid you most likely got the crit from either a hunter or a mage, if you don't... meh!