Thread: Dark Intent

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    This seems really stupid, is anyone here honestly being sat because you "only" bring 10% SP and 5% spell damage debuff? I won't even count stam because that's a bit of a joke.

    Dunno where the mage inferiority complex is coming from. I'd much rather have the 5% spell debuff since you're pretty likely to have a crit buff. Other than us only one hunter pet and rogues bring that debuff. Between our dps and great utility (gateway, healthstone, battle rez) I don't understand why people think we need more...

    I guess even when you're in a good spot people will find something to whine about...
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    None, not sure you can even slow bosses. It comes in handy on adds though, where you have to make the choice between slowing them or getting the extra damage. Will of the Emperor and TSulong come to mind. I've found that in the environment I play in slowing them usually is preferable, to give people more time to switch to them and get damage going. It's still at the cost of personal DPS, but I prefer that over not getting through the encounter.
    For add fights where there is no other slow it is one GCD per cast, anyway I was talking bosses not adds.

  3. #63
    While that tweet was a little dumb, no one has imp out and no one expects any other class to sacrifice dps for a buff in this expansion, it really is a non-issue and I am baffled why others are upset. Crit is a pretty common buff whereas the 5% magic debuff is pretty rare, I wont even count the hunter pet as providing it because it has like a 35 sec cd on its application so if you target switch frequently it will have a horrible uptime. Warlocks bring a ton of in-fight utility with gateways and healthstones, plus lock summons are pretty big with hgwt gone.

    Don't understand how people can be upset with our utility.

  4. #64
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,220
    I would love if all pets had different buffs to bring.
    Please give my felguard -> demonic empowerment <- your new bloodlust bot.

  5. #65
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    Crit is a pretty common buff whereas the 5% magic debuff is pretty rare, I wont even count the hunter pet as providing it because it has like a 35 sec cd on its application so if you target switch frequently it will have a horrible uptime.
    Pretty sure that the hunter one has 100% uptime, the only reason it's not longer is so you can't just buff the whole raid by swapping pets.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Pretty sure that the hunter one has 100% uptime, the only reason it's not longer is so you can't just buff the whole raid by swapping pets.
    It does if you never switch targets. Pretty sure it is a 45 sec duration ability with a 30 second cd. If you are switching targets frequently, or even infrequently with a poorly timed autocast of the ability, you can go 20-30 seconds without the buff on your new target. Can cost your raid a lot of damage. It is fine if that is the best your raid comp can manage but in comparison to warlocks and rogues it isn't that great.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Pretty sure that the hunter one has 100% uptime, the only reason it's not longer is so you can't just buff the whole raid by swapping pets.
    He means the magic debuff. You don't buff the raid with that but debuff individual mobs. The crit is 100% uptime on the hunter pet however.

  8. #68
    im fairly sure that most locks, if not all, would gladly sacrifice the imp's stam buff for say +5% spellhaste added to dark intent, considering how often the imp is even used and from a pve point of view, i would gladly sacrifice curse of enfeeblement too, since i have no use for that in pve.

  9. #69
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,567
    Does Curse of elements count?
    Lock: Spellpower+Spell dmg taken
    Mage: Spellpower+Crit

    I would've used that as "because we bring" rather than imp that no one uses ever. Besides warrior/priest(or hunter with pet?) in raid more common than lock with imp out.

    Still, pretty "stupid" argument.

    Edit: But what can we expect, they dont want to admit imp has been pretty useless for almost 2 expansions (unless you count toc which was kinda destro+imp tier). They live in different world than theorycrafters or well, normal raiders, I suppose. Magical land where locks bring imp for stamina and lose dps. But hey, stamina! "Choice to lose dps but survive more is balanced amirite"
    Last edited by Iceleaf; 2012-12-31 at 03:16 AM.
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    Tying a buff to a demon that will never be used in any situation ever is a pretty stupid idea. If they want to claim that we don't deserve a second effect because of that then fine, but no warlock is going to sacrifice 30-50% extra damage just to have an imp out. Its an incredibly stupid thought process.
    What are you talking about?
    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Pets_...struction.html
    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Pets_...emonology.html
    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Pets_...ffliction.html
    30%-50%?
    With the nerf to GoSac the difference for Aflli should be smaller, in patch 5.2.
    By the way, Warlock is not the only class that have only one true buff.
    Also BM hunter also face which the same problem of bring different pet out as well.
    Incredibly stupid thought process? I pity the devs, I guess player knows "best", right?
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-01 at 06:20 AM.

  11. #71
    Mages:
    - 10% SP + 5% Crit, Buff
    - Timewarp, BL
    - Table, Raid utility
    - Decurse, Raid utility
    - Polymorph, CC
    - Portals, General utility

    Warlocks:
    - 10% SP, Buff
    - 5% Magical Damage increase / 10% Physical damage reduce + 50% increased cast time, Debuff
    - 10% Stam + Purge, Buff / utility
    - Banish, CC
    - Fear, CC
    - Healthstones, Raid utility (only possible class to provide)
    - Soulstone, CR
    - Gateway, Raid utility
    - Summon, General utility
    - Underwater breathing (+ Water Walking), "utility"

    I can't see a problem ^^

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    If you were in a group with a lock, but no mage, hunter or feral druid, I would be shocked.
    Don't forget WW monks.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivno View Post
    Mages:
    - 10% SP + 5% Crit, Buff
    - Timewarp, BL
    - Table, Raid utility
    - Decurse, Raid utility
    - Polymorph, CC
    - Portals, General utility

    Warlocks:
    - 10% SP, Buff
    - 5% Magical Damage increase / 10% Physical damage reduce + 50% increased cast time, Debuff
    - 10% Stam + Purge, Buff / utility
    - Banish, CC
    - Fear, CC
    - Healthstones, Raid utility (only possible class to provide)
    - Soulstone, CR
    - Gateway, Raid utility
    - Summon, General utility
    - Underwater breathing (+ Water Walking), "utility"

    I can't see a problem ^^
    well by that account you forgot to mention things like:

    spellsteal
    counterspell
    slowfall

    could even mention blink and ice block as well. sure these arent used much but then again, i havent used fear, banish, underwater breathing or stam buff in a raid ever in MoP. fact of the matter is, the 5% spellhaste buff is the least found buff of all, and could easily be added to 2 more classes to put it in line with the other buffs, and it makes sense to me to add it to dark intent since it added haste in the past.

  14. #74
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    271
    I think it's better to look at it from the other perspective, would mages sacrifice 5% crit for a 5% damage buff to all their damaging abilitys in a solo environment?? I know I would!!!

  15. #75
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    +1 for Spell haste.
    Sometimes it sucks when you don't have proper raidcomp (either when smb is missing and you have to sacrifice for example spell haste for AS).

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well by that account you forgot to mention things like:

    spellsteal
    counterspell
    slowfall

    could even mention blink and ice block as well. sure these arent used much but then again, i havent used fear, banish, underwater breathing or stam buff in a raid ever in MoP. fact of the matter is, the 5% spellhaste buff is the least found buff of all, and could easily be added to 2 more classes to put it in line with the other buffs, and it makes sense to me to add it to dark intent since it added haste in the past.
    Spell Haste is given by 4 classes. Spell damage taken is given by 3 classes. Your argument is invalid. If anything warlocks should never be able to give haste as it would just solidify their place in raids even more so over mages.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Spell Haste is given by 4 classes. Spell damage taken is given by 3 classes. Your argument is invalid. If anything warlocks should never be able to give haste as it would just solidify their place in raids even more so over mages.
    Spell haste is given by 3 specs and hunter pets. (Boomkin, Elemental, and Shadow)

    Spell damage taken is given by 6 specs and hunter pets. (Aff, Demo, Destro, Assassination, Combat, Subtlety)

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Spell haste is given by 3 specs and hunter pets. (Boomkin, Elemental, and Shadow)

    Spell damage taken is given by 6 specs and hunter pets. (Aff, Demo, Destro, Assassination, Combat, Subtlety)
    Yeah still seeing 4 classes versus 3. That is unless due to some technical limitation you aren't able to have a second spec.

  19. #79
    the arguement of 4 classes is sorta void, since its from a sporebat that ive yet to see any hunter bring to a raid, its the same situation as with the stam buff from imp, there is absolutely no reason to use the imp or sporebat since the sporebat does nothing for the hunter itself, they will focus on pets that bring crit, mastery or BL, just like locks wont use imps since it is a staight dps nerf for us, so in short, can hunters bring the spellhaste buff? yes, will they bring it? hell no.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    the arguement of 4 classes is sorta void, since its from a sporebat that ive yet to see any hunter bring to a raid, its the same situation as with the stam buff from imp, there is absolutely no reason to use the imp or sporebat since the sporebat does nothing for the hunter itself, they will focus on pets that bring crit, mastery or BL, just like locks wont use imps since it is a staight dps nerf for us, so in short, can hunters bring the spellhaste buff? yes, will they bring it? hell no.
    Any smart hunter with a raidleader that has a clue would already have all the buffs they need covered and would gladly run with a sporebat if it would benefit the raid. Don't assume every player is selfish when it comes to personal dps over raid dps just because you would be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •