Thread: Dark Intent

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not sure it's fair to include Timewarp, that's more a raid cooldown type thing then a fixed buff/debuff. And if we're including spec specific things, like for Arcane, we might also take into account that Affliction has Curse of Exhaustion, which, while not a buff/debuff type spell, is at least mutually exclusive with the other curses, diminishing the usefulness of the other Curses when we need to use CoEx.

On the whole I think I'd rather have Curse of the Elements + DI then I would like to have Arcane Brilliance. (if we are going by basic buffs/debuffs)

What boss do you use CoEX on?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post
    Why even compare warlocks and mages? Warlocks are fine and I don't think anyone is seriously saying that they are underpowered and unwanted in pvp or pve. Easily one of the most unique and underplayed but powerful classes in the game. I don't know why you would want to change that.
    I started this thread because whoever at blizzard answered that question is a retard. Not because I want what mages have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What boss do you use CoEX on?
    None, not sure you can even slow bosses. It comes in handy on adds though, where you have to make the choice between slowing them or getting the extra damage. Will of the Emperor and TSulong come to mind. I've found that in the environment I play in slowing them usually is preferable, to give people more time to switch to them and get damage going. It's still at the cost of personal DPS, but I prefer that over not getting through the encounter.

Deleted
    And on Protectors HM, Sha of Fear HM too (with Soulburn).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Mm.. what? Locks really can give stamina buff via imp. Not that anyone uses that pet but still, it's possible.
    It's the most chosen pet if you're not playing demonology, simply because it's ranged and because pets are used on multidotting fights where GoSac would have very little benefit and the pet would be swapping targets often, hence ranged > melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This depends on whether one considers Stamina worthless, but GC himself put it on equal footing with the crit buff. Perhaps even more considering he seems fine with us using a sub-optimal pet to bring that buff.

Now, admittedly, in reality it's only 2% over using a scroll, so it's not very much at all, but it is part of the total package.

And if we traded one of our buffs/debuffs to our pet, that leaves us still in the dilemma of having to sacrifice personal dps to bring all our buffs, which mages do not have to do. Don't get me wrong, I still maintain it's fair "enough" -- but I don't see how anyone can argue that it's not preferable to not have to sacrifice personal dps (either with a sub-optimal talent or sub-optimal pet) to bring all your buffs/debuffs.

There'd still be disparity but it would at least be more palatable to me (as in, less "fair enough" and more just "fair") if we had a wider range of buffs we could sacrifice personal dps for. Maybe if we could choose between magic vulnerability or spell haste since those are both brought by very few sources.
    Locks have 2 buffs without their pet and mages have 2 buffs. It's as fair as it can be there really is nothing that needs to be done to make it fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyhymnia View Post
    Warlock too stronk
    I would love DI to be a warlock buff that only affects 2 people or rework it.
    I loved the old version of DI.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Locks have 2 buffs without their pet and mages have 2 buffs. It's as fair as it can be there really is nothing that needs to be done to make it fair.
    I've maintained this whole time that it's "fair enough" that it doesn't warrant change. But I think it could be more fair, if we could, with mutual-exclusivity, bring spell haste or magic vulnerability, even if it meant tying them to different pets (perhaps with Sacrifice imparting the lost buff).

But in any event, I think we've made both our underlying points clear. I don't think anything needs to change, but I think there is room to do so without upsetting balance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I loved the old version of DI.
    I hated it. At one point our 25-players had three shadowpriests and one warlock (me). It sucked, big time, having to piss off two players in my guild every raid night.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    For some reason I was a little bit annoyed by that as well. Adding it all together we have two buffs (Spellpower and Stamina) and one debuff (CoE) on top of additional utility in a shitload of fights (CoEx, AoE-Stun/AoE-Fear, Banish, 60s Insignia), I don't think that we really need to provide Crit on top of all that. Especially with the removal of CoE from Moonkins the debuffs seems rather needed, as we are the only class that can provide it with 100% uptime for 5 minutes (both Lightning Breath as well as Master Poisoner drop off after I think 15s). Also keep in mind that Stamina is the least important of all the Raidbuffs. It does not increase your damage, if you fail and stand in something bad you are probably dead one way or another (at least on heroic that is) and if you really need it for your tanks, there is a scroll for it.

I guess I don't like Arcane Brilliance giving Crit because it literally is the same buff as our Dark Intent BUT with Crit on top of it. IF they were two buttons (and they had to press to buttons everytime they buff) I would be completely fine with it. This sounds like a stupid reason, but.... I don't know, it feels "cheap".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've maintained this whole time that it's "fair enough" that it doesn't warrant change. But I think it could be more fair, if we could, with mutual-exclusivity, bring spell haste or magic vulnerability, even if it meant tying them to different pets (perhaps with Sacrifice imparting the lost buff).

But in any event, I think we've made both our underlying points clear. I don't think anything needs to change, but I think there is room to do so without upsetting balance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 03:08 AM ----------

I hated it. At one point our 25-players had three shadowpriests and one warlock (me). It sucked, big time, having to piss off two players in my guild every raid night.
    You gave it to whoever it would benefit most. If it was close, rotate. But it was better than the piece of shit we have now.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    If you were in a group with a lock, but no mage, hunter or feral druid, I would be shocked.
    Been there, done that.

Would you like a link to our Heroic Zor'lok 10 without 5% crit buff?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:45 AM ----------

And if we traded one of our buffs/debuffs to our pet, that leaves us still in the dilemma of having to sacrifice personal dps to bring all our buffs, which mages do not have to do. Don't get me wrong, I still maintain it's fair "enough" -- but I don't see how anyone can argue that it's not preferable to not have to sacrifice personal dps (either with a sub-optimal talent or sub-optimal pet) to bring all your buffs/debuffs.
    In theory, pets are supposed to be almost the same for DPS, partly due to the Fel Energy system. It's not perfect though, of course, but I'd say that losing or gaining a buff (presumably) would benefit even the warlock (ignoring the raid) way more than the different pet.

In fact that would actually be a solution to the buff situation, have the warlock act as a weaker version of a hunter with several, mainly spell-based buffs, that he could bring by switching pets. Felhunter could provide spell haste, say. Voidwalker could provide mastery (or the likes), etc.

Felguard already brings Mortal Strike, which is sometimes forgotten in PvE but not entirely useless if I remember (not sure if it works on bosses, and can't immediately think of a boss which is actually supposed to get a heal off).

And I also forgot, warlocks bring soulstone, which mages do not. I'd still call bloodlust a "buff" though, since it directly contributes DPS and healing to an encounter and is always there.

The dark intent is useless these days.. i mean what is the chances not to have a mage in the raid? ther eis more mages than warlocks in this game .... kind-a liked it old way... whn we give 3 % haste to someone and we get the same
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

I think we should be able to get spell crit or spell haste attached to DI, no1 uses imp, ever. Ever. So many people cry about locks, hunters can bring every single buff or debuff into a raid, including on top of that a blood lust/hero.

Warlocks should provide SP+Spell Haste. Haste is way to rare as it is. My 10man group rarely has both melee attack speed and spell haste, so our hunter is forced to pet twist mid fight to provide both. Sometimes we'll have an Ele, but there's been quite a few nights recently where we don't have our Ele shaman and are stuck with either the hunter pet twisting or not getting one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Warlocks should provide SP+Spell Haste. Haste is way to rare as it is. My 10man group rarely has both melee attack speed and spell haste, so our hunter is forced to pet twist mid fight to provide both. Sometimes we'll have an Ele, but there's been quite a few nights recently where we don't have our Ele shaman and are stuck with either the hunter pet twisting or not getting one at all.
    This exactly. The stamina buff is not used, because it is only provided by the imp (and I don't know of any lock playing with one). GC might have been right if all pets provided that, maybe, but again most likely not. And as far as CoE is concerned I'd rather have it as a passive ability, whenever I hit something (yes lazy :P). Dark intent as it is now is only a self buff when questing or a group buff in dungeons at best. Besides who doesn't bring a mage in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You gave it to whoever it would benefit most. If it was close, rotate. But it was better than the piece of shit we have now.
    This is what I did. Still was extremely frustrating for whichever spriests didn't get it on a given night. I'm not in a hardcore guild that min/maxes for every possible last bit of dps, where it would be only natural to give it to the best of them 100% of the time.

I agree it was more innovative / less boring, but it was too much drama. It's why they changed it, even after nerfing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Going to have to agree with brusalk, sp+haste would be better over sp+crit.

Deleted
    The fact that Arcance brilliance overwrites DI is daft, if cast it shouldnt overwrite DI just apply crit. Its just confusing. though I fully agree DI should be spell + haste and if AB is cast you get SP + Haste + Crit which would be the best opton of all.

as for Warlocks bring stam... who uses imps these days? Destro do but thats just one spec out of 3 - all 3 classes of Mage can cast AB

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Going to have to agree with brusalk, sp+haste would be better over sp+crit.
    Then we'd have Spell Power, Spell Haste, Magic Vulnerability, and Stam ... which I think would be a bit much. Maybe if they made it so we could apply *either* Magic Vulnerability (or Cast time slow / Weakened Blows, of course) to mobs or Spell Haste to our group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace Stam with Haste and have all pets provide it. Alternately, go the Hunter way and have different pets provide different buffs if they really want diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Replace Stam with Haste and have all pets provide it. Alternately, go the Hunter way and have different pets provide different buffs if they really want diversity.
    Then locks would just bitch that unlike hunters they don't have to bring their pet and are now forced to.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-31 at 02:14 AM.