Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    11

    Lightbulb Why not Rain of Arrows? (Volley) *SPELL*

    I mean WOW had "Volley" at LICH KING, in my opinion that was OP in general they could take it back with LOWER Damage (in Lich King was Op overpower...) And they could bring that spell Back but without Channeling because Hunter needs Mobility and that s why i believe they (Blizzard) took it out and if they put back it could take a Slow also or some Overtime Damage... , Rain of Arrow it's a typical at ALL MMO games, i read at some Forums that one of the reasons they probably took it out was because you can't Cast that spell if you have a GUN OR CROSSBOW (I mean a gun need powder not arrows...) <----- that's what i saw at some forums...
    Last edited by Frip; 2012-12-29 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Non-sense Frases :)

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Serpent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,865
    because Hunter needs Mobility
    Hunters don't need mobility. Most mobile class at the moment.

    I mean a gun need powder not arrows
    If you're going to compare the two, a gun would need *bullets*. The original argument was that it doesn't make sense for a crossbow - even less so for a gun - to shoot projectiles up into the air, only to have them fall down shortly after.

    Would love to see it back though, not as a replacement to multi-shot but possibly as an AoE supplement for MM (instant cast, a la Death and Decay).

    Also, there's a thread up about this already.

  3. #3
    As they've (Blizzard) said a million times - Volley is an uninteresting spell and the niche is well filled with Multi-shot.

    If it did something different than just damage, maybe. But channel-and-win isn't a fun way of playing.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  4. #4
    volley was boring, the multishot design is much better

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    As they've (Blizzard) said a million times - Volley is an uninteresting spell and the niche is well filled with Multi-shot.

    If it did something different than just damage, maybe. But channel-and-win isn't a fun way of playing.
    How about make it similar to Rain of Fire? Pop it in a location, instant cast, arrows fall for a certain duration.

  6. #6
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    11
    Yes that's what i m talking about, it shouldn't replace MULTISHOT and it has to be WORSE than MS too...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:16 PM ----------

    Yeah i don t think you should use that for a AWESOME DPS but maybe it will proc something and i don't think it's boring...

  7. #7
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    How about make it similar to Rain of Fire? Pop it in a location, instant cast, arrows fall for a certain duration.
    whis would be awesome

  8. #8
    The horde mobs at Domination point have Volley, when you do the storming the beach quest. How come they get it if it doesn't make sense for the class - I even think they have guns.

  9. #9
    Reroll a mage and spam Blizzard.

  10. #10
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,398
    They removed it because having abilities which are place & stand channelling are just stupid. Volley has no use for Hunters, you have Multi-shot now. Not to mention an insane amount of mobility with virtually ZERO dps loss for moving (compared to other ranged).

  11. #11
    It'd be nice to have at least 1 ability that hits an area without requiring a target to be there.

    I may be being stupid here and missing or forgetting about something, but as an example, what ability do Hunters have to use against Lei Shi during Hide right now?
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2012-12-30 at 12:35 AM. Reason: *It'd, not I'd

  12. #12
    Because channeled ground AOE is boring as hell and reskinning Warlock spells is also boring as hell
    All this would do would make your AOE damage worse because Multi-shot would be nerfed to compensate for the increased damage and you would lose DPS if the adds moved out of a small area

  13. #13
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    11
    I know that channeling sucks and we already have MULTISHOT but i already sad that Rain of Arrows CAN'T be better than Multishot and it can't be channeling...

  14. #14
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    I know that channeling sucks and we already have MULTISHOT but i already sad that Rain of Arrows CAN'T be better than Multishot and it can't be channeling...
    why not better than multi shot?

    why not make multishot apply SS like SV in all specs?

  15. #15
    As a moonkin (i'm bored and roaming the forums) i can't tell you how much I envy multi-shot. I HATE hurricane. We have some more problems other than stationary hurricane (eclipse and nature's grace aren't cycled while we channel hurricane) but it sucks when the tank has to reposition mobs, or heaven forbid, kite them. IT SUCKS. I don't understand why hunters want volley back. I've been trying to make posts about getting something similar to multi-shot (shrooms applying dots or something) but ya.. don't understand :P be happy with multi-shot.

  16. #16
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    As a moonkin (i'm bored and roaming the forums) i can't tell you how much I envy multi-shot. I HATE hurricane. We have some more problems other than stationary hurricane (eclipse and nature's grace aren't cycled while we channel hurricane) but it sucks when the tank has to reposition mobs, or heaven forbid, kite them. IT SUCKS. I don't understand why hunters want volley back. I've been trying to make posts about getting something similar to multi-shot (shrooms applying dots or something) but ya.. don't understand :P be happy with multi-shot.
    I think Multi-Shot should apply a DoT to make it more competitive and make it a more aoe feel like selecting on the ground where to rain the arrows.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    volley was boring, the multishot design is much better
    Except you have to have a target for multishot whereas volley can be cast anytime to root out stealth, ect. It was also the only spell that we could cast in melee before they removed min range.

    I never understood the argument that it was boring. Like casting arcane shot is so exciting that we keep it but another shot is boring. Im pretty sure it was removed because they couldnt think of a good way to make it work with focus. An instant, 1 shot AOE would work fine. It would be like multi but you could shoot anywhere.

  18. #18
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    why not better than multi shot?

    why not make multishot apply SS like SV in all specs?
    Well or they could transfer like Multishot ONLY APLLIES SERPENT STING and Rain of Arrows be your primary AOE fight like multishot is...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Except you have to have a target for multishot whereas volley can be cast anytime to root out stealth, ect. It was also the only spell that we could cast in melee before they removed min range.

    I never understood the argument that it was boring. Like casting arcane shot is so exciting that we keep it but another shot is boring. Im pretty sure it was removed because they couldnt think of a good way to make it work with focus. An instant, 1 shot AOE would work fine. It would be like multi but you could shoot anywhere.
    I dont understand that too i prefer a million times that skin... (rain of arrows)
    Last edited by Frip; 2012-12-30 at 03:41 PM.

  19. #19
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    Well or they could transfer like Multishot ONLY APLLIES SERPENT STING and Rain of Arrows be your primary AOE fight like multishot is...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:38 PM ----------



    I dont understand that too i prefer a million times that skin... (rain of arrows)
    yeah could work.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome warex00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Hunters don't need mobility. Most mobile class at the moment.


    If you're going to compare the two, a gun would need *bullets*. The original argument was that it doesn't make sense for a crossbow - even less so for a gun - to shoot projectiles up into the air, only to have them fall down shortly after.

    Would love to see it back though, not as a replacement to multi-shot but possibly as an AoE supplement for MM (instant cast, a la Death and Decay).

    Also, there's a thread up about this already.
    Totally agree! Just forgot about volley, and now I remember it again Damn you blizzard!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •