Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Oh, these expressions:
    "one shot" =/= "I didn't like how much damage someone did to me"
    "ninja" =/= "I didn't like how someone rolled against me"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  2. #22
    Pit Lord gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Start making sense. In your first post, you say you're getting one shotted by 150k crit -- which isn't possible.

    Then in this post you're saying you're getting one shot with a single 400k damage burst (which goes against your first post), then in the next sentence you're saying it's not a 400k hit, it's 150k arcane barrages and 80k frost bombs.

    It's things like this that make me feel sorry for Ghostcrawler.

    Ill never feel bad for a millionaire whos job is basically to ignore the public and do w/e the fuck he wants...

  3. #23
    He means arcane blast obviously, the stacking cast. Think through it, each arcane spell is named practically the same and I doubt the OP got it right.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Ill never feel bad for a millionaire whos job is basically to ignore the public and do w/e the fuck he wants...
    I understand you're not being objective here, but do you really think that the average player knows what's best for the game? Do you think they can be objective about things such as the state of the game, their class, etc?

    By no means am I saying that he's doing a perfect job, but come on.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    They should ban double healer, all it proves is that some people have time over skill to play pvp, comps like this are just too sad, its quite hard to counter, i always though pvp was about outplaying your opponent and not pveing em down, the stupid specs and comps i see are the main reason i hardly enjoy pvp that and my epic 40k chaos bolt crits that are obviously op.
    ban a comp that you cant counter, seems a viable way to kill the game. wise up.
    ontopic, pretty much been covered, interupt/los - yes double healer sucks hard.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    First of all, I want you to quote me, where I say I'm getting one shot by a 150k crit.
    Secondly, I'm using the "one shot" expression, as many others use, to talk about a death that happens, literally, in a blink of an eye. Yea very uncommon right? Please what are you 6?
    And lastly, 400k in a single burst. What's so hard about this to understand? It's a combo of spells that deal massive amount of damage in a very small time span, 1 to 2 seconds making it unhealable.

    I seriously don't know what's so hard to understand about my post. Yes I didn't specify all the details because this post was made between two arena matches, against the same team. The second time the burst happened, which we were somehow expecting but still couldn't avoid it due to certain circumstances, we decided to give a look at the death log to see what exactly was hitting us so hard.

    So, if you're just here to make yourself look like an ass, please refrain from posting and go somewhere else.

    Thanks.
    No, I posted hoping that you would start making sense. Because even in this latest post you're still contradictory and not making sense! You say "400k in a single burst", then right after that describe that "single burst" as a "combo of spells".

    You've lost your audience.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Ill never feel bad for a millionaire whos job is basically to ignore the public and do w/e the fuck he wants...
    He talks an awful lot with the public. Money doesn't matter, because no matter how much you get paid, I would go insane if I had to talk to the amount of idiots he has to in a day. I couldn't enjoy my millions.

  7. #27
    Pit Lord gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    No, I posted hoping that you would start making sense. Because even in this latest post you're still contradictory and not making sense! You say "400k in a single burst", then right after that describe that "single burst" as a "combo of spells".

    You've lost your audience.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:56 PM ----------



    He talks an awful lot with the public. Money doesn't matter, because no matter how much you get paid, I would go insane if I had to talk to the amount of idiots he has to in a day. I couldn't enjoy my millions.
    No he talks TO the public, not WITH. Theres a difference. Thats why he does w/e he wants and barely ever listens to feedback from top end raiders/pvpers...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    No he talks TO the public, not WITH. Theres a difference. Thats why he does w/e he wants and barely ever listens to feedback from top end raiders/pvpers...
    And how are you gauging the fact that he isn't? I'm quite curious. Is it because you're dissatisfied that he's not listening?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    He's a mage, he probably CC'd two of them with ease leaving a few other CC on backup because mages have like 57. But mages aren't OP guys its warriors... Yeah, uh huh.
    What 57 ccs you repulsive disappointment?

    Also, 150k? That's FAR away from being one shotted, and you must have really bad gear to get critted like that.(talking to OP )

  10. #30
    If the OP is really running arenas with 150k hp, then his problem is with more than just mages lol.

  11. #31
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If the OP is really running arenas with 150k hp, then his problem is with more than just mages lol.
    Probably however I'm going to go on a limb here and say hes full of S like I'm in fuil malevolent with the exception of few pieces and I have never ever been hit THAT hard by a mage unless he or she was in berserking or in temple K

    Like even my CB can't even hit that hard without berserking haha

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    To all the people who say interrupt the Mage:

    What about PoM, BoP and Aura Mastery? The OP said it was a Mage and TWO Paladins. If the Mage has BOP + Aura Mastery, nothing can stop him from casting. You have to LoS at that point. But let's not forget there are two damn Paladins. That means two stuns, two repentences and two AoE blinds. Yes, they share DR. You can't always easily LoS the Mage at that point however.

    I'm not saying it's impossible to fight against Arcane/Holy/Holy, but it's definitely trickier than most of you think. This is, of course, against an Arcane/Holy/Holy setup that knows how to play.
    Ugh BoP protects against physical interrupts and physical damage. Devotion Aura (old Aura Mastery) provides silence immunity. Thus magical abilities that stun or knockback should still work.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Well you need to stop it, because its not a one-shot. MAYBE you got globaled, but I doubt it.

    Apples and oranges...

    And it looks like you edited your first post... otherwise where would I get the 150k number?
    The title maybe?
    do what you feel.

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Grievuuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ringsted, Denmark.
    Posts
    1,477
    OP is a dumbass, let's all agree to that. Though he's right about arcane being a little crazy at the moment, racking up debuffs pretty easily then dropping a target in a few globals.

    Doesn't work past 1800 though, as it's not that hard to avoid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Umm, skinny guys with abs are like a fat girl with big boobs. It don't really count.

  15. #35
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    OP is a dumbass, let's all agree to that. Though he's right about arcane being a little crazy at the moment, racking up debuffs pretty easily then dropping a target in a few globals.

    Doesn't work past 1800 though, as it's not that hard to avoid.
    I have never seen a single arcane in a BG =/ let alone in low arena haha like they can hit that hard? Surprise to me every single mage that I've faced has been either fire or frost

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Guy just spams Arcane Explosion and then oneshots any one of us.
    I don't think it counts as a "oneshot" if it involves multiple casts.

  17. #37
    Mechagnome Nightbliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't think it counts as a "oneshot" if it involves multiple casts.
    It doesn't involve any casts. Hence the one shot wording otherwise it would be easily countered. I already told what abilities were used so you can see he didn't cast anything. And if he uses PoM he can insta Arcane Blast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Well you need to stop it, because its not a one-shot. MAYBE you got globaled, but I doubt it.

    Apples and oranges...

    And it looks like you edited your first post... otherwise where would I get the 150k number?
    I didn't edit the first post, if you edit there's a message under it saying it was edited AS YOU CAN SEE RIGHT NOW BELOW THIS MESSAGE. You got the 150k number from the title, like the other db that came here to flame but nice try.

    And the fact that you and the other db are focusing on my wording just shows what you're here to do. So have a nice day and gtfo.

    To the rest, man you should start reading more than the title.
    I have 63% PvP Resiliance as a Resto Shaman and 460k hp so no I don't have 150k hp and yes I got crited by 144k by a mage following other high crits with frost bomb and arcane barrage.
    Last edited by Nightbliss; 2012-12-30 at 08:08 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    It doesn't involve any casts. Hence the one shot wording otherwise it would be easily countered. I already told what abilities were used so you can see he didn't cast anything. And if he uses PoM he can insta Arcane Blast.
    So...again, would you mind explaining the setup? Or is it literally him running in on his mount, pressing one button, and you instantly dying? Because if it's not, and it isn't, you can prevent it from happening.

    I didn't edit the first post, if you edit there's a message under it saying it was edited AS YOU CAN SEE RIGHT NOW BELOW THIS MESSAGE. You got the 150k number from the title, like the other db that came here to flame but nice try.
    I hear insulting people is a great way to connect with your audience.

    And the fact that you and the other db are focusing on my wording just shows what you're here to do. So have a nice day and gtfo.
    I hear insulting people is a great way to connect with your audience.

    To the rest, man you should start reading more than the title.
    For what? So we can read the massively informing OP? I mean

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Anyone knows what the fuck is happening?
    Twice vs the same team, double heal pala and 1 arcane mage. Guy just spams Arcane Explosion and then oneshots any one of us.
    told me so much, such as your team composition, what cooldowns were used both offensively and defensively, etc.

    I have 63% PvP Resiliance as a Resto Shaman and 460k hp so no I don't have 150k hp and yes I got crited by 144k by a mage following other high crits with frost bomb and arcane barrage.
    Finally, some information. You play as a Resto Shaman. It's a start.

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Nightbliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So...again, would you mind explaining the setup? Or is it literally him running in on his mount, pressing one button, and you instantly dying? Because if it's not, and it isn't, you can prevent it from happening.



    I hear insulting people is a great way to connect with your audience.



    I hear insulting people is a great way to connect with your audience.



    For what? So we can read the massively informing OP? I mean



    told me so much, such as your team composition, what cooldowns were used both offensively and defensively, etc.



    Finally, some information. You play as a Resto Shaman. It's a start.
    I'm not looking for any specific advice. I was doing arenas for the cap and it happened. I already said what is there to be said about it and I have gotten my answer already. Mage runs arround spamming arcane explosion, stacks his buff and then deals massive damage in a single burst of damage.

    Thanks though.

  20. #40
    This thread is pointless without some indication of what rating this occurred at, and an armoury link of the offending mage and the defending "one-shotted" player.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •