Thread: Stormstout GOLD

Deleted

Stormstout GOLD

Anyone that has any experience in Stormsout challenge mode I'd really appreciate any tips, on our best try we missed GOLD by 30 seconds :<

Our set up is:
    Tank: DK
    Healer: Resto Shammy
    DPS: Ele Shammy, Balance Druid and Combat Rogue

On the monkey trash we tend to use the barrels on them rather than all out AoE DPS.

I think we're losing time anywhere between the monkey trash and the bunny boss. Things arent so bad after that I don't think. BUT a runthrough of any tips for that dungeon would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    Your healer should specc dps for the final boss. We couldn't do it otherwise. I don't even know if it's possible to do any other way if you're not very, very lucky with the barrels spawning at the first boss and the second boss spawning quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    First 2 Mobs: Get them together with the next 3, bloodlust and your group should kill them
    the tank should move on to the next room and start kiting (Gorefiend's Grasp + Rolling Blood + Chill Blains is key here).
    Get as many stacks as possible on the boss to ensure a fast kill. Use cooldowns with some stacks on it (8-10+ is fine).
    Move as a group to the next boss and focus down the bunnies with the hammers and call out for explosive bunnies. Use the hammer to get rid of the bunnies and try to kill the boss as fast as possible. Don't stand in the carrot breath and use the hammers again for the mobs. Don't spend dmg on the little bunnies. At 40% or less, don't bother using hammers anymore and just nuke the boss, DK should have enough CDs to stay alive. (Stuns etc are good)
    Kill the next single trashmob and use Shroud for the 4 "drunk" npcs running around in the room. Avoid the yellow puddles on the ground, as you pull the trash with those as well.
    Use sprint or similar things (ingiboost) to pull the boss gauntlet asap. Get the two mobs from outside in the room and focus them down first, then the two "new" trashmobs. For the 9 little ones, get outside the room and stand inside them. Use Stuns at 30% so they don't heal too much. again: DK can pull ridiculous numbers with DRW + BB spam.
    For the last 4 trashmobs, gorefiends grasp them out of the yellow stuff and use ddeathgrip, if GG is on cooldown.
    Let the healer respecc dps for the endboss himself and try to stand around the boss, evenly spread. Your main goal is to ensure no healing stream (orange line) gets to the boss. You CAN jump with the line on you, but you lose it, if you move. If you stand still and just jump, the line WILL stay on you.

EDIT: Using barrels for the big trash with the first boss is mandatory. You cant pull out the same numbers with "normal" dps.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

in the very first room if you have your dps kill all the floating mobs while you pull up to boss room it will take the first 3 mobs down to around 50% hp. Tanking the first boss near the door that you came in helps with most of the barrels heading that direction. Not sure of any special tricks for the bunny gauntlet except for just getting to the bosses room quickly and aoe'in everything down.

It's not necessary to have your healer dps for last boss but it does help

11:03 with Prot Paladin, MW monk, Enh shaman, Ele shaman, Surv/bm hunter

we didn't have our healer switch to dps on last boss

different setup to you, but:

pre pot on start. pull all 5 hostile mobs to first boss, hero and kill the floating mobs on way, kite monkeys and all use barrels all the time.
    max barrels on boss, tank him in one of the places where un-manned barrels will naturally path to him (near the door or in the middle).
    we used speed pots on gauntlet before hoptallus - take a bopper down on the way, use hammer to start taking out trash. the faster you can take out this trash the better.
    after hoptallus, take out the single add while your healer drinks if needed. skip next trash and use speed pots again. start the last boss while killing pack of 2 mobs. kill everything, line of sight the healing mobs, aoe stun them and stand in their heal lines if at all possible.
    after last pack of 4 is dead, as soon as your healer is out of combat, he respecs to dps.
    then dps down the boss with hero and pots, block the add's healing lines when they spawn, should die quickly. gg.

i'm sure you were aware of a lot of that already, but this is how we did it, and were only 10 secs within the timer. it's by far the tightest time of all CMs, gl.

this is how we did it, with a different setup (with dk tank - chillblains)

10+ Year Old Account
    The setup my group used was combat rogue/ele shaman/frost dk/prot warrior/resto shaman
    We killed the first 2, stealthed the next group of 3. Pulled the amount needed in monkey room, barrels used on boss etc etc.
    Now the gauntlet was the only part we struggled with, me being a prot warrior and not having a reliable spammable AoE like bloodboil made things a little hectic, but we sorted it out eventually. I just ran to the boss while the dps were attacking on the move killing boppers. By the time we got to the hoptallus room we had 3 people with bopper hammers ready to aoe the trash. The trash instantly died when it was grouped up and the boss spawned. Burnt it down, no problems.
    After hoptallus we pulled the big add with the 4 patrolling alementals and aoed them down.
    We then pulled the 2 big adds outside the final bosses room into the gauntlet, and aoeing down the resulting 4 mobs. I used shockwave to interrupt carbonation or suds w/e it is, to maximize dps.
    We pulled the big aoe group of healing mobs behind the pillar in the room.
    Killed the final pack of 4 mobs, then our healer specced dps and we zerged the boss.
    Think we had about 20-30 seconds left on the time. Took about 2-3 hours to finally get it done.

Considering we 1shot 6/9 of the golds and we spent 2-3 hours on this one, it's by far the most difficult and tightest timed gold.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Aren't there like a thousand videos on these modes? When I did them it was like Google, Copy, ???, Profit.

Deleted
    With a DK tank you (can) pull everything up until the first boss room, where you pull that room and mass aoe with some focussing of the big adds, they need to die before the boss spawns or tank will take ALOT of damage. Hero on the first boss don't forget potions. Don't forget to kill the small Lei Shi's that are channeling beams on the big trash packs at the start.

Without a DK tank you work hard to replace your tank with a DK tank.

Up until the bunny you just run in a tight pack to avoid people falling behind and getting blown up. Skullmark a hammerguy when you enter the boss' room and nuke it down. Repeat to get more hammers and aoe the trash down. Nuke the boss when he spawns and use hammer just when the exploding ones spawn during the boss fight, to keep them from exploding on your group. They spawn last.

Skip the trash in the building after the bunny, no invis potion needed to do so. Don't get hit by the beer flying from kegs, it aggroes the trash.

Pull the following trash up until the boss to start the trashwaveencounterspawn.

On the annoying healing trash you run out of the room (your healer should be dps for this) and have a good stunlock rotation ready. With smoke bomb you don't actually have to run out, you can save some time there by smoking. Not sure how, but I know you can. Aoe it down, hard.
    Your healer has to heal for the last trashpackspawn before the boss, but your healer should be dps for the last boss.

Pop all cooldowns on the last boss (obviously..) and stand in the beams (obviously..) with your healer nuking and your tank popping cds, calling out if he needs heals, but he shouldn't.

If you don't have a DK tank this challenge mode is crazy hard. If you have a dk tank it's perfectly manageable. If you did it 30 seconds too late you are perfectly capable of making the time, just keep trying.

Deleted
    They do have a dk tank, but I dont see why will you need one. I pulled everything just fine as a war, just plant a banner and kite with howl while you pick barrels and shockwave. Other tanks will have other tricks.

At op, you had plenty of tips already, but... Brewery it's all about dps. Pull everything to bosses, pot at CD and aoe like mad. Skip the 4 elementals after 2nd boss if you were not doing it.

All this talk about kiting and DK tank. Just man up get into the boss room pull *EVERYTHING* and aoe them before you run out of defensive cooldown. Takes about 25sec to kill them all this way, less if your dps is helping with barrels.

Edit: I'll just add that I think its easier to meet the timer of this challenge with a pally, a warrior or a monk tank rather than a DK. It's still very doable with any tank it's just that DKs are overrated right now.
    Last edited by Nerthfu; 2012-12-30 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerthfu View Post
    All this talk about kiting and DK tank. Just man up get into the boss room pull *EVERYTHING* and aoe them before you run out of defensive cooldown. Takes about 25sec to kill them all this way, less if your dps is helping with barrels.

Edit: I'll just add that I think its easier to meet the timer of this challenge with a pally, a warrior or a monk tank rather than a DK. It's still very doable with any tank it's just that DKs are overrated right now.
    I just tanked everything as a warrior, didn't even pop personals.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins