Using Elder Charm of good fortune to make a fair amount of gold

So im not sure if this may be a new idea but has anyone thought about the ability to use Elder Charms to make gold for top guilds. Lets say you have a guild on a server that has had heroic content on farm for months ( towards end of tier) and there raid members are very close to having everything they need. I know our guild is starting to DE some heroic gear that no one needs. Do you think there could be a market for them to sell raid spots and have the pug use his/her elder charms for a chance at loot. Its not a 100% chance of the person getting loot but it would be a 100% chance of the guild getting gold. The price could vary depending on the boss I.E bosses with trinkets/weapons/tier. I know its not totally different from guild just selling drops off bosses but at least this way it isn't taking loot away from the guild.

Deleted
    Try it and see if you have any takers. Used to work fine in MC back in Vanilla. Dunno how mych they would want to pay for a chance to use their charms on a boss? In Vanilla gear really made a difference, but these days people know gear lasts a finite time before the next stuff comes along, players are way more casyal and less min maxers. You wont know unless you try.

People will always buy that "heroic" tag on gear. I don't remember about T11 but Firelands/DS we gold capped out guild bank doing what you're talking about.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Try it and see if you have any takers. Used to work fine in MC back in Vanilla.
    There were no charms in vanilla.
    Otherwise.. The roll chance via charms is hardly a sale argument.. The 2 major selling points for runs are 1. the usual mount drop from the last boss, 2. the achievements.
    The gear is a freebie that comes along with it. That's pretty much the customs now since ICC got on farming mode. and I doubt that there's going to be any change, just because of a few charms that may or may not yield extra loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody would pay any significant amount for that unless there is more attached to it like achievements. 15% random drop and a lockout is not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are selling a run for gear then that is one thing but to sell a run just for the charm drops is beyond laughable.
    If you sell a run to someone it should have no bearing wether they have charms or not. If I were to buy a boss run I would expect full loot rolls with priority over the people running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There were no charms in vanilla.
    Otherwise.. The roll chance via charms is hardly a sale argument.. The 2 major selling points for runs are 1. the usual mount drop from the last boss, 2. the achievements.
    The gear is a freebie that comes along with it. That's pretty much the customs now since ICC got on farming mode. and I doubt that there's going to be any change, just because of a few charms that may or may not yield extra loot.
    Taking pugs to get gear ofc duh. He can try it and see. All servers are different believe it or not. The gear is not a freebie where its HC MOP quality as its highly viable.