10+ Year Old Account

Christmas bring out all the farmers, or the AH barons are afk

So I have been at my parent's house the past 10 days and for Christmas I was given a new Iphone. First thing I did was download the Wow armory app to check the ah, and like on wowarmory online, prices of ghost iron ore and green tea leaf have DROPPED!!! I normally buy ghost iron ore up to 42g a stack, and its barebones on the ah, and then I buy green tea leaf for 40g a stack, and that is slightly more common. In the past four days I have bought 200 (a day, 800 total) stacks of ore and leaves at anywhere from 25g a stack of leaves, to 32 stack for ore.

So my question, is have my other AH barons noticed this as well, as the botters are still running and there just isn't the same competition as people are with family, not on wow, etc, or have prices started to drop as such due to lower demand? I don't remember it being like this during past holiday seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by the kins man View Post
    So I have been at my parent's house the past 10 days and for Christmas I was given a new Iphone. First thing I did was download the Wow armory app to check the ah, and like on wowarmory online, prices of ghost iron ore and green tea leaf have DROPPED!!! I normally buy ghost iron ore up to 42g a stack, and its barebones on the ah, and then I buy green tea leaf for 40g a stack, and that is slightly more common. In the past four days I have bought 200 (a day, 800 total) stacks of ore and leaves at anywhere from 25g a stack of leaves, to 32 stack for ore.

So my question, is have my other AH barons noticed this as well, as the botters are still running and there just isn't the same competition as people are with family, not on wow, etc, or have prices started to drop as such due to lower demand? I don't remember it being like this during past holiday seasons...
    I fail to see why you needed to state anything about botters when the most likely answer is that more people are currently on holiday than at any other time during this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I fail to see why you needed to state anything about botters when the most likely answer is that more people are currently on holiday than at any other time during this expansion.
    Because botters are unfortunately what drive the lower end of the AH.

To answer the OP it varies between servers. People are on a break. Botters arent caving in on prices, but they will in some other places. Some AH competition is taking a break due to the holidays, byt some people on holiday have become active. Swings and roundabouts. I think the decrease in nodes is starting to kind of tell, but this coincides with the main demand for herbs being DM trinkets having now fallen.

There's a lot of supply at the moment on my server compared to usual. I generally buy herbs in particular privately via a few farmers and they've all had a lot extra and a couple have mentioned they just have more time at the moment. AH prices have only dropped marginally on my server though, there's minimal bots on mine from what I can tell.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prices do seem to have dropped a lot on my server too. I have been buying up Ghost Iron ore over the past couple of days between 20 and 24g a stack and the supply is there. I will see what happens next week when many people return to work/school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I mentioned botters because there aren't many people in their right mind who would post 200+ stacks of ore at a time from a character named rrrjsdh... Also, because when I am at my computer most of the people I buy masses from log in, I go and post 4-5 stacks of the item they typically sell at GREATLY reduced prices and they always undercut me. I then cancel my auctions, and buy all theirs. No human would do that, they would see that there are a few items causing the drop in price and purchase them, then put the item for the "typical price"...

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I think the decrease in nodes is starting to kind of tell, but this coincides with the main demand for herbs being DM trinkets having now fallen.
    I haven't seen that effect yet. When the hotfix went live I figured ore prices would jump at least 10g a stack, it has yet to happen...