Deleted

Any good links to read about lvling a warlock as a complete noob?

Hi there,

I've levelled every class to atleast 60 apart from a Warlock.

I'm interested in starting one now, but I was wondering if anyone had any good links to some guides (both lvling and PVP) as well as specs for levelling?

Also - How are they feeling in PVP at the moment? In a better place than rogues?

Warlocks are good. You dont need to know much tbh, just play demo and try out all the spells as you go along. Its the easiest way to learn and the most fun.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Deleted
    If you want to level a warlock as a complete noob you should get an agility staff and enchantments.
    It's easier to play a paladin as a complete noob. Than you have access to alot of gears you are noty supposed to wear.
    In dungeons use voidwalker. Try to melee too. Hope this will help you.

Infracted. Post more constructively please. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-29 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    If you want to level a warlock as a complete noob you should get an agility staff and enchantments.
    It's easier to play a paladin as a complete noob. Than you have access to alot of gears you are noty supposed to wear.
    You sir, made my day^^

Deleted
    seriously guys - stop it ...

lvling guide ?

lvling rotation ?

lvling spec ?

mate - for lvling you can use 1 spell and not choosing tallents, and it will be fine.

Studkaw - 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    That quote is obvious bad advice, just so you know.

I don't think we have a decent leveling guide anywhere on the forums. Leveling is not unduely hard though as a lock, around level 40 you get spec defining goodies that will cement the differences between the specs, after which I would try out the different specs to get to know which you prefer. As for info once you near max level, this forum will help alot, especially the stickies, and I;ve found WoW Insider pretty useful at times too ( they did a splendid few pieces on leveling in Cata).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That quote is obvious bad advice, just so you know.

I don't think we have a decent leveling guide anywhere on the forums. Leveling is not unduely hard though as a lock, around level 40 you get spec defining goodies that will cement the differences between the specs, after which I would try out the different specs to get to know which you prefer. As for info once you near max level, this forum will help alot, especially the stickies, and I;ve found WoW Insider pretty useful at times too ( they did a splendid few pieces on leveling in Cata).
    FYI he asked how to play a warlock like a noob, not how to play it, or play it as a pro.
    Ofc my "advice" is bad if your aim is to play good. But that was not what OP asked for.
    My post was an answer to OPs question in the title.

Edit:
    I'd like you to remove the infraction, it was very injust in this context.

We do not discuss moderation actions in public. Sent you a PM with more info. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-29 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    FYI he asked how to play a warlock like a noob, not how to play it, or play it as a pro.
    Ofc my "advice" is bad if your aim is to play good. But that was not what OP asked for.
    My post was an answer to OPs question in the title.

Edit:
    I'd like you to remove the infraction, it was very injust in this context.

We do not discuss moderation actions in public. Sent you a PM with more info. ~xskarma
    I agree, ambiguous title - I'm sure you knew which way the OP meant but you chose the infraction route

OP - I'm leveling as Affliction with the voidwalker pet. Get Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction up. Have you voidwalker on 'Assist'. You can chain pull one after the next. Throw in some Soulburned: Health Funnel (Instant Pet heal with dmg reduction) and you'll have no problem. Health and Mana are never a problem. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefered Destro when I leveled mine.
    Choose Soul Leech as t1 talent and had no problem whatsoever to chain pull mobs. For T5 talents I suppose GoSup (I think) is the best way to level. ^^

Edit: Chaos Bolt + Havoc is fun times as well. :>

Just wanted to add one more level of smart-ass to your comment (which I did find funny) and that he is specifically looking for links to read about lvling his lock as a complete noob. You did not provide those links.

On topic: I actually only played my lock 10 lvls since I granted a free lvl 80 toon from scroll of rez. I have no idea what's a good lvling spec or guide. At 80, I read noxxic, icy-veins, elitist-jerks, and these forums to get a grasp on the theory behind everything. I also used the watched YouTube videos like "4.3 lvl 85 destro rotation" or whichever spec you want to try. Once I kind of had an idea, I started picking the brain of the warlocks in my guild. All the advice I can give you is read all your tooltips so they explain what each move does, look at the "What has changed" tab in the spec UI (gives you basic rotational info), and always choose talents or use moves that do something when killing a mob that gives experience or honor. Those moves will save your ass all the time (example: Affliction drain soul when the target dies gives you all your shards back and then glyphed it gives you a large portion of your health back. Good luck!