New Asus motherboard, no hard drive detected, cant boot

I got my new Asus P8Z77-V LE and installed everything. But when I turn on my computer, the mobo screen keeps saying "no hard drive detected". Yet It shows 3. My SSD, my HDD, and my cd drive.

All the sata connectors are in the right place I've checked 3 times, I've also used every sata port on the board and It still doesn't detect them.
    When I try force booting with any of them, I get a quick blue screen after the windows logo and I go right back to the bios.

I just updated to the latest bios via flash. That didn't do anything but not detect my SSD. Ugh.....

So the motherboard won't boot with any drive. I booted just fine before I put this new mobo in.

What is the problem here? I need this fixed asap. Any help would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reinstall Windows? :P Most times when you change boards it breaks Windows and requires a reinstall.

Try booting from the windows disc and reinstalling Windows. This may format the boot drive, so back it up on a different PC first if you need to do so.

I have an asus and I had very similar problems a while back. I thought it was the mobo, the guy at best buy said he was 90% sure it was the mobo, then upon further inspection, it was just some piece of shit virus that deleted windows. I had to spend 10 months on a computer that's 15 years old. Anyway, sorry for ranting on here. Hopefully you don't have anything terribly important installed on your computer because I really think you need to reinstall windows.

Thanks for the replies. I don't even have the windows disk. GAAAAAAAH.

I can't even get the key either. Any other options?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I don't even have the windows disk. GAAAAAAAH.

I can't even get the key either. Any other options?
    If you have a working computer, here are legal Windows 7 ISO's that can be burned to DVD's or to a Flash Drive using Microsoft's Windows USB/DVD Tool.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/downlo...ownload-links/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, unfortunately when upgrading a motherboard, it's almost mandatory that you at least repair the OS (not necessarily reinstall, for format and reinstall)

Regardless, you need both a Windows CD (It needs to be the same one as you had before to repair, otherwise you're going to make a clean install) and a key. Why do you not have a key? >.>

The OTHER option is, and this may be a pain. Pull the board out, put the old one back in, boot into windows, get your key, then swap back, and use an ISO CD to repair and use your old key.

Reinstalled windows and I'm all good. Thanks.