Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

DKs transmogging Grand Marshal weapons?

Hi.
    So basically i was chillin around area 52 one day fully aware of the fact that DK´s can¨t or aren´t supposed to be able to transmog Grand Marshal weps.
    But i went ahead and i bought a replica GM Sword just for luls, and later tried transmogging it. Guess what? It actually worked for me.

Im constantly getting whisps from people asking me how i did it, and several of my guldies tried doing it.
    I have rank 8 from vanilla on my warr, but that isnt supposed to be shared on account is it?
    I´ve never seen any other DK´s with Grand Marshal swords so im just wondering f if im super lucky and it just bugged for me, or if anyone has seen it before?

I´ll post pics if anyone want´s, but cba to do it without request incase it actually works for alot of DKs.

Enlighten me please.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 04:40 AM ----------

Also, i can transmog as many times as i want. Wasn´t just a one time thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I'm pretty sure your PvP ranks from Vanilla now go to all characters of the same faction. I never got far, but all my alliance toons can use my Corporal title.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think the old pvp titles was account bound, i know the FoS for HAVING one is, but not the use nor ability to use the gear for transmog was
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

All my alliance characters have access to replica gear, I have the rank on my paladin. So I guess it is now account shared, or well atleast faction shared seeing as I cannot do it on Horde chars...

what and when did this happen, looks like a mean stealth change if its true

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okey, i guess not many vanilla players actually rerolled DKs then. But i cant use the title on my DK tho.. So i dno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    All my alliance characters have access to replica gear, I have the rank on my paladin. So I guess it is now account shared, or well atleast faction shared seeing as I cannot do it on Horde chars...
    You either got it with the bug that copied FoS while disconnecting on instances, or you are mistaken.

Access to replica gear is not account-wide. I can use it on my mage (who is pimping the high warlord cloth pvp set; badass on undead mages), who had the appropriate rank in vanilla, but none of my other chars are able to buy it.

Either that, or my account is bugged.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2012-12-30 at 05:26 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

pics or it never happened

Seems a stupid as hell idea to restrict that to just the characters. Look, I didn't play in vanilla and I almost utterly despise PvP and I think it's bizarrely inconsistent that they are taking a different approach to Naxx 40 gear than they are PvP epeen gear, but, let's come at this logically -- the only reason to bother at all with all the restrictions on it is that the player -- the person in the chair -- is a special snowflake, not a particular set of pixels. If I had been Vice-General of the Left Side of the Outer Brigade of Lordaeron or whatever gets you the gear on, say, a level 60 rogue that I have since lost any and all interest in playing, I would still be the total pimp that owned faces back in vanilla, and it would feel pretty stupid to not be able to use the crazy nice Alliance polearm on a Brewmaster when the only reason the moggable versions of this stuff were put in in the first place was to celebrate my own greatness.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the replica items are red for me now when i look at them from the vendor. Im gonna try buying the honor version of the GM sword and see if i can transmog it.

Tho the replica one i bought when they werent red still works for me. Im gonna try buying another replica wep and see if i can transmog that aswell.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    #Update - So the replica weps are red from the vendor, when i try buying one it says "item locked", honor version wouldnt let me transmog. So basically replica weps you need rank 8 or more on your char to buy, but not to transmog. And with honor wep you need rank 8 or more to transmog not to buy. So it obviously bugged for me when it let me buy a replica wep when i did. Guess im just super lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Dairios View Post
    I'm pretty sure your PvP ranks from Vanilla now go to all characters of the same faction. I never got far, but all my alliance toons can use my Corporal title.
    I have a HWL FoS and the only one who can buy and use/mog the gear is my warrior whom it belonged to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairios View Post
    Nop, you saw/remember wrong. Titles are still for the character who earned them.

As for the OP, armory link of a DK with it transmogged or it didn't happen

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kårhild at Grim Batol for armory check