1. #1

    About PvP Bots, a question.

    So, I was in a BG on my alt just now.

    And ofc, there was 4 bots in a Battle of Gilneas fight. And they was camping LH (I'm ally) pretty much the whole fight (Had some runs to WW and Mines just to die)
    So I wrote in the chat: "Be sure to report those bots, so we can get rid of some".
    And the reply was: "Dude, Blizz dosnt care... Do you even read forums..?"


    Well, do people realy believe this shit? That Blizzard dosnt ban bots?

    Here's a proof that they do - I got a ban by botting (yes I did, and I regret it.. Deleted the shit now though).

    So please, if you realy believe Blizz dosnt care - you're wrong. Keep report ALL bots, gathering, honor etc etc. Lets get rid of them for once (As I bet most get the same reaction as me when they recieve their first ban and delete it.)

    Rise up against botting! And if you're as stupid as me and fell for the urge to try this out because you thought blizzard wouldnt ban you - well, good luck with your ban (even though its a little 3hour one first...)

  2. #2
    Depends.Some botters get banned because they're not careful enough.
    How long were you botting before you were banned?
    How were you botting?PvP,leveling,gathering,auction house?

    I've heard stories of people that have been botting for a few years and still are...this with the fuckton of pvp bots that I managed to notice even though I play the game casually on top of the obvious source of cheap ores and herbs I'm more inclined to believe Blizzard isn't efficiently banning bots.
    Last edited by ZRebellion; 2012-12-30 at 06:38 AM.

  3. #3
    They ban for like 3 hours. Which usually means by the time you wake up in the morning to check on your bot your ban is over.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Delighted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    They ban for like 3 hours. Which usually means by the time you wake up in the morning to check on your bot your ban is over.
    This is sadly true.

  5. #5
    They either don't bann or it can take up to 2 years to do so...and I know, I've had Blizz (couple of GM's) come track down a botter who was actively botting. They put the botter on a list but 5 months later he was still botting.

    Simply because a GM can not take action on the account for some reason, all the GM's were allowed to do was put him on a list for investigation. And no the GM's weren't just lazy...I know this from many factors that I cba typing out as it was over a 2 hour time. :P

  6. #6
    you botted, you cheated

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,920
    Yea OP i think you were just unlucky. For each person banned (you) by what I read here and the forums there are like 1000 that get away with it. So, you just won the unlucky lottery. But by all means keep reporting them, false hope is still better than no hope.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,856
    You dont get banned from botting unless you move big amounts of gold between characters or you leave the bot on for days.
    Heyoo!

  9. #9
    A slap on the wrists is just not good enough, for me atleast i would like people caught botting to recieve a perma ban not a silly 3 hour or 24/48 hour ban.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    They ban for like 3 hours. Which usually means by the time you wake up in the morning to check on your bot your ban is over.
    I can confirm this. I know of two people who bot.

    One of them only uses it for PvP, he levels up a toon, then bots them full honor gear. Has done this since Wrath. The most he has gotten was a 3-day suspension (because of botting).

    Second only uses it for leveling, since BC. He was given six warnings, four different 3-day suspensions, then finally account closure. This happen over the span of BC-end of Cata. So I mean, it's not the most progressive of banning bots.


    They damn well know my friend uses a PvP bot, yet after warning upon warning, and a suspension he's sitting behind me on my X-box, as I watch his Rogue continually queue for AV. So their claims of instant-banning bots is far from true, it may of been at one point but at least for the PvP bot, it isn't true anymore. Sorry for this sad realization.
    Last edited by Yourcatdead; 2012-12-30 at 04:13 PM.

  11. #11
    So it actually is this bad, I'm kinda shocked..

    I botted for about 1 month I believe it was, then when I dinged 90 on my alt I had him run BGs for 16 hours (Guess thats why I got the 3 hour ban though).

    It's kinda sad to know they dont care about something that ruins the game.. The main reason I started to bot was because of all the bots in BGs ruining the fun of it and making it more a hassle realy..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    You dont get banned from botting unless you move big amounts of gold between characters or you leave the bot on for days.
    You DO get banned. It however starts with an 3 hour ban and slowly ramps up to 3 days. After that one your ban will be permanent. If you stop botting for a time it slowly decreases to the point where you start with an 3 hour ban again.

    Nonslid, Blizz does care. But only if you use the bot outside of battlegrounds, try farming ore or herbs for a prolonged time and they will crack down on you fairly fast. In Battleground not so much.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,019
    Botting won't get you banned unless you want to be banned.


    Explanation:

    Botters pay for one or several accounts. That resumes as numbers of "players" paying to Blizzard.

    As long as the amount of botters is not way too high, it won't damage Blizzard, and even counting the large amount of bots we have now, they are still not enough.


    So, as long as botters are clever enough not to bot 30 hours nonstop or do BG's.. (really doing BG's with your bot is almost like going into GM Isle yelling "BAN ME PLZ".), they simply won't be banned.

    Now, is it good? No, but it's not bad neither because it's a game, and so far the company is getting money out of it, making it even good for them since it's not damaging it's name... yet. So it's up to everyone how they want to play, but remember, it's not like using a bot is "cheating"... sure you can gold cap and now even buy HC gear on the BMAH... and so what? A bot won't give you Gladiator nor server first kills.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Botting won't get you banned unless you want to be banned.


    Explanation:

    Botters pay for one or several accounts. That resumes as numbers of "players" paying to Blizzard.

    As long as the amount of botters is not way too high, it won't damage Blizzard, and even counting the large amount of bots we have now, they are still not enough.


    So, as long as botters are clever enough not to bot 30 hours nonstop or do BG's.. (really doing BG's with your bot is almost like going into GM Isle yelling "BAN ME PLZ".), they simply won't be banned.

    Now, is it good? No, but it's not bad neither because it's a game, and so far the company is getting money out of it, making it even good for them since it's not damaging it's name... yet. So it's up to everyone how they want to play, but remember, it's not like using a bot is "cheating"... sure you can gold cap and now even buy HC gear on the BMAH... and so what? A bot won't give you Gladiator nor server first kills.
    Yeah, as I see it, it is a easier way to get started (Doing BGs for the gear so you can go arena, thats what I did atleast). Or you can have a gather bot and farm lots of ores/herbs when you sleep, and then earn like 2-5k gold by selling them to a buyer you got a deal with.

    So botting clearly makes your life easier, but it does at the same time makes the game shit for others - BG bots ruining the fun in BGs, gathered bots taking all nodes...

  15. #15
    If I remember correctly every time someone asks a blue about botting they always give the same response. Something along the lines of "It is a serious matter we are looking into." The problem is bots will always exist. You cant catch everyone and I believe they already know this but are putting off releasing that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Lets get rid of them for once (As I bet most get the same reaction as me when they recieve their first ban and delete it.)
    Last time i got ban was in WolTK for using anti-afk script (not even a bot), also it lasted 12 hrs not 3. But fact is that if you aren't overusing bot there's barely any chance you'll get cought. Lets say many reported you, then some time passes before some random GM gets assigned to the matter. GM checks your toon and sees you playing it becouse most likely you already boted all the honor you needed, he decides to move on. Now try to imagine amount of bot reports that needs to be investigated.

    Also same GMs have to deal with a ton of other ingame problems - somebody fallen through the ground, another can't recover corpse, quest 1742 is buged and so on. In reality its impossible to fight bots manually and if Blizz hire special GMs that will ban botting accounts, company is in for double expenses - extra wages and lost subscription fees. This won't happen. Also you can't automaticly ban bots, simply becouse there're insane amount of profiles and routines that makes em hard to detect.

    Imo the only way to reduce amount of bots is to remove the source - retarded amount of grind that went up in this expansion. You need around 2x more honor to gear up with retarded upgrade system, valor points are way harder to get, you're forced to do dailies for extra chance on raid loot. In fact couple of my friends who aren't doing pvp bought bot to do dailies for them. So yeh, talk about fun factor.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,739
    Wasting your time in reporting is not a good idea. I myself got only a three hours ban for hacking WSG for months.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •