Question Reinstalled windows, internet slower.

I just upgraded my mobo and I had problems booting, I had to reinstall windows to fix that problem. So I did.

I installed the LAN drivers for my mobo and now the internet is slower than it was before I upgraded mobo's. My speedtest has gone down from 17mb/s to 12mb/s and downloading takes a lot longer.

What is the deal here? How can reinstalling windows just magically make my internet slower?

Chances are that it's something else other than windows. Is someone else downloading/streaming something elsewhere on the network?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Chances are that it's something else other than windows. Is someone else downloading/streaming something elsewhere on the network?
    Nope, it's 2 In the morning and no one is downloading anything.

Could just be network congestion or something out of your power to fix. I get these too, right now I'm getting 22mbps when usually I get upwards of 40-50mbps.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Could just be network congestion or something out of your power to fix. I get these too, right now I'm getting 22mbps when usually I get upwards of 40-50mbps.
    I never have this bad of network congestion and never have. I guess I'll check in the morning, but this isn't normal for me.