Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Scribblenauts is a good example of a game that doesn't require violence to get fun/progress.
    "Not all of life's problems can be solved with Cthulu. Fortunately, almost all of Scribblenaut's problems can.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Journey is a good game that came out this year that in no way whatsoever involves the player harming another player or thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    "Not all of life's problems can be solved with Cthulu. Fortunately, almost all of Scribblenaut's problems can.
    False. Everything can be solved by Cthulhu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But can you think of any games that are non-violent from genre that are traditionally violent? Like strategy games or first-person games.
    You can get firing range simulators, both first-person and technically an FPS .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But can you think of any games that are non-violent from genre that are traditionally violent? Like strategy games or first-person games. Puzzle games and such speaks for itself, most of them are non-violent.
    The Civilization series. You *can* win the game through imperialism, but you can also do so through diplomacy and other non-violent means.

Oh and:

It's like Wolfenstein 3D with sheep in place of SS guards and you put them to sleep with food that you shoot from a slingshot.

OpenTTD! So good! :P

Deleted
    Chess imho

Edit: Almost forgot, twirling your thumbs yeah

Some of my fav none violent games

Roller coaster tycoon series
    Harvest Moon
    Farm simulator
    Farmville
    The Sims
    Sim city
    Flight Simulator
    Anon 2070
    Spore ( you can goo all the way to the end with zero violence if you REALLY try )

Mario and Tetris come to mind. As well as a shit ton of sports games. Pending on what you consider violence...you might not even be able to have games like zelda or metroid on this list. But that's just silly to me, I don't consider those games violent.

Ooooh and Sonic the Hedgehog

Deleted
    mario is a mass murdering game, those poor turtles =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Animal Crossing

Dishonored can be violent or it can not be. It's actually a harder game non-lethal but you're rewarded if you never kill anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Can I name more than one?

Animal Crossing.
    Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Mario (unless you think jumping on turtles is overly violent).
    Racing and sports games.
    Pokemon, technically.
    Adventure games (Phoenix Wright, Layton, etc).
    Scribblenauts.
    And minecraft...and that is a pretty damned good list to start with, for sure. Hell, you could always play chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Tetris

10chars
    You beat me to it

What do you mean by violence? Amount of blood and gore coming out during killing process? Or necessity to kill anything in game in general?
    Some of my fav none violent games
    <snip>
    The Sims
    Sim city
    Even in Sims 1 you could "occasionally" (I did on purpose for the lulz) burn the kitchen together with sim, or send sim to water bath and forget about him. Then house would become haunted, and ghosts of sims would torture the living during night. How is it not violent?

Sim City involves playing with tax system, has options to summon Godzilla and various catastrophes on your city, taking away millions of innocent lives. How is it not violent?