Why does Blizzard do this to us =[

Look at how lovely Org looks from the air, compared to closer to the ground when we have the horrible brown murk filter over it.

It's so depressing that they spend the time with such luscious colouring and then just filter it into oblivion.

PS: Not related but does anyone have that meme pic of the Warlock (?) in ToC with the UI where it has like a billion things covering his screen? Ty.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJeP1BT2JA

I know only of this ui, it's pretty organised but only usable for shamans ;-(

Deleted
    You should watch Zang from Hellfire while flying. Green water and the colors are crazy too.
    But with filters and atmosphere it gives certain stuff that just leveling wouldnt do.
    Besides, its easier to change it with moods or story events

Also yes I found that pic of warlock ui but it took too long to find years ago so I wouldnt bother. Thers ton of "bad ui" pics too.

http://i.imgur.com/VoDQ6.jpg
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-12-30 at 11:01 AM.

PS: Not related but does anyone have that meme pic of the Warlock (?) in ToC with the UI where it has like a billion things covering his screen?
    This one?

10char
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post

PS: Not related but does anyone have that meme pic of the Warlock (?) in ToC with the UI where it has like a billion things covering his screen? Ty.
    Fun story: I posted that picture to facebook once and a lot of friends who play and guildies laughed and this kid I went to high school with got offended and said "Holy pallies need this many addons and that's what my UI did look like during ToC which was one of the most hardcore tiers blizz ever made" and I still laugh at that to this day.

It's not simply a filter, that's a weather effect which is supposed to represent a haze of filthy smog over Orgrimmar thanks to the goblins and a total lack of giving a crap on account of the Orcs.

Deleted
    Don't know what you mean. Below looks better than above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    You should watch Zang from Hellfire while flying. Green water and the colors are crazy too.
    But with filters and atmosphere it gives certain stuff that just leveling wouldnt do.

Also yes I found that pic of warlock ui but it took too long to find years ago so I wouldnt bother. Thers ton of "bad ui" pics too.

oh gruul..... how i miss thee
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

agreed top one looks better, bottom one looks like goblins pissed everywhere and the air is polluted now

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure we used to have a "weather effects" slider in the graphics options at one point in the game. Don't know if that actually used to change the murkiness of some areas.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

that's funny, old org looks heart shaped, didn't see that before

also i think the whole dustiness adds to the ruggedness, thrall seemed to like it.

Deleted
    The dusty touch added is cool, the only problem I see now is the draw distance. On a 23" Led with ultra high settings the scenery looks kinda bad with all that "grey-fading landscape" in the distance. I wish they fixed that. Orgrimmar looks awesome, the draw distance makes the game "ugly"

The first screenshot only works as a fixed image. It wouldn't work well in perpetuity, in a 3-dimensional environment and moving frames. Too sharp and plastic. Tiring to the eyes and no atmosphere. Also, if you look closely, the first image actually looks like 3D environmental stuff that's not finished yet. Looks like a screenshot of an advanced project in Maya or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    The first screenshot only works as a fixed image. It wouldn't work well in perpetuity, in a 3-dimensional environment and moving frames. Too sharp and plastic. Tiring to the eyes and no atmosphere. Also, if you look closely, the first image actually looks like 3D environmental stuff that's not finished yet. Looks like a screenshot of an advanced project in Maya or something.
    Maybe to an extent, but the second one to me anyway looks kinda like it's too overworked and too far filtered/murky that it just makes it look bland as opposed to having an atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post

And yes, known about the green water of Zangarmarsh one for years, that was always hilarious because you could see it from the hill as you rode over, didn't need a flying mount for it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.