View Poll Results: Has wow lost its mmo feeling?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • Yes

76 52.05%
  • No

70 47.95%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Has wow lost its Mmo feeling?

I have been playing wow for a very long time and I cant help but to feel like wow has lost its mmo feeling. Back in the day you accually needed people to play this game which made it better because of the interactions and need to be in the open world. Now adays wow has become a single player game and here are my reasons why i believe this.

* Everything can be done basically alone now without any interaction with others. LFD LFR means you can gear any character without saying anything to anyone.
    * Soo much flying no more random bump ins world pvp etc.
    * No need for summons anymore.
    * Guilds are basically diminishing in usefulness.

People say all there is is dailys to do now but back in the day there were dailies as well, its just the fact that it was harder to do everything. All the things in the past years that simplified this game have also ultimatly made the game less mmo'ish. So to sum it all up in my opinion one of the best mmos is making too many changes taking it away from the mmo feel. No wonder so many people are bored their looking for an mmo and it has evolved into a single player you dont need anyone thing and that is completly wrong for an mmo. Massive Multiplayer cant take single player steps thats why this game feels weirder everyday. Opinions?

P.s. For god sakes I almost miss the times where you stood in the city with your party assistants spaming trade chat to build raid grps. Forde the horde/alliance equivalent hardly ever even happens anymore.
    Last edited by Cuzzin; 2012-12-30 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Left something out

Deleted
    No, WoW is and has always been a MMO.

I can notice by all the other people around me.

Yes there is little talk and interaction.
    People used to ruin wow now lack of people ruin wow

every mmo out there today has the same featurs. its someting most people want so it something they get.

As far as rants go, I'd probably give this a 7/10. Bad grammar/spelling, incoherent, no central point, doesn't identify the problem... It's pretty good as far as street corner ranting goes.

OT I'd say it has, but most MMOs have lost the "MMO feeling". The one exception to that which I can think of would be EVE. The almost-but-not-quite one would be GW2, but with the world mostly deserted that feeling's drained.

10+ Year Old Account
    To a new person, WoW feels amazing. Once they hit through to the next expac or a few they will say the feeling is gone. I myself have fallen to this. The best memories usually are always the first ones you have in the game, after that everything is hard to compete with.

logged in yesterday on my daughters account to see how it is these days on our realm.. sad only 10 people in orgrimar 3794 items in AH .
    and i was the only one in the guild online at that time. [ 17:00 ] so yes if you want to play with other people it's sad but if you want to play on your own it's also sad cause when you go outside of the city you get confronted with CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    As far as rants go, I'd probably give this a 7/10. Bad grammar/spelling, incoherent, no central point, doesn't identify the problem... It's pretty good as far as street corner ranting goes.

OT I'd say it has, but most MMOs have lost the "MMO feeling". The one exception to that which I can think of would be EVE. The almost-but-not-quite one would be GW2, but with the world mostly deserted that feeling's drained.
    Im sorry im not as good with grammer as you are but I didnt think it would hurt you that bad to point it out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Im sorry im not as good with grammer as you are but I didnt think it would hurt you that bad to point it out anyway.
    It's not so much the grammar, it's that you don't actually identify the problem, or you don't do it clearly. I can't see what you're going on about- Flying? Difficulty? Lack of consistent communication with people? What's the central thread that ties all of this together?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much the grammar, it's that you don't actually identify the problem, or you don't do it clearly. I can't see what you're going on about- Flying? Difficulty? Lack of consistent communication with people? What's the central thread that ties all of this together?
    Im sorry you feel that way but everyone else seems to be understandind sure your not just picking on the less educated?

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem generally more self centered than they did in the past. Noone wants to help anyone unless its in their own best interest.
    Hi

Deleted
    On a social level, yes it has with a big decrease since Wotlk launched (or LFD launch rather). On any other level not really.

Deleted
    I have never played a game that was so much fun for such a long time but now the years has taken their toll and it's truthfully boring as fuck.
    The only thing I can say is that it feels empty and dead because you need to be in an organized group for absolutely everything.
    If you don't have 5+ friends to play with then you're going to have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds dont even feel the same anymore. We used to acually talk and know each other.

i think what you mean here is 'sandbox feeling'. yes, that is gone completely as far as i'm concerned, since late wotlk.

for many people (me included) wow is too much of a theme park now to be enjoyable.

Im sorry you feel that way but everyone else seems to be understandind sure your not just picking on the less educated?
    If I was picking on you for being less educated, I'd go through your posts and correct everything. I'm "picking on you" because you haven't actually identified the goalposts of the discussion that you're trying to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are some changes you guys think could make this game more person interactive? Sonce that seems to be the biggest lose over the years. And you guys are right the game hasnt necessarily changed from the mmo theme etc its just that we as players have lost our in game bonds and needs for each other.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:50 AM ----------

If I was picking on you for being less educated, I'd go through your posts and correct everything. I'm "picking on you" because you haven't actually identified the goalposts of the discussion that you're trying to start.
    I say again all these responses and you sir are the only one saying they dont understand what im saying or my gaols blah blah yea buddy pls just stop nobody is even agreeing with you.

Deleted
    Guilds dont even feel the same anymore. We used to acually talk and know each other.
    In the past expansions, people used to talk and have a behavior to others, build a reputation and have a in-game social life. Nowadays people talk trash and bashing anyone.... The social aspect of the game lost after the introduce of LFD in WotLK...

Not totally sure exactly what your trying to blame for the lack of MMO feeling?

Are you going at the lack of social interaction? Seems like everyone has a different oppinion as to what causes their feeling of a MMO to diminish, and with such an approch, there can be no discussion. Next time you make a rant like this, maybe specify a bit more, onto what the subject should be. Its hard for me to give you a qualified response due to the incoherent nature of your OP - Its Basically a "how do you feel about WoW"-Post, wich i dont think was intended? Even so it wasnt clear to me .

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet. But it is under constant assault.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)