Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is one of the most important stats for Pally tanks since 5.0 since our CD's are now lowered by Haste in combination to the active mitigation system. Depending on which way you gear, it's Mastery>Haste or Haste>Mastery, but either way, both come before Dodge/Parry. (But after Hit/Exp)

For anyone to say Haste is not a tanking stat for Pallies they are just ignorant of how they gear since 5.0. But, since Haste has always traditionally been a DPS stat, I suppose it's understandable if you are not current on Pally tanks.

So, in your story, it would seem you already were a bit of a dick but redeemed yourself in the end.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2012-12-31 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Pardon me if I don't pat you on the back. It was nice of you to offer him a roll but the fact that you went that far and STILL considered keeping it is highly suspect.
    You're a filthy liar if you have never been tempted to do something bad. I think I said I regretted not telling him "It's a DPS trinket" at the time and not letting him roll on it (his DK tank buddy actually told me I should have kept it but w/e), but now that I have more info I know I did the right thing.

If we're talking money/gold here, lol, I don't even want to think about it. Paid 2k for a guildy's enchants who was kicked that night - I stopped doing that kind of thing. But, I'll still give people random gifts, gave someone a Dancing Steel scroll for their LFR Starshatter who I knew from a 10M ICC H group that got me glory in Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    holy fuck dude ;p i never ninja'd anything in my life but this is one item I would, without giving it half a thought.

3 times lol

/salute you gotta be last nice guy left in wow ;p
    I try my best, still hurts having seen Ashes drop 6 times and not having one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    But, since Haste has always traditionally been a DPS stat, I suppose it's understandable if you are not current on Pally tanks.
    Not to mention there's two tanks in the game now with active mitigation that essentially gear the same (though reforge differently) be they Tank spec or DPS spec. (Druid and Monk)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    It just totally slipped my mind that we had a Pala tank in the group, heard people talking about the trinket, asked the ret pala if he needed it, he said no, looted it. Next time I'll be a little more careful I guess.

I try to keep in mind the bigger the item you steal, the more of a shit name you make for yourself. Good luck finding a guild without assholes in it after stealing Ashes of A'lar... I knew a gnome mage who stole the VoA mount, had to get a name change, people figured it out and he had to transfer. And that's on Sargeras, a server infamous for being full of dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You're a filthy liar if you have never been tempted to do something bad. I think I said I regretted not telling him "It's a DPS trinket" at the time and not letting him roll on it (his DK tank buddy actually told me I should have kept it but w/e), but now that I have more info I know I did the right thing.

If we're talking money/gold here, lol, I don't even want to think about it. Paid 2k for a guildy's enchants who was kicked that night - I stopped doing that kind of thing. But, I'll still give people random gifts, gave someone a Dancing Steel scroll for their LFR Starshatter who I knew from a 10M ICC H group that got me glory in Wrath.
    I don't believe I've ever told somebody to roll with the intent of not allowing them the item if they won, thus making the roll only a hope for a lucky excuse to do what I had already decided to do, which was to not give them the item. I'd much rather just say "I'm taking it and tough luck" than to put up such a deceitful charade.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not to mention there's two tanks in the game now with active mitigation that essentially gear the same (though reforge differently) be they Tank spec or DPS spec. (Druid and Monk)
    True enough, but I was talking more for the Plate tanks, since ever since "+Def leather" went bye-bye after BC when Feral got the flat -6% crit chance talents, Bears have been using DPS leather from Wrath on.

For plate tanks, there is still "DPS" plate vs "Tank" plate, but oddly enough for Pallies, if you see a piece of Haste/Mastery plate, while technically it's considered DPS plate, it's better for them than seeing a Parry/Dodge plate drop. But that's a new thing in 5.0, so if people only have DK/Warrior tanks, they would understandably think the Pally is dumb for grabbing Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I have two stories.

Another story was in LFR in DS about midway through. Two lighting rods dropped from Hagra, and I somehow managed to win both. I actually needed the staff so I equipped one of them, and planned on just selling the other. About 10 different whispers came in from people BEGGING me if they could have it. At first I was just going to ignore everyone, but I caved in. So after inspecting every single caster in the run, I gave it to the Warlock who was being nice and putting DI on me each fight, while ignoring the Mages who kept QQing because they weren't getting it.
    Lightning rod didn't drop in lfr
    Nixs

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Wrath the Mammoth dropped at the end of VoA and I was master looter. It was very difficult for me to not just ninja it, because at the time I was about to server transfer anyway. I wound up losing it on a 96 roll, getting outrolled by a 99.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    Lightning rod didn't drop in lfr
    He's right, Lightning rod didn't drop in LFR.
    Could have been a nice story though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    have LFR sword from tsulong first time guild downs it it drops i roll agienst our lock...apparenltyhe didnt see it drop or something idk what happend but i wont it he was still useig a blue staf...gave it to him....we havnt raided since....things i regret hes won eveyr hting else from raid lolol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sold OS 3D runs back in Wrath and only charged 5k gold when I could of charged way more.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-12-31 at 04:59 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I was doing the STV fishing tournament with a woman and her somewhat dickish boyfriend that I both knew. I had already won the tournament twice, but I was going for one of the last green pieces (think it was the fishing hat).

Well, the boyfriend kept doing a countdown - and I actually hit the 40 tastyfish mark before him. Instead of going to turn them in, all I did was whisper to his girlfriend "I won - got 40 tastyfish. ~_^" and kept fishing. 2 minutes later, the boyfriend won and was shrieking happy. She thanked me later for not turning them in and I told her not to tell him that I could've. :P

...I did get my hat though! ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    holy fuck dude ;p i never ninja'd anything in my life but this is one item I would, without giving it half a thought.

3 times lol

/salute you gotta be last nice guy left in wow ;p
    Stupidly rare mounts are NOT worth the reputation...

We had a VERY successful raider on our server who was one of the two people who got the Scarab Lord mount. We were in a pug he formed durring wrath for Vault of Archavon. Since he got that bug mount he REALLY wanted to have a complete collection, so when we were in there - the Grand PVP mammoth dropped, and he straight up said "Sorry guys, but I'm gonna ninja this" and BLAM - he did.

This was REALLY stupid as my Guild leader was also in the raid, and we're one of the more predominant guilds behind his... so it immediately went to the forums, and his name became INSTANT CRAP from that point on. He was no longer the Scarab Lord of our server - he became "That jackass who ninja'd the PVP mount, despite having the RAREST mount in the game!"

I was having major difficulties with a guy in our raid group who, literally out of nowhere, decided to hate me and talk shit about me in a private channel - not realizing that a couple of my friends were in there. When I confronted him on it, he'd deny it and say that he actually liked me and what was I talking about?

I brought my issue up with our GM as it was making me consider looking for another guild. The GM asked if he'd prefer that I remove the guy instead and -- I kind of sat back and assessed the options: We lose a core healer and probably one of his friends (also a healer), and I'm "that person", the one that forced someone out of the guild; they lose me and replace me fairly quickly, since we had a lot of DPS waiting in the wings, but keep a core healer; or I stick it out, try to ignore him, mute him on Vent and bide my time until he leaves on his own, since he was unhappy with basically everything in the guild but stayed for some weird reason.

The temptation to be "that person" - that dick who throws their weight around and demands change because they can - was almost irresistible. I'd have been free of him and would've enjoyed raiding again a whole lot sooner than I did, but I also would've turned into him: a bully who acts innocent on the face of it. I couldn't do it.

Must be nice being a dick whenever you feel like it, though, until you run out of people who like you.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

So back when cata was really fresh and new I found a 10m guild progressing VERY fast, and they took me in as a core healer. So the first day in the guild we run BWD. Our other healer was a druid and he out geared me considerably, and we downed Magmaw first attempt, the dagger Inceratus? I think it was called dropped and I still was rocking heroic 1h and OH, I won the roll.

I swear someone spilled milk cause this druid cried to no end in vent. He went on and on about how this is so unfair how someone who just comes in here wins loot blah blah blah. Failing to mention his HPS was god awful and he was just downright not good, specially since he outgeared me. We started moving on to omnotron defense system and he was still bitching and moaning so I got fed up, "do you want the f***ing dagger that bad?" he said yes, and I gave it to him, he shut up, didn't say thanks, and said "thank god...". Minutes after the guild master whispered me saying he was terribly sorry for him and I told the raid we were gonna look for another healer, he got gkicked lol.

So I think I was still a dick? lose/lose situation..

Remember the bug that made normal Ragnaros drop mount 100% for like 2 days? Well we went, we killed it... and leader by the mistake gave mount to me before rolls happend. Though I gave it away so it could be rolled fairly. And ofc I lost the roll. Never seen that mount dropping after and probably I never will. Kinda regret it but I always prefer to do the right thing.

Was running ZG with a friend and the Tiger dropped.
    I won it.
    We continued to kill the raptor boss and, surprisingly, the mount dropped too.
    Let him have it instead of rolling.
    Would he have done the same? Who knows I just didn't want to be a dick and take both.
    Never ended up getting that raptor mount though.

Deleted
    Actually, most of the situations people brought up aren't exactly 'dick-ish', they are more justified.

masterlooting Al'ar and ninja it would be dickish.

But the post above me, even if u did roll and win, u still wouldn't be a dick, since it was only fair
    and winning loot as a new guy instead of a whiny druid isn't dickish either.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2012-12-31 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    I was having major difficulties with a guy in our raid group who, literally out of nowhere, decided to hate me and talk shit about me in a private channel - not realizing that a couple of my friends were in there. When I confronted him on it, he'd deny it and say that he actually liked me and what was I talking about?

I brought my issue up with our GM as it was making me consider looking for another guild. The GM asked if he'd prefer that I remove the guy instead and -- I kind of sat back and assessed the options: We lose a core healer and probably one of his friends (also a healer), and I'm "that person", the one that forced someone out of the guild; they lose me and replace me fairly quickly, since we had a lot of DPS waiting in the wings, but keep a core healer; or I stick it out, try to ignore him, mute him on Vent and bide my time until he leaves on his own, since he was unhappy with basically everything in the guild but stayed for some weird reason.

The temptation to be "that person" - that dick who throws their weight around and demands change because they can - was almost irresistible. I'd have been free of him and would've enjoyed raiding again a whole lot sooner than I did, but I also would've turned into him: a bully who acts innocent on the face of it. I couldn't do it.

Must be nice being a dick whenever you feel like it, though, until you run out of people who like you.
    Oh Moxie... I never denied anything you silly fool. We talked about our issues, and yeah I do think you are ok mostly. Let me enlighten you though on a few things though. If you think the GM from our guild was going to remove me, or that you had some power to... lol please. Before I left ( without a /gkick lorf ) your buddy Xen(GM) sent me a tell about how you went crazy when he kicked a guild member out that was stalking a girl in game. It was so bad for her that she had to get a GM involved because he wouldn't leave her alone. Oh, but he was your friend (go figure), and how dare we get rid of him. ffs Just another reason why I had issues with you. We both agreed that you are a pain to deal with in guild. As for not knowing word might get back to you in that "private channel". Oh I know you get along with those people Mox. Yeah we talked about it. Wasn't hiding anything. What you did was messed up... and guess what? those "friends" in the channel agree with me too. Even talking in vent with your best friend about how screwed up you are. He knows you have issues too lol. I wasn't uphappy with everything in the guild... just in you. I'm hardly a bully and you need to get your facts straight. Come back to reality and get a clue how things really are Mox. Or just keep thinking you are ok w/e. Love Heff

Mod Edit: Please don't get personal/insulting.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-01 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveMoxie View Post
    Oh Moxie... I never denied anything you silly fool. We talked about our issues, and yeah I do think you are ok mostly. Let me enlighten you though on a few things though. If you think the GM from our guild was going to remove me, or that you had some power to... lol please. Before I left ( without a /gkick lorf ) your buddy Xen(GM) sent me a tell about how you went crazy when he kicked a guild member out that was stalking a girl in game. It was so bad for her that she had to get a GM involved because he wouldn't leave her alone. Oh, but he was your friend (go figure), and how dare we get rid of him. ffs Just another reason why I had issues with you. We both agreed that you are a pain to deal with in guild. As for not knowing word might get back to you in that "private channel". Oh I know you get along with those people Mox. Yeah we talked about it. Wasn't hiding anything. What you did was messed up... and guess what? those "friends" in the channel agree with me too. Even talking in vent with your best friend about how screwed up you are. He knows you have issues too lol. I wasn't uphappy with everything in the guild... just in you. I'm hardly a bully and you need to get your facts straight. Come back to reality and get a clue how things really are Mox. Or just keep thinking you are ok w/e. Love Heff

Guy stalking a girl? Your a guy thats stalking him, Pot please meet kettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveMoxie View Post

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the other side of a story. Always interesting when this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin