Thread: Sha Touched Gem

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Sha Touched Gem

    I am 3 sigils of wisdom away from my gem, should I gem my LFR weapon or wait for a normal weapon? This is my alt on a different server than my main. I only have 700 gold on him so I'm stuck with whatever I do.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stool/advanced

    Thanks.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  2. #2
    You can get more gems after you get it from what I hear so just socket what you got now.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    You can get more gems after you get it from what I hear so just socket what you got now.
    Ye for 10k gold

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    You can get more gems after you get it from what I hear so just socket what you got now.
    To add that note for 10,000g per gem. No I'm not joking haha

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,575
    I guess it depends on what your chances are of getting a non LFR Sha-touched weapon. If you think you will be seeing one very shortly, then I would wait on gemming. If you don't think you will see one for the foreseeable future, gem what you have (also considering you have upped your weapon twice via VP).


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  6. #6
    Epic! chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,578
    It cost 10k gold to get a new gem so use it wisely

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I am 3 sigils of wisdom away from my gem, should I gem my LFR weapon or wait for a normal weapon? This is my alt on a different server than my main. I only have 700 gold on him so I'm stuck with whatever I do.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stool/advanced

    Thanks.
    I know all the stuff about the gem I just want to see what the people on the forums think about me using it in my LFR weapon or not. Click on my signature if you want to see my main.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I guess it depends on what your chances are of getting a non LFR Sha-touched weapon. If you think you will be seeing one very shortly, then I would wait on gemming. If you don't think you will see one for the foreseeable future, gem what you have (also considering you have upped your weapon twice via VP).
    K thanks, I was thinking about gemming it I just wanted to see what other people have to say.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  8. #8
    Hmm at 10k if I were you it would depend on how your play group does loot, if a loot council or what class you play determines how high or low you are on the totem pole I would definitely factor those in.
    Last edited by Xerra; 2012-12-30 at 08:14 AM.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Hmm at ten 10k if I were you it would depend on how your play group does loot, if a loot council or what class you play determines how high or low you are on the totem pole I would definitely factor those in.
    I'm mostly an LFR hero on my dk, trying to pug for weapons and it's not going too well too.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,600
    lol 10k isn't that much AT ALL for a 500 stat increase.

    Plus it's an alt, who cares?

  11. #11
    Ah, I sorta got that myself. Most of my friends jumped to other games so I sub for a month per patch get the content then play other stuff so all I do is lfr. If it were me I would go for it but its always a risk I suppose. Think of it as a 10k gold weapon enchant heh
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    lol 10k isn't that much AT ALL for a 500 stat increase.

    Plus it's an alt, who cares?
    min/max dat alt yo

    I only have 700g on him so i can't afford another one

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  13. #13
    Teh maybe wait to see what the next legendary quest reward is if it continues and go off that. If there is no new progression then well this teir is ending soon and new weapons will be out in normals and lfr
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  14. #14
    Not sure on the class or spec you play and normal raid progression , the non sha touched mace off Will of the emperor for healers ( maybe not all healers ) and elem shami has stats that are rival to the raid finder gemed up . The secondary stats on the sha touched weapons for some classes are poor and its silly they didnt actually put some legendary into the sha touched weapons from LFR but honestly compare them be aware of the weight of your stats and do a little math . I would say keep it in your bag and wait and feel good about it, but make sure you feel good about it .

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Teh maybe wait to see what the next legendary quest reward is if it continues and go off that. If there is no new progression then well this teir is ending soon and new weapons will be out in normals and lfr
    Given the 5.1 questline adds a prismatic socket to said Sha-touched weapon, and then in 5.2 the questline does continue further (in what way exactly, we don't know...), sooner you are ready to move along, the better.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  16. #16
    Gem the LFR weapon and dont waste time trying to get the normal one. DK is an alt, LFR hero by your own words, so stick with that.

  17. #17
    I would pay much more than 10k for a god damn SHA WEAPON.
    3 months raiding (active raiding that is, not just LFR) and still blue weapon.
    If only i had problems like OP "socket LFR wep or not" haha

  18. #18
    To the OP : Ask yourself, are you going to devote a lot of time to raiding with that alt? Are you aiming for full hc clean up? If the answer is NO, than gem your LFR weapon and forget about it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm mostly an LFR hero on my dk, trying to pug for weapons and it's not going too well too.
    In that case, gem the LFR weapon, most definitely.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I only have 700g on him so i can't afford another one
    You might try working just a bit. I find I can sell a single crop of carrots for close to 700g. Gold is ludicrously easy to get this expansion, there's so much sloshing around the economy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  20. #20
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In that case, gem the LFR weapon, most definitely.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:22 PM ----------



    You might try working just a bit. I find I can sell a single crop of carrots for close to 700g. Gold is ludicrously easy to get this expansion, there's so much sloshing around the economy.
    On which server can you sell carrots for 35g each? They only go for like 5g each here, despite being among the 10 lowest ranked servers in the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •