Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    None of those things are intoxicating or disabling, unlike marijuana.
    Greasy food is, look at obesity rates.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I was wondering when the abject condescension would make its appearance. What you say might be true about marijuana, to an extent though its particular effects make it a drug that I shall never try for myself, but it is far from the only street drug out there. Are you saying that people who don't want to try krokodil are naught but ignorant? That there is absolutely no objectivity in anyone's decision not to use drugs?
    Ahh you see there are people who just don't want to try drugs, not because of media attention or negative stories but because it doesn't interest them. 9/10 these people are still quite drug tolerant though, they don't mind them and they are happy to let other people take them and enjoy themselves. Those people are at least honest and I respect that. It's the whole drugs are bad because x, y and z crew that generally are arguing a point that much scientific literature will either dismiss completely or is blown out of proportion i.e. MDMA makes wholes in your brain (when actually it doesn't, the images released with that campaign were of depleted serotonin in the brain that regenerates in a few days).

    As for things that are obscure or strong e.g. Krokodil (a drug only really seen in a junkie population in Eastern Europe), heroin, crack, PCP etc. are not exactly easy to come by. Hell I go out clubbing every weekend and do work for nights in underground clubs where drugs are rife, even if I asked dealers who I know sell hundreds of pills, coke, ket, acid, 2CB etc. I would be VERY hard pressed to find any sort of person who even knows a dealer for the highly addictive and heavy drugs out there. They simply aren't easy to come by for a reason, it's just common sense not to take it. Though as a side note, there are a shit load of people out there who take things like heroin and lead a normal life, just because junkies get all the attention and others are reluctant to admit they take them, doesn't mean they don't.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.

    Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years

    Weed in itself isn't always more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes even though it can, first time trying it without smoking more than you "should", cause a psychosis you may never recover from. Although unlikely the possibility exists. It's also commonly known to be a gateway drug to heavier drugs, something most recovered drug abusers can vouch for so I don't see why you weed liberals even try to defend weed in that aspect.

    A major difference between weed and alcohol is that our body can handle a certain amount of alcohol without permanent damage even while young (teenager), while young weed smokers, according to studies (source, and source), risk irreversible damage to their intelligence, attention and memory. This has not been shown to the same extent by adults using any kind of cannabis based drug.

    While smoking a little weed is in itself most of the time harmless, not everyone can handle it. Whether it's legal or not I couldn't care less about, knowing the possible effects is far more important.
    Sounds like someone took the refer madness movie too seriously.

    FYI: I do not smoke and have no vested interests in protecting weed except to set the record straight. Hell, I don't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes pot or do any other drugs, I don't even use Aspirin except maybe once a year for a splitting headache and no longer drink soda and never drank coffee. I am one of them people where if I can't take my life sober, I just can't take my life and refuse to do any drugs as I have seen too many get lost in them.

    First, I have never in my life heard of any psychosis from weed, only from other drugs people had their weed laced with which isn't weed induced.

    Next, I have already covered the gateway theory a little while ago, it is only a gateway drug BECAUSE it is illegal, studies have already shown that.
    Actually they did studies on this. The fact that pot is illegal is why it is considered a gateway drug.

    You see, since many drug dealers don't deal in just one substance, they typically start offering and pressuring them to try other stuff.

    An example of this would be if you had a pothead go to their supplier to get some weed but he also deals in heroin and starts offering it to them even letting them get a free try and pressuring them to try it, THAT is how many got their start.

    If it was legal and regulated, that wouldn't happen as much due to the fact that their supplier is the local convenience store and not trying to actively get them to try the harder drugs.
    Also, if you ever read more into the studies, they haven't been able to figure out which causes the other yet. They haven't figured out if weed causes the damage or people with the damage already have a bigger chance of going to weed to help them cope with it. So not sure which is a symptom of which. Also, even if it did cause it directly, it took years of sustained use in their developmental years to cause it and alcohol use in them same years does even more damage which legalization and regulation would help curb to a great deal.

    And yes I have seen people get lost in weed, it is really sad too but it isn't a physical addiction, it is people who can't seem to cope with it like sex addicts and gambling addicts.

  4. #364
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.

    Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years
    It doesn't make sense because it isn't true. Weed is not a "gateway" drug which is a shitty term. Finding a correlation between weed and other drugs is just as feasible as finding a correlation between water consumption and taking drugs, with the correlation being there isn't one.

  5. #365
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    182
    So you were old enough to move out with some chick when you were 17, but at the very same age, she is just a little baby? Either grow a pair and talk to your younger sister like an older brother, or move on and stfu.

  6. #366
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It is addictive. And you can do bad stuff when on weed. Friend of mine jumped from 3rd floor and broke his legs.
    Drugs is not a thing that should be considered as "mistake" that you "can" make to becoma an "adult" because it can fuck up your life really hard.
    3rd floor would probably kill you. Also, that wasn't weed. That would have been your friend having terrible judgment skills, hate to say it. I've never, nor the ~20 people I know that smoke, ever considered anything stupid while under the influence, and I'm sure we aren't all just superhuman.

  7. #367
    OP, perhaps it isn't your place to say much more than your opinion on the matter? From the initial post, it seems like you two have drifted apart, perhaps from your extended absence. Perhaps just share a personal experience or encourage her to wait until experimentation doesn't have as much of a risk in injuring her development.

  8. #368
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    182
    Weed doesn't make you do anything, in fact it makes you more likely not to do something lol. So many people who have no idea what they are talking about here, its dumbfounding.

  9. #369
    Brewmaster Caninese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,390
    If she's smoking marijuana, you shouldn't be worried. Anything else, worrisome.

  10. #370
    The last three presidents smoked weed. Almost everyone successful that I've spent time with smokes weed or does harder drugs (ironically I do not). If you saw the sheer volume of cocaine that I have watched captains of industry fit down their nose, you'd be shocked.

  11. #371
    Dreadlord Widow Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    751
    From reading the replies by the OP, it seems he really needs to educate himself on Cannabis, tobacco, alcohol and "drugs" in general. He seems to have been brought up to think weed is this evil drug that makes you kill babies and do dumb shit. Go learn some stuff, OP. You're still a kid yourself.

  12. #372
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    Please...if you wanna be a bitch about drugs, at least use FACTS. Weed is NOT addictive.

  13. #373
    Talk to your little sister about the legal, health and social repercussions of illegal drug usage. Whether or not you agree with the law that forbids you from possessing and/or using an illegal drug, it's not worth it. A lot of employers require drug tests these days, and with the job market as rough as it is, do you really want to cut off a lot of opportunities like that? Out of the four jobs I've held in the course of my life, three of them required a drug test. If you get caught with the drug, the legal repercussions can be tremendous. Get a felony on your record and your life is going to be pretty challenging for quite some time, even if you're lucky enough not to end up in harsh prison environment.

    When you weigh out the costs, it's just not a logical decision to possess/use an illegal drug. It's not worth the consequences, no matter the age. Be safe and be smart.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Weed doesn't make you do anything, in fact it makes you more likely not to do something lol. So many people who have no idea what they are talking about here, its dumbfounding.
    there's marijuana and there's marijuana. seems like yours is a shitty skank (or cannabis indica which is 'designed' to couchlock you, that's why you only smoke it in the evening). either way, you're doing it wrong.

    get a proper strain of cannabis sativa and of you goooooooooooo
    Are you nervy? Irritable, depressed, tired of life? Keep it up.

  15. #375
    Scarab Lord Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,837
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The last three presidents smoked weed. Almost everyone successful that I've spent time with smokes weed or does harder drugs (ironically I do not). If you saw the sheer volume of cocaine that I have watched captains of industry fit down their nose, you'd be shocked.
    Yeah, Bush and Barack have been real successful. You get a 1/3 at best.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  16. #376
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post

    In the short term of smoking a little bit of weed one evening it doesn't sound so bad, but anyone that has smoked weed knows it can easily lead to other things. If it becomes habitual it can have an effect on your surroundings. The people you spend time with, new friends and opportunities you're presented with.

    .

    OMG stop making BS on weed if you don't know what you're talking about...............Weed doesn't lead to anything else then weed or hash. THAT IS ALL

  17. #377
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,900
    1) Weed isn't bad. The worst side effects are it makes you a fucking moron, but only if you smoke it every single day. Don't abuse it and you're fine.

    2) Hard drugs (Meth, cocaine, heroine) are bad. Highly addictive, should stay away from.

    3) Psychedelics (LSD, Shrooms, Peyote) are not bad for you so long as you don't abuse it. LSD is pretty intense but won't kill you so long as you don't abuse it. Only bad side effect is that if you abuse LSD you'll get flashbacks. Peyote isn't bad for you at all.

    4) Everyone who thinks that weed is from the devil and will ruin your life if you smoke it once needs to take a step back and do some research. It isn't a gateway drug. It isn't physically addictive. It won't hurt you. It won't kill you.

    5) To all the stoners out there who are berating the people who think marijuana is deadly, chill. It's because of how they were raised and the propaganda that surrounds it. Try and be logical and explain it, don't insult them. They don't know any better.

    Also for the record, I've never taken a drug in my life.

    /rant
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-12-30 at 10:42 PM.

  18. #378
    Drug is a good thing . People have to believe that. Your Government and that very person that stole your cellphone, not long ago, thank you for using them.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    For the people who are saying "It's just pot, don't stress", I cannot disagree with that more. I used to be a HEAVY drug user and it all started when one day before I left for university, a few friends and I were smoking and realized we were running low. So what to do next? We called our dealer of course. We dropped by her house and after grabbing the weed she asked if that's all we wanted. A friend being curious asked what she had and meant, so she told us and showed us mushrooms, LSD, MDMA Ex, pills of multiple sorts, etc. I having just gotten paid decided why not give it a shot? We were going to be fucked up all night on weed and alcohol anyway, so I bought us all a couple hits of acid each.

    Now, that may be a boring story of moving from one drug to another, but it absolutely started because I was already smoking and drinking (YES, DRINKING. ALCOHOL IS JUST AS TO BLAME AS THE MARIJUANA). Long story short, I spent most my university years tripping balls, rolling on weekends, and smoking more and more expensive weed as my desire to become higher kept growing. Same thing as in video games, you aren't going to play on easy for your entire career of gaming, you're going to step up the difficulty.

    That aside, I've been clean for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I still drink on occasion (Hell my sister in law just got me a few bottles of this amazing cinnamon whiskey. I -love- it), but I'll never touch anything else again. It almost ruined my school years which would have in turn ruined my life.

    Edit - I suppose I should mention why I quit huh? I had the same girlfriend through most of High School and Uni, until I decided to start ditching her, or when I did go see her, I was trippin balls. She ended up leaving me because of it and since we were together so long, most of our friends were mutual and decided to drop me as well. All I had left were drug buddies, not friends. I had no one to go play Magic with, I had no one to spend all night playing Rockband, the days of LANing Starcraft and the sorts were over. That hit me REALLY hard. After the realization set in, I seeked help, cleaned up, and now I have my nerdy friends back and life is grand.
    it's your fault for being an idiot for asking yourself "why not"?

    you should know weed is "ok"

    but other drugs aren't and you should never try them unless like I said you can control but those shits are addictive

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Next, I have already covered the gateway theory a little while ago, it is only a gateway drug BECAUSE it is illegal, studies have already shown that.
    I know this is a term thrown around by most people, but weed hasn't actually been proven (to my knowledge) as a gateway drug. Within a social realm then yes, it is considered a gateway drug due to the social factors involved with dealing with people selling/taking harder drugs. However, that being said, it's not actually neurologically speaking a gateway drug (yet). The only drug (which was quite recently discovered) as a gateway drug was nicotine. It actually enhances a specific gene that makes you more likely to become addicted to cocaine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    And yes I have seen people get lost in weed, it is really sad too but it isn't a physical addiction, it is people who can't seem to cope with it like sex addicts and gambling addicts.
    It is psychologically addicting. Just because your body doesn't physically react to withdrawal doesn't mean your mind will be A-O.K.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •