Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    I have known many teenagers who started with weed and loved getting high . Then when the oppertunity came along they moved onto the next best high ...does not happen to all but ask ANY hard drug user what they started with and you will get 100% across the board they started smoking weed with friends in junior/high school ....btw used to be a Drug and Alcohol counselor.
    100% of all drug abusers have had water in their life too.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I'm not seeing a lot of credible sources to back up all these claims. Seeing some name-calling and disinformation, however.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1834392.html

    All you can eat.
    In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers, we are not simply protecting their trivial old age, we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,030
    So... what? Good that she's living life.

    If you found a note between her and her friends explaining their plans to drop their crate of injectable heroin & orange juice off to their pimp to pay off debts for their HIV cocktails acquired in the process of servicing your local community's night clubs ... OK. Maybe you could fuss and post on the MMOC forums about it.

    But seriously. This. I think the older:baby relationship is inverted here, tbh.

  4. #24
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    100% of all drug abusers have had water in their life too.

    .....Which isn't even related. Everyone's had water.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  5. #25
    I hate "non-drug-users-trying-to-fix-your-life-because-when-you-once-take-drugs-you're-an-junkie"-types.
    Stop beeing that guy, even if it's your sister.

    I occasionally take drugs ( Acid, Ecstasy ) with some of my best bros. Everyone has job and we're very social ( obvious huh? ).
    We're taking it only on big event's so in two months perhaps once to 2 times. None of us are addicted. ( in b4 You are addicted because you deny it that you're addicted )

    Also it seems that it's just weed. Just look that she doesn't get like those gangsta-kiddys trying to be cool with weed. Weed sucks.
    If it's a "harder" drug tell her to drink much ( water, non alcoholic stuff ) and get her clean stuff. If she's interested she's going to try it anyways, if you're going to forbid it, she wants it even more. So option 1. Clean Stuff, no dehydration 2. racked shit, dehydration, bad trip

    Tell her she should do a little research on the drugs she's going to use and ( if possible ) to have someone to be there who was already on it, and stays clean to look after her.

    Protip: not everyone who uses drugs ends up as a heroin addict dead on a public toilet ( Well the heroin addicts excluded lol )
    500PX

    My Photos

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm 24. I have never even smoked a cig. So no. It doesn't have to be a part of growing up.
    Do you ever consume alcohol ?

  7. #27
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post
    I hate "non-drug-users-trying-to-fix-your-life-because-when-you-once-take-drugs-you're-an-junkie"-types.
    Stop beeing that guy, even if it's your sister.

    I occasionally take drugs ( Acid, Ecstasy ) with some of my best bros. Everyone has job and we're very social ( obvious huh? ).
    We're taking it only on big event's so in two months perhaps once to 2 times. None of us are addicted. ( in b4 You are addicted because you deny it that you're addicted )

    Also it seems that it's just weed. Just look that she doesn't get like those gangsta-kiddys trying to be cool with weed. Weed sucks.
    If it's a "harder" drug tell her to drink much ( water, non alcoholic stuff ) and get her clean stuff. If she's interested she's going to try it anyways, if you're going to forbid it, she wants it even more. So option 1. Clean Stuff, no dehydration 2. racked shit, dehydration, bad trip

    Tell her she should do a little research on the drugs she's going to use and ( if possible ) to have someone to be there who was already on it, and stays clean to look after her.

    Protip: not everyone who uses drugs ends up as a heroin addict dead on a public toilet ( Well the heroin addicts excluded lol )
    ...Why would you take Acid.....and Ecstasy......ugh....


    OP I'd suggest ask why she's doing it in the first place before thinking of the banhammer.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    ...Why would you take Acid.....and Ecstasy......ugh....


    OP I'd suggest ask why she's doing it in the first place before thinking of the banhammer.
    Why not? What's your problem with other people consuming drugs?

  9. #29
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    I wouldn't say weed isn't addictive, it can be very addictive psychologically and can be pretty bad for your psychy too. I've got friends who can't go a day without smoking, and a few who have tried to stop because it gets in the way of things (severely reduces motivation etc) with resulting withdrawel, including cold sweats, nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, the list goes on. It's not the most dangerous of drugs we'll agree on that, but it's still a drug and it's not as benign as a lot of people like to claim.
    If your friends are having cold sweats and nightmares, it's not from weed. Marijuana is 100% physically non-additive. Psychologically? Absolutely, but the symptoms you described are akin to heroin/crack/meth withdrawal.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Thanks for the insult.
    If that offends you... Then idk what to say that wouldn't. But you need to come to a real conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with marijuana and it's even more pathetic to see people use the gateway drug theory to make marijuana look bad... Lets look at the gateway theory... it implies that the user will start with marijuana and get addicted to the high and search for harder drugs to get a better high... well why don't kids who take vicodin at an early age from a peewee football concussion get addicted? Why don't they get addicted to that high and try and find meth or heroin??? Why don't those 13 year olds who would steal beers from their dads fridge do anything other than beer? I still see those same people drinking beers casually... but then it comes to weed... it's the exception even when out of the 3, it's the only non physical addicting drug that has been scientifically proven... both prescription drugs and alcohol can cause you to be physically addicted.

    I just don't see where you're arguing from... was it some childhood event that caused a couple bolts to come loose? You attempt to make claims that are ridiculous and majority of your attempts to outwit me are with derogatory insults that mean little to nothing other than the fact that you're showing signs you can't continue to argue in topics you have no insight in.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    If your friends are having cold sweats and nightmares, it's not from weed. Marijuana is 100% physically non-additive. Psychologically? Absolutely, but the symptoms you described are akin to heroin/crack/meth withdrawal.
    Try smoking really strong skunk every day for 6+ years.

  12. #32
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If that offends you... Then idk what to say that wouldn't. But you need to come to a real conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with marijuana and it's even more pathetic to see people use the gateway drug theory to make marijuana look bad... Lets look at the gateway theory... it implies that the user will start with marijuana and get addicted to the high and search for harder drugs to get a better high... well why don't kids who take vicodin at an early age from a peewee football concussion get addicted? Why don't they get addicted to that high and try and find meth or heroin??? Why don't those 13 year olds who would steal beers from their dads fridge do anything other than beer? I still see those same people drinking beers casually... but then it comes to weed... it's the exception even when out of the 3, it's the only non physical addicting drug that has been scientifically proven... both prescription drugs and alcohol can cause you to be physically addicted.

    I just don't see where you're arguing from... was it some childhood event that caused a couple bolts to come loose? You attempt to make claims that are ridiculous and majority of your attempts to outwit me are with derogatory insults that mean little to nothing other than the fact that you're showing signs you can't continue to argue in topics you have no insight in.
    And you can't argue without insulting others. Nothing happened in my child hood but not sure where you think that. If anything you're getting more defensive and I'm hardly trying.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If that offends you... Then idk what to say that wouldn't. But you need to come to a real conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with marijuana and it's even more pathetic to see people use the gateway drug theory to make marijuana look bad... Lets look at the gateway theory... it implies that the user will start with marijuana and get addicted to the high and search for harder drugs to get a better high... well why don't kids who take vicodin at an early age from a peewee football concussion get addicted? Why don't they get addicted to that high and try and find meth or heroin??? Why don't those 13 year olds who would steal beers from their dads fridge do anything other than beer? I still see those same people drinking beers casually... but then it comes to weed... it's the exception even when out of the 3, it's the only non physical addicting drug that has been scientifically proven... both prescription drugs and alcohol can cause you to be physically addicted.

    I just don't see where you're arguing from... was it some childhood event that caused a couple bolts to come loose? You attempt to make claims that are ridiculous and majority of your attempts to outwit me are with derogatory insults that mean little to nothing other than the fact that you're showing signs you can't continue to argue in topics you have no insight in.
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?

  14. #34
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    It's legal in Colorado as much as I disagree with it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  15. #35
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    it's so ironic that you say she's still a baby at 17 and you're only 22...

    It's not your job to deal with this, talk with your parents.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Pft... don't even stress yourself... it's just weed, but you should be curious who she's smoking with. If it's just her friend and they have an actual pipe or some REAL smoking piece, than you're fine... Any other drug and you might have to worry, but we're talking about weed here... hell i'll be smoking up tonight and tomorrow for new years... it's no different from people sipping on wine or having a beer... Besides, I'm a straight A when it comes to weed, which isn't hard... it's not like she's going to go buckwild... if she's fairly new to weed, she'll probably take a partial hit or two and relax on a couch. If that's what you're worrying about bro, don't stress it... she's just getting high on weed, nothing to see here.
    That's very short sighted.

    In the short term of smoking a little bit of weed one evening it doesn't sound so bad, but anyone that has smoked weed knows it can easily lead to other things. If it becomes habitual it can have an effect on your surroundings. The people you spend time with, new friends and opportunities you're presented with.

    OP: if you're concerned and you obviously are, the best I can suggest is you talk to her calmly about it. Offer yourself as someone to confide in. Help to educate her directly if she's interested, or just drop some information in covertly if she's defensive about it. Try to get her to visualise her future and any effect drug taking might have on what she might want to do eventually. A lot of teenagers and some even older struggle to see past the next 10 minutes, if you have the kind of relationship where she has respect for your opinion then you can aid her in seeing how this could potentially change the course of her life.

    I would suggest threats and trying to forcably stop her is completely the wrong direction. You need to maintain a position that has influence. Try to avoid any action that could trigger rebellious ignorance.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    Illegal depending where you are in the world. There's a reason for that, the laws are stupid and anyone with a shred of sense knows that.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's legal in Colorado as much as I disagree with it.
    What are your feelings on cigarettes and alcohol? Both are more damaging. Both are legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's legal in Colorado as much as I disagree with it.
    It is illegal in the United States. Just because it is legal under Colorado law does not mean it isn't illegal in Colorado. If you cite federalism as your moral imperative, than I applaud you. But I highly doubt that is anyone's justification.

  20. #40
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    .....Which isn't even related. Everyone's had water.
    I'm making the exact same claim as someone saying that everyone who has tried harder drugs started with weed. Saying that all hard drug users have all had water follows the same train of thought ... which is bullshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •