Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Some people learn by mistakes. Smart people learn by watching other people's mistakes.
    That might be so, but what point is there in living if your not open to any and all experience.. fact remains unless you have some sort of deficency or allergy no drug is going to kill you out right on the first go or noone would fucking do them duh...

    i should of just left it at.. you only live once. that pretty much sums up my stance on drug experimentation, if you want to do it fine, but most ppl if they are smart know when to quit.. otherwise well that is just how the dice roll, i don't feel like it necessarily means you'll automatically have a shit life if you decide to go down that road.. moderation is key ofc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2012-12-30 at 07:08 PM.

  2. #62
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    May not necessarily be considered moral imperative, but in America the government has an obligation to explain why they are preventing a freedom. I can understand such drugs as meth, but marijuana is really not that dangerous of a drug.

    Anyway, on topic. OP it isn't really cool to look through your sister's phone. Don't confront her aggressively, but if you can get some information about how long she's been doing it and such, talk to her. Do NOT go to your parents. All you will do is drive a rift between you and her. As long as she is doing it with a fine crowd, she'll be fine.

  3. #63
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    Try smoking really strong skunk every day for 6+ years.
    Been there, haven't smoked for a few months now though, and not having withdrawals. Cannabis isn't physically addictive, though if you have an addictive personality you can become addicted to it in the same way that someone with an addictive personality can become addicted to food or WoW.

  4. #64
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    you say that as someone who has never done it.
    Wrong, i've tried weed; perhaps the most vastly overrated drug of all.

    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    others can lead perfectly normal lives while doing some drugs now and again - you dont think that all these hollywood stars are snorting coke?
    Others who own guns tend to lead perfectly normal lives too; the vast majority in fact. I am not against certain drugs being made legal but I am against their consumption whilst they are illegal. It's the hypocrisy i'm against with folks who tend to maintain the pro-drug position. If anything i'm neutral, but both sides have their propaganda; weed is harmful in certain circumstances and most certainly does not 'cure cancer', for example.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    And this is why you guys aren't taken with any great amount of seriousness. I wager the likes of the sober-minded Tibetan Monks have a far better insight into the 'reality' of things as opposed to some guy who takes a few hits.
    with reality I meant what happens in the nature. You start to recognise different colors again, raindrops in the water etc. It's the little things you overlook if you don't get reminded at. I havn't thought that I would miss so much about what's going on outside. But yeah, please tell me more about your tibetan monks who are getting themselves into a "high" state, just without drugs, but trying to get into that state the whole life trying to do so. Respect to them, but what makes them better then me getting into that state while eating some piece of paper?

    Are you a Tibetan monk and already have tried acid to know who has more insight in reality?

    €: You've tried weed, you're comparing it to acid (LSD) which you have never taken, and want to argue with me I don't have any insight in reality. Genius.
    Last edited by Bingbongbrothers; 2012-12-30 at 07:07 PM.
    500PX

    My Photos

  6. #66
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I am not derailing, you called me a tool and started the fire. Don't go on and insinuate I'm arrogant because I somehow dare to not think Weed is a good choice.
    IS that all you read? One word? There's much more in what I type that would make any anti-marijuana person shut up... you can't argue me... you straight up can't... but before I say you can't... will you atleast try??? You haven't even made an attempt... every reply from you is something about how you're offended... try and rebuttle the fact that prescription drugs and alcohol (both very legal) are physically addicting while marijuana isn't. Or argue why alcohol/prescription drugs are an exception in the gateway theory... why wouldn't two physically addicting drugs cause you to want to search out for a better high??? Because they're legal? I want you to try and argue, don't just type a sentence and act like you aren't trying to derail.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Both are responsible for deaths, and yet the greatest entertainment is found in the fact that there are people who believe that gun control/prohibition is perfectly feasible, whereas drug control/prohibition is an effort in futility.
    For 2 very different reasons. You can't go around killing people with drugs like you can with guns. If you prohibited guns, SURE criminals would still get their hands on them, but the general public wouldn't be able to as easily, and a lot of them wouldn't want to obviously judging from how a lot of you people in this thread stick to the law without question. With drugs, it's a question of choice. Choice of what people want to put in their bodies and do with their minds. Drug use doesn't really account for much violence, except for that caused by prohibition. They're 2 completely different things that need different approaches entirely, and don't really relate at all.

  8. #68
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Then why post?
    To reinforce the truth rather than to try and convince you, which judging from the last few posts is nigh impossible.

  9. #69
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Both are responsible for deaths, and yet the greatest entertainment is found in the fact that there are people who believe that gun control/prohibition is perfectly feasible, whereas drug control/prohibition is an effort in futility.
    I like how you're blaming arbitrary objects rather than the decisions of people themselves. Also, cannabis, which I'm sure the OP is talking about is responsibly for a whopping 0 deaths. Crazy, I know.

  10. #70
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,773
    Talk to her. Bottom line is, you can't scare anyone into avoiding anything by telling them what to do or how to live. But, you can counsel them over long periods by making sure you have VERY open lines of communication and, at the very least, you will be able to tell when her life is truly in danger or spiraling out of control. The earlier you see the signs of trouble, the better you can intervene. It's always the family members that don't have a close relationship with the incarcerated/deceased/etc. that say, "we didn't see a problem." Stay close to her and keep an eye out and let her make her own mistakes; it's all you CAN do.
    Last edited by Slummish; 2012-12-30 at 09:35 PM.

  11. #71
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why? Non-addictive, less of a health hazard than smoking or alcohol....please, explain.
    It is addictive. And you can do bad stuff when on weed. Friend of mine jumped from 3rd floor and broke his legs.
    Drugs is not a thing that should be considered as "mistake" that you "can" make to becoma an "adult" because it can fuck up your life really hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I wager he has once and what not.


    I don't drink it, IMO cause ive seen the damage it can do. My biological father was a alcoholic and caused us damage when I was just a baby.
    So now we see why you're taking that side of the argument.

  13. #73
    Wait....people still think smoking pot is bad? If she was doing meth or heroine or crack Id be concerned. But smoking something harmless is nothing to worry about. Id be more worried if it was cigarettes seeing how those kill tens of thousands of people every year. And no weed isnt a gateway drug.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I want everyone to look at this post... Everyone... this is what pro-marijuana vs anti-marijuana threads do... one side (me/ pro-marijuana) shows proof and evidence that weed is less harmful than current legal drugs, but the opposing arguer can't do anything but derail what I'm talking about... haha. I'll take my trophy good sir and bid you on your path of arrogance.
    I'm not sure anyone here is being more arrogant than you are, but I suppose that's beside the point.

    I support legalization for practical reasons, but philosophically I oppose all drug use. Personally:
    -I have never been drunk, or had enough alcohol to qualify as a "drink". The tiny amounts of alcohol I have drank have not been enough to have any effect, and I haven't even had that much in years.
    -I have never smoked anything
    -I have never taken drugs of any sort except medically, and even then only when required by a physician to do so. I only take pain medication when absolutely necessary (example: When I had my Wisdom teeth removed, and 3 other teeth beyond that, I was given Vicodin and Ibuprofen for the pain; I took 1 Ibuprofen the first day, and threw everything else out.)
    -Notwithstanding the miniscule amounts of alcohol I've had, I have never taken anything that could alter my mental state in any way.

    So hopefully, that's enough abstinence for me not to count as a hypocrite.

    The fact that marijuana may be less harmful than legal drugs (I haven't seen a lot of non-biased studies on the matter, so I reserve total judgement) is completely irrelevant. You can say something is acceptable because it's not as bad as something else that's legal. The only relevant question is: does smoking marijuana have ANY negative impact on the smoker? If yes, then it's something I oppose... though again, I do in fact support legalization, but only as a practical matter. I think there are more important things we could be spending our time and money on, and I tend to think that taxing marijuana would be more efficient than spending tax money to fight it.

    (My philosophical opposition is based on my opinion regarding voluntarily using chemicals to alter your mental state, but that's another discussion entirely.)


    As for the actual OP, just talk to her like an adult. 17 isn't a baby, and 22 isn't exactly the world's most experienced person. You both probably feel like complete adults by now, and I know when I was 17 I didn't appreciate people talking down to me like I was still a child. Find out how she feels, and what exactly she's doing... and share your concerns. In the end, it's her life to lead, so you can't force her to do what you want, but you can at least let her know you're worried about her and be there for her in case something goes wrong.

  15. #75
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,035
    You are saying that she is too young to decide herself but you could move out at the same age?

    Let her do what she wants.

  16. #76
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Laws that have not been enforced for a period of time are no longer laws. It would be struck down in court. You cannot compare the two.
    They're both laws... that a good portion of society doesn't care about... what's the difference again?

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    IS that all you read? One word? There's much more in what I type that would make any anti-marijuana person shut up... you can't argue me... you straight up can't... but before I say you can't... will you atleast try??? You haven't even made an attempt... every reply from you is something about how you're offended... try and rebuttle the fact that prescription drugs and alcohol (both very legal) are physically addicting while marijuana isn't. Or argue why alcohol/prescription drugs are an exception in the gateway theory... why wouldn't two physically addicting drugs cause you to want to search out for a better high??? Because they're legal? I want you to try and argue, don't just type a sentence and act like you aren't trying to derail.
    I already answered your question but you're so busy peacocking with this other guy that you must've missed it.

  18. #78
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I like how you're blaming arbitrary objects rather than the decisions of people themselves. Also, cannabis, which I'm sure the OP is talking about is responsibly for a whopping 0 deaths. Crazy, I know.
    Completely harmless too, yeah? Science doesn't really agree with you.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  19. #79
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    That might be so, but what point is there in living if your not open to any and all experience.. fact remains unless you have some sort of deficency or allergy no drug is going to kill you out right on the first go or noone would fucking to them duh...
    Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps people don't die the first time because they take a small dose? Have you ever heard of an overdose? Take too much cocaine or crack and you will die, even if it's your first time.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  20. #80
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Both are responsible for deaths, and yet the greatest entertainment is found in the fact that there are people who believe that gun control/prohibition is perfectly feasible, whereas drug control/prohibition is an effort in futility.
    Except, you know, drugs only affect the user.

    Also marijuana is non addictive in the way that the user will not experience physical withdraw symptoms if without for any amount of time (this is due to the way cannabis stores itself in our bodies). It's worth mentioning that the drug in this case has never been responsible for a death in recorded history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •