Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Mechagnome Shâréz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    That might be so, but what point is there in living if your not open to any and all experience..
    I will never understand the logic behind that retarded arguement.

    Do you go out and rape someone, at least once, just to experience it? Because you know, you only live once!
    Just because I say something negative in relation to your country doesn't mean I'm bashing or hating on your country. Get over it.

  2. #122
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    I just want to point out that you seem to be forgetting that streak of.. what was it, 4 murders? Of people hopped up on bathsalts and eating other people.
    To add onto this, people dying to drug overdoses aren't just hurting themselves, they're hurting all the people close to them and who loved them.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  3. #123
    Pandaren Monk Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,888
    As long as she isnt becoming an addict who then starts stealing to buy more drugs and cant be bothered to get motivated or get a job then all is fine. all things are okay in moderation... Although I haven't really done much in terms of drugs myself (I tried it and didnt like it lol) I had all my house m8s and university do tonnes or stuff and it didnt bother me what so ever. .

    My advice is be there for her, but dont smother her, let her do her thing, if things get too serious then step in and do something otherwise just be passive about it. Most kids around that age experiment and its okay for them to do so as long as they take the proper precautions and do minimally. She'll probably grow out of it sooner or later, alot of people I know that settle down drop the whole thing
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-12-30 at 07:28 PM.

  4. #124
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Something does not have to cause deaths to be harmful; simply have negative effects.

    http://healthland.time.com/2012/08/2...-a-drop-in-iq/

    Go nuts. Completely harmless stuff.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2331779.html

    Healthier than the legal substance.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So your IQ is over 136 and you don't believe that addiction is real? Either you were joking about the addiction thing or something is wrong with the IQ test you took.
    My IQ is 141. No I dont believe addiction is real and I work in the medical field. People can give up stuff any time they want. They just choose not to. All it takes is a strong will to beat anything. I mean how many people have used their willpower to stop drinking or stop doing drugs. Now compare that to how many people have just willed away a terminal disease? A disease is something that needs to be treated in order for it to be cured. Like I said people stop drinking or smoking every single day without any help. That means there was never anything wrong with them. But how many people go to sleep with cancer and then wake up the next day and its magically gone without them ever getting treatment?

  6. #126
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Most of the people I knew growing up didn't even do this. Hell, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't do drugs. I have no desire to, and I have never had any desire to because it's a waste of money and I've seen how fucked up people look doing it. Many of my friends could say the same.

    There absolutely is something you can do. Some parents out there actually know how to raise a kid right, and those parents can absolutely teach a kid not to do drugs the same way they teach a kid not to do anything else that's "bad." Now, I don't know what the relationship between this guy and his sister is like, so I don't know if he specifically can do anything that will stop her.

    Some people learn by mistakes. Smart people learn by watching other people's mistakes.
    And where is the fun in all of that? Agreed you can have fun sober, but does that mean all fun needs to happen while sober?

    Drinking and smoking makes you sociallize more, I've seen shy, boring, introvert people turn into fun, happy extroverts after a few beers/ a joint. I've seen shy guys who where to scared of girls, kissing the girl of their dreams after they had a bit of booz for courage.

    Why does everything needs to be so serious? Why aren't you allowed to make mistakes? You say you learn by watching other people's mistakes,
    I say you are wrong. You only got a few tips. Those people you see acting like drunk fucks, happen to have a good time.

    You can't fully learn to understand something if you never tried it or fucked it up a bit.
    You can't say drugs are bad unless you have atleast tried some. I don't say you have to, but keep your closeminded views for yourself, if you don't know something you shouldn't comment about it.

  7. #127
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2331779.html

    Healthier than the legal substance.
    Alcohol is bad for your brain? Explains my university population.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I don't see portrayals. I just see someone on the internet. Again you're going on a rant.
    What exactly are you arguing then??? Give me something to argue and I promise I will... You cannot find something about weed that can't be argued... find me a reason for why I should be like you and believe that marijuana should remain illegal... please.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    I will never understand the logic behind that retarded arguement.

    Do you go out and rape someone, at least once, just to experience it? Because you know, you only live once!
    you wont understand this retarded statement because you just broadened a drug experimentation related argument into everything, so let me ask you, do you think doing drugs is the same as going out and raping someone? see how that works?

  10. #130
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    To add onto this, people dying to drug overdoses aren't just hurting themselves, they're hurting all the people close to them and who loved them.
    Point is, you can't die of weed alone. To have an overdose of TLC (the working drug in weed) you would need to smoke close to your own body weight in about an hour (this is physicly impossible btw).

    I agree, drugs like heroine are bad and your stupid if you start with that poisen. But I know a lot of people who've taken their fair share of soft-drugs. And most of them are fine.(you have those 1/20 fuckups but they wouldn't find a job even if they'd never taken drugs in their entire life)

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    You don't understand the theory of it being a gateway drug, or you are conveniently ignoring part of it.

    In your examples the person's situation doesn't change. They don't need to hang around with dealers and other Vicodin users to take their Vicodin for a concussion. They wont find themselves at a Vicodin party where people are also snorting cough syrup.

    No one is suggesting that weed will ALWAYS lead to other drugs for everyone just that it does, sometimes, for some people.
    Caffeine, Nicotine, and Alcohol are the leading gateway drugs. Know your facts. I bet you let your kid(s) have Soda/Pop. Caffeine is the most consumed drug in the world. Ever see the picture of spider webs of various intoxicated spiders? Caffeine was the worst.

    Gateway drug argument is bullshit. As you said it yourself, it all is dependent on the person. Now what would that issue be, ADDICTION. It seem more like you have an Addiction Issue, more than a Drug Issue.

    Let's address the reason for Addiction and we can talk. No one wants to touch that ground though. Rather just lock everything in a sealed room, then deal with personal issues that lead to drug use anyways.

    The problem is never the drugs, it's the reason we take them.

  12. #132
    if it's weed, you shouldn't worry unless she's really addicted
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  13. #133
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Alcohol is bad for your brain? Explains my university population.
    The more I read your post, the more I think you should get drunk. They should invite you to a party or something.

  14. #134
    Pandaren Monk Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,888
    Living Stright Edge life is the new high, drugs and drink are so 10 years ago :P

  15. #135
    Kids will be kids. As long as you know whats going on then you can step in and interfere if things get harder or out of control. Pushing to hard might make that a lot harder to notice since she will hide it away from you. But it wouldn't be a horrible idea to have a big brother talk with her in private about what you think about whats going on and to make sure she understands exactly what she is getting into and where certain lines need to be drawn. Make it clear your willing to help if things get out of control. Let her know that you will give her a ride or pick her up if she isn't in a good situation or to messed up to drive herself. It will allow you to keep tabs on the situation and interfere outright if you feel things are going beyond one of those lines you discussed earlier during that big brother talk.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    So if somebody gets run over by a car and has THC in their system, would you consider that a cannabis related death? I swear a lot of you are caught up in the reefer madness propaganda and think that this is some demon drug because of DARE campaigns or whatever. Seriously, the link I provided has all the information you want, including marijuana as a SUSPECTED contributing factor, and the number's still far less than much more common prescription medications, not to mention the keyword SUSPECTED.

    You'll stop at nothing to demonize cannabis, won't you?
    Possibly. Cannabis inhibits your awareness. They might not have stepped out into the road had they not been smoking.

    I'm not trying to demonise cannabis. My response was in reply to you arguing against someone suggesting it was harmful. You can't honestly believe it has never caused harm?

  17. #137
    Stood in the Fire raechuul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    469
    You moved in with your girlfriend at age 17, yet you call your 17 year old sister a baby? If it's just weed or cigarettes, whatever. Most of the kids in my high school experimented with those and grew out of it.

    Just keep her away from the harder stuff.

    Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

  18. #138
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,098
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    And where is the fun in all of that? Agreed you can have fun sober, but does that mean all fun needs to happen while sober?

    Drinking and smoking makes you sociallize more, I've seen shy, boring, introvert people turn into fun, happy extroverts after a few beers/ a joint. I've seen shy guys who where to scared of girls, kissing the girl of their dreams after they had a bit of booz for courage.

    Why does everything needs to be so serious? Why aren't you allowed to make mistakes? You say you learn by watching other people's mistakes,
    I say you are wrong. You only got a few tips. Those people you see acting like drunk fucks, happen to have a good time.

    You can't fully learn to understand something if you never tried it or fucked it up a bit.
    You can't say drugs are bad unless you have atleast tried some. I don't say you have to, but keep your closeminded views for yourself, if you don't know something you shouldn't comment about it.
    I'd rather be sober and not high/drunk/insane whatever. I mean you're partially insinuating if you want to have fun get drunk/high etc etc. Drinking and smoking doesn't make everyone socialize so that argument is really silly as it doesn't work for everyone. Why does everything have to be meaningless, some things are serious believe it or not. People are allowed to make mistakes but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and prevent them.

    And I say you're wrong, people acting like drunk *fucks* may be having fun during intoxication(High drunk whatever you get the point) are free inhibition. I don't think he's closeminded, I think he just wants to stay healthy and well minded or lack of a better term.


    What exactly are you arguing then??? Give me something to argue and I promise I will... You cannot find something about weed that can't be argued... find me a reason for why I should be like you and believe that marijuana should remain illegal... please.
    You already convinced yourself, you don't need any convincing from me. Why would you unless you're secretly disappointed with yourself.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  19. #139
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The problem is never the drugs, it's the reason we take them.
    I like that sentence

  20. #140
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Possibly. Cannabis inhibits your awareness. They might not have stepped out into the road had they not been smoking.

    I'm not trying to demonise cannabis. My response was in reply to you arguing against someone suggesting it was harmful. You can't honestly believe it has never caused harm?
    I never said it was harmless, I said it's been the primary cause of 0 recorded deaths. Why do you guys insist on putting words in my mouth that I never said?

    Also, cannabis makes you a hell of a lot more cautious (or paranoid, if you prefer). The typical weed smoker will look both ways... 3 times before crossing a street, lol. Aimlessly walking into the street without looking is something a drunk person would definitely do, however.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2012-12-30 at 07:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •