Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    My IQ is 141. No I dont believe addiction is real and I work in the medical field.
    Hope by "I work in the medical field" means that you clean the floor.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2012-12-30 at 07:35 PM.

  2. #142
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Drinking and smoking makes you sociallize more, I've seen shy, boring, introvert people turn into fun, happy extroverts after a few beers/ a joint. I've seen shy guys who where to scared of girls, kissing the girl of their dreams after they had a bit of booz for courage.
    I've also seen people turn into violent animals and punch each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Why does everything needs to be so serious? Why aren't you allowed to make mistakes? You say you learn by watching other people's mistakes,
    You're allowed to make mistakes and learn by them. I'm just saying it's not always the smartest thing to do. I don't need to actually pass out drunk in the hallway in a pool of my own piss to conclude that I might end up like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I say you are wrong. You only got a few tips. Those people you see acting like drunk fucks, happen to have a good time.
    And sometimes that fun comes at the expense of other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I don't say you have to, but keep your closeminded views for yourself, if you don't know something you shouldn't comment about it.
    I've never tried raping someone, so I guess I have no right to comment about what we should do with rapists.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    Legal in WA.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Hope by "I work in the meidcal field" means that you clean the floor.
    You're an idiot. I have an extremely intelligent friend whom I smoked weed with all through high school. You know where he is now? Bachelors in engineering and has been in medical school for 3 years now.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana


  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Possibly. Cannabis inhibits your awareness. They might not have stepped out into the road had they not been smoking.

    I'm not trying to demonise cannabis. My response was in reply to you arguing against someone suggesting it was harmful. You can't honestly believe it has never caused harm?
    The only harm weed has caused is by the American Governments Schedule 1 label and the families it tears apart in the wake.

    Sorry, you cannot stand there and claim there isn't a double standard in the Government, with products like Cigarettes and Alcohol on the market. We are in Prohibition v2.0 with Weed right now. It needs to stop and the misinformation needs to stop.

  5. #145
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Point is, you can't die of weed alone. To have an overdose of TLC (the working drug in weed) you would need to smoke close to your own body weight in about an hour (this is physicly impossible btw).

    I agree, drugs like heroine are bad and your stupid if you start with that poisen. But I know a lot of people who've taken their fair share of soft-drugs. And most of them are fine.(you have those 1/20 fuckups but they wouldn't find a job even if they'd never taken drugs in their entire life)
    I know you can't die from weed, that post was more of a general statement about illicit drugs as a whole. I also worded my statement to only speak about people who died, not everyone who does drugs.

    And the alcohol thing... nah I'd rather not. You know that anesthetic they give you at the dentist's when they pull a tooth? That shit makes me act like a total idiot, I can only imagine what I would do while drunk.

    Edit: While it probably doesn't seem like it from the way I've been posting, I'm actually for legalizing weed. I don't like it, but as others have already pointed out it's really not deadly at all. I'm absolutely against hard drugs though.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  6. #146
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The only harm weed has caused is by the American Governments Schedule 1 label and the families it tears apart in the wake.

    Sorry, you cannot stand there and claim there isn't a double standard in the Government, with products like Cigarettes and Alcohol on the market. We are in Prohibition v2.0 with Weed right now. It needs to stop and the misinformation needs to stop.
    How about misinformation on both sides. It's not like the government is da evil government in certain movies.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Get out of here with your strawmen. You have to change my argument to even try and refute it, which I find comical.
    Look at the post I quoted of yours. You quoted Alenarian who said "Completely harmless too, yeah? Science doesn't really agree with you." You responded with "There are 0 recorded deaths due to THC/cannabis. Mind replying with something to counter that rather than throwing out strawmen?". I responded to your direct statement with the sources I linked, and the implied statement you were making with my following paragraph. In later posts you did in fact admit that Marijuana is completely harmless, but those posts were written as I was posting mine. In none of the posts preceding the one I quoted, which was the last one I read before making my post, did you say that Marijuana is not harmless.

    Before leaping down my throat with your "Strawmen" line again, try considering the implications of the post I was actually responding to. When you respond to someone saying "Marijuana is not harmless" with "it has caused zero deaths", there are two possible implications: that you believe marijuana is harmless because it hasn't killed anyone, or that you acknowledge that it's potentially harmful but not as bad as other drugs which to lead to deaths. Based on the posts you had made up to that point, I assumed you were making the former implication. Clearly, you meant the latter... so for making an incorrect deduction based on what you had said up to that point, I apologize.

    I never once said that the government is a moral authority, nor will I ever say such a thing. If I were the type to be offended in threads like this, I would be highly offended that you would even suggest such a belief on my part. Legality and morality are not in any way related. I linked four sources, only two of which were governmental inherently, as sources of other information. Of the sites you link, the best is cdc.gov, not because the government is a moral authority, but because they have little reason to lie (medicalmarijuana.procon.org is going to be as biased in favor of marijuana as drugwatch.org is against; I linked those sources only because they were easy to find.)

    The only thing that you said that I set out to directly refute was that Marijuana has caused no deaths. Small sample size doesn't change the fact that you made an absolute statement; it would take only a single death to prove your statement wrong.

    So, what do we have left? We both agree that Marijuana is less harmful than toboacco or alcohol, but is still potentially harmful. We both agree that it's less physically addictive than alcohol and tobacco, and in fact is less addictive even than caffeine. Given that I had already stated my position in support of legalization, I'm not really sure what's left that we disagree on, other than whether or not Marijuana has caused any deaths.

    Edit: I suppose my philosophical/personal beliefs against using such things would be a point of disagreement, but as I don't expect others to abide by beliefs/philosophies I hardly think that counts.

    (Mostly, I hate absolute statements like "Marijuana has caused zero deaths", because in general they're unlikely to be true. If you had said "Marijuana has caused fewer deaths than either Tobacco or Alcohol", I probably wouldn't have blinked an eye.)
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2012-12-30 at 07:39 PM.

  8. #148
    Fluffy Kitten Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    9,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Caffeine, Nicotine, and Alcohol are the leading gateway drugs. Know your facts. I bet you let your kid(s) have Soda/Pop. Caffeine is the most consumed drug in the world. Ever see the picture of spider webs of various intoxicated spiders? Caffeine was the worst. .
    You're misrepresenting the gateway drug argument. Marijuana is illegal in the majority of the US.. which means that people have to get it from street dealers. Street dealers ultimately are profit-motivated, so in quite a few instances, usually in inner city populations, they're going to be carrying more than one substance. The gateway argument is that when someone goes to buy marijuana, they can be offered much harder drugs at a low price because ultimately, if a dealer can get someone hooked, its a long term profit investment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Alcohol is bad for your brain? Explains my university population.
    Hey... I'm a fairly regular drinker, and I'm in a doctorate program =/. So hurtful.

  9. #149
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'd rather be sober and not high/drunk/insane whatever. I mean you're partially insinuating if you want to have fun get drunk/high etc etc.

    And I say you're wrong, people acting like drunk *fucks* may be having fun during intoxication(High drunk whatever you get the point) are free inhibition. I don't think he's closeminded, I think he just wants to stay healthy and well minded or lack of a better term.
    I'd didn't insinuate that the only fun you can have is while intoxicated. I can get my shot of endorfine without the use of drugs, its easy. But weed and alcohol make the shots of endorfine al the more intense, different, eye opening.

    Btw endorfine is the drug your body produces when you feel happy. Drugs are part of life, part of evolution. Drugs have been around ever since the first primate, al trough evolution and human history.
    You name a civilization, you can bet there was a drug around that was important to their economy(legal or illegal).

    Even animals have been known to use drugs.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.

    it's addictive? LOL

    wanna know what is addictive? cigs
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  11. #151
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The only harm weed has caused is by the American Governments Schedule 1 label and the families it tears apart in the wake.

    Sorry, you cannot stand there and claim there isn't a double standard in the Government, with products like Cigarettes and Alcohol on the market. We are in Prohibition v2.0 with Weed right now. It needs to stop and the misinformation needs to stop.
    Not to mention they hold the patent for the medical use of marijuana. It's quite silly when you see how hypocritical our government is.

  12. #152
    Fluffy Kitten Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    9,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The only harm weed has caused is by the American Governments Schedule 1 label and the families it tears apart in the wake.

    Sorry, you cannot stand there and claim there isn't a double standard in the Government, with products like Cigarettes and Alcohol on the market. We are in Prohibition v2.0 with Weed right now. It needs to stop and the misinformation needs to stop.
    Yes, the evil government which banned alcohol and then was forced figuratively at gunpoint to bring it back due to the public outcry of the people.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why? Non-addictive, less of a health hazard than smoking or alcohol....please, explain.
    If she gets caught, it might ruin her life.
    I'm assuming this is happening in a place where it is illegal for 17 year old to have it on her when police notices.

  14. #154
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    Why not? What's your problem with other people consuming drugs?
    Perhaps they care about other people and don't like the idea of people inflicting harm upon themselves.

    OP, just talk with her about it. Make sure she is safe and don't hound her over it, just let her know you are concerned and available if she wants to talk. The last thing you want to happen is her to feel like you're attacking her choices, if she is experimenting with drugs she needs someone who cares about her and she trusts in case things do take a turn for the worse. The worst thing you can do in this situation is make her feel like she can't trust anyone, I do not have any experience with drug experimentation but I have a hell of a lot with trust issues and can tell you it gets very bad when you don't even trust yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.

  15. #155
    Mechagnome Shâréz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you wont understand this retarded statement because you just broadened a drug experimentation related argument into everything, so let me ask you, do you think doing drugs is the same as going out and raping someone? see how that works?
    So you're saying that stuff like "any and all experiences in life" and "you only live once" only refers to what you want it to refer to?
    Just because I say something negative in relation to your country doesn't mean I'm bashing or hating on your country. Get over it.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    and alcohol is legal

    xD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  17. #157
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    You're an idiot. I have an extremely intelligent friend whom I smoked weed with all through high school. You know where he is now? Bachelors in engineering and has been in medical school for 3 years now.
    We're not attacking Dabrix's statement because we think weed is addictive, it's not. We're attacking it because he seems to think addiction itself doesn't exist. Go ahead, tell me that smoking cigs and drinking alcohol isn't addictive.

    Also, why does your friend having a bachelors in engineering have anything to do with this?
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  18. #158
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,612
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'd didn't insinuate that the only fun you can have is while intoxicated. I can get my shot of endorfine without the use of drugs, its easy. But weed and alcohol make the shots of endorfine al the more intense, different, eye opening.

    Btw endorfine is the drug your body produces when you feel happy. Drugs are part of life, part of evolution. Drugs have been around ever since the first primate, al trough evolution and human history.
    You name a civilization, you can bet there was a drug around that was important to their economy(legal or illegal).

    Even animals have been known to use drugs.

    Are you comparing Endorphines to smoking weed? Wat

    it's addictive? LOL

    wanna know what is addictive? cigs
    Weed may not be physically but psychologically it is.

    Cigs...I believe it's both.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  19. #159
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Hey... I'm a fairly regular drinker, and I'm in a doctorate program =/. So hurtful.
    Sorry. It was meant as a joke.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    How about misinformation on both sides. It's not like the government is da evil government in certain movies.
    Weed can harm people, as much as Caffeine or any other prescription drug. You have outlier cases of harm. So is it the Drug or the person? The Government won't allow studies to be done here in America, to swing it one way or the other.

    Though, from the numerous studies from peer reviewed medical journals, Weed is far more beneficial then harmful, in most cases.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •