Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because politics isn't about what's best for the country; it's about being reelected. Smoking is such an intrinsically connected factor of US culture, in a vast variety of areas, that even despite the irrefutable and numerous negatives assigned to smoking you're going to have to have massive changes in the voter base before you can get a solid number of politicians to implement its ban. Then there's the problem that, because it is so massively addicted, what are you going to do with the millions of addicts once it is banned?
    Trow them in jail! The sinfull law-breakers!

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No. As 17 she's a kid and needs someone to make her realize the bad choices.
    Really few people can see that by themseves at such age.
    At 17 you're not an adult, I agree. But you aren't a kid either. Stop tendering "the children" so much, let them make their own mistakes goddamnit, they need to learn to fall and pick themselves up again.
    This doesn't mean you should ignore them, you should be there for them whenever they need you, but most of the time they don't need you, they want to be left alone, they want to be young.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2012-12-30 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    No I compared it to drugs, because it is in essence a drug produced by our body. The most addictive drug on the planet. A huge part of your body functions by releasing specific drugs in your brain at a specific time. This is why chocolate makes you happy, chocolate is full of drugs that are called ingredients. And being a Belgian I know my "chocolate" ^^
    Yeah....funny how that doesn't make me *happy*.

By far, it's crazy right.

The Nicotine for starters, far more tar, and with the additives. Yeah, weed is cleaner, and far safer then Tobacco.
    It's still harmful, not as much as tobacco but still harmful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Actually, the one bad part about weed, is that it usually can't be smoked without tobacco. The tobacco part makes it nasty.
    What? That's completely untrue. Who told you that? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    I have known many teenagers who started with weed and loved getting high . Then when the oppertunity came along they moved onto the next best high ...does not happen to all but ask ANY hard drug user what they started with and you will get 100% across the board they started smoking weed with friends in junior/high school ....btw used to be a Drug and Alcohol counselor.
    Bull-shit. They started drinking first in almost every single case. Alcohol is the true gateway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    Illegal depending where you are in the world. There's a reason for that, the laws are stupid and anyone with a shred of sense knows that.
    It's also legal to have sex with 14 year olds in some parts of the world. There's a reason for that, the laws are stupid and anyone with a shred of sense knows that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Actually, the one bad part about weed, is that it usually can't be smoked without tobacco. The tobacco part makes it nasty.
    What? What are you referring to when you say you can't smoke weed without tobacco? I have asthma... I can't smoke any tobacco, that smoke would kill me.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    is (anyone else) really bothered "by the OPs" (punctuation) to the point of wanting to "punch" him in (the face)?
    - its really annoying me -
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    just a FYI guys, some people actually CAN handle drugs. been using drugs for years, done all except heroin (wanna wait till I'm older with this one). I am not addicted to anything (except caffeine ;p)

make SURE you KNOW what you're taking, make sure you dose properly, OBEY HARM REDUCTION RULES (!!!) and you'll be fine.

no, really, you'll be fine.

not every drug user is a useless junkie with no teeth, you can use drugs regularly and have a perfectly normal life.

now, with that said, DRUGS ARE BAD.

OP, I don't really know what advice to give you. she probably WILL be trying shit, whether you like it or not. If you are really concerned, best you can do is educate yourself on drugs and keep and eye on her so
    she stays away from evil shit like crystal meth and heroin. And don't panic either, I know a lot of people that tried weed and will never touch it again - just not their thing.

P.S. I know some of you people don't like to be reminded but
    alcohol is a hard drug.
    Drugs are as bad as guns or fast cars, you got it ye, they are not bad, it's only bad the person who uses those wrong.

Alcohol a hard drug? That was plain fun

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Tobacco is much more harmful the smoking weed?
    Tobacco is no different than weed, what makes it harmful is what companies do to the tobacco plant/leaf. If weed was legal given time they would do the same thing to it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Drugs are as bad as guns or fast cars, you got it ye, they are not bad, it's only bad the person who uses those wrong.

Alcohol a hard drug? That was plain fun
    A hard drug is usually a drug that has the potential to kill you or mess you up bad... alcohol does both of those.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Tobacco is no different than weed, what makes it harmful is what companies do to the tobacco plant/leaf. If weed was legal given time they would do the same thing to it as well.

Tobacco is worse than maria for one.

Tobacco can kill you, maria simply can not.

-----------

Btw, I've never taken any kind of drugs, jsut because I do not need/want them. But c'mon people, get real, weeds can kill jsut as much as a fast car or a gun, just as I already said.
    Last edited by shise; 2012-12-30 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Aside from the fact that you can get cancer from tobacco regardless of whether nicotine is in it... whereas weed you can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Aside from the fact that you can get cancer from tobacco regardless of whether nicotine is in it... whereas weed you can't.

Until the weed apocalypse.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And that's why you're much better off consuming space cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because politics isn't about what's best for the country; it's about being reelected. Smoking is such an intrinsically connected factor of US culture, in a vast variety of areas, that even despite the irrefutable and numerous negatives assigned to smoking you're going to have to have massive changes in the voter base before you can get a solid number of politicians to implement its ban. Then there's the problem that, because it is so massively addicted, what are you going to do with the millions of addicts once it is banned?
    So you are going with the Lemming argument. Intrinsic to the culture makes it O.K.? That is my point, it's hypocritical. Outlier cases of weed harm, aren't even 50/50 with the benefits it has medically. Every study I have seen, it's far more beneficial.

I'm not saying Weed needs to be in Supermarkets. Though, when I see Cigs are, yeah I am going to have to say the Government really is covering something up here. I'm pro medical use for responsible adults. Get a card, get it from medical shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Thank you for affirming that arguements like that are indeed retarded and illogical.
    you didn't have to be mean, you know that the argument itself is sound, and i accept that some ppl want to live pure strait lives and die in purity.

although how can i say this. after being a pot smoker for a few years and not waking up dead i feel that it has added some EXTRA enjoyment to what is already an enjoyable existence.

you can play ignorant and string what i said to mean absolutely anything but at the end of the day, its up to his sister whether or not she decides to not experiment with drugs or not.

I see drugs as another side to life really, a bit like going on holiday, you might go on holiday and get killed you might go to work and have a plane crash into your office. you might get run over by a car or get a horrible illness and die, in the end smoking a few joints really isn't going to affect the outcome too much.

It's still harmful, not as much as tobacco but still harmful.
    Then why is Tobacco on the Supermarket shelves?

Just looking through this thread there are so many misconceptions about weed. If it were legal, we could have a more serious and open discussion about it which would prevent some of this ignorance.

Deleted
    Well there are loads of people who think its fun to be intoxicated, who are you to say that their fun is wrong? Just because you think drugs are bad does not mean that they are fundamently wrong. People will always take drugs, the harder you make it for them to get relativly unharmfull drugs the more they will take harddrugs.

You know what would happen when you make it legal to sell pot to 18year olds and beer to 16 year olds? You'll see a decline in young people taking harder drugs, and you'll see a lot less binchdrinking amongst 16+ (I know this because 16+ are allowed to buy beer over here, so most of them don't drink it or drink it in normal amounts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why is Tobacco on the Supermarket shelves?

You're asking me that? You'd be better asking our Gods then that.

Well there are loads of people who think its fun to be intoxicated, who are you to say that their fun is wrong? Just because you think drugs are bad does not mean that they are fundamently wrong. People will always take drugs, the harder you make it for them to get relativly unharmfull drugs the more they will take harddrugs.
    Yeah and I don't think it's fun, doesn't mean you should force it down my throat either. Even if it was legalized Countrywide it wouldn't stop people smoking it cause it is deh illegal.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-30 at 08:01 PM.

Warrior-Magi