Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Humanity should learn of mistakes made in the history, making mistakes is part of being a human and growing up. Humankind is still growing up, but its a slow learner, thats why we still have religion.
    That doesn't mean they shouldn't try and prevent mistakes.

Just quit posting, you have run out of steam with your pointless banter. You have no argument and have been posting tripe just to argue.

Fact is, Drugs are a personal choice. Choices much worse then smoking a little weed can be made. Know the person before you pick that battle.
    I can post whenver I wish Joker Fiend, you're not in charge here. I was actually trying to be serious but you are so angry and hostile against me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    Here we go with the "weed will solve all the worlds problems" again. Heres a news flash IT CAN GET YOU ARRESTED. I dont care if its addictive or not or if it will make you into Mr. Universe getting busted for possesion or distribution affects your future. Try going to a job interview with that on your record when the guy who may be less qualified than you doesnt. Good luck in the current market.
    My brother and I got done with our masters a couple years ago and I'm working a job at 45 dollars an hour... Weed sure has messed up my life hahahahaha... only week minded individuals get sucked into the drug world... you can't blame a drug... what you can blame is the reason for why they took the drug, whether it be to help them get over a lost one or they're just depressed, that's how the addiction starts when the person believes they need the drug... not the drug itself. You can argue with your stereotypes, but at the end of the day, I'm doing the exact opposite of what you'd love to portray stoners doing... I might smoke like them, but I'm still living a better life than most people sober.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I don't consider weed to be really that harmful, and fully support it's legalization she is just 17 like you said. Sit down with her, be honest. Do not try to instill fear into her over it. The best thing to do is be open and honest. That way she won't feel judged or persecuted, and will hopefully feel she can confide in you. You need to prepare yourself for her not opening up to you, but hope that she does. That is the best thing, her being able to talk to you about what she is getting into, what she is experimenting with. Once that communication is gone, then you need to worry.

Kids her age do tend to experiment, and there isn't much you can do about it. Just give her the facts, and tell her you hope she makes the right decision for herself. She is young and has plenty of time to make adult decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Because tobacco and alcohol are socially accepted and other drugs are not (yet) in most countries.
    But why is weed illegal with those other drugs on the market?

If you think weed isn't socially acceptable, I find that funny. Light one up around some people, you are acquainted with, and find out people smoke weed. A LOT OF PEOPLE SMOKE WEED. About as many that drink Alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    THC, the active ingredient in cannabis, has measured and proven links to nasty side-effects. Just because some legal drugs are worse doesn't mean you should just not give a shit about what cannabis can do to your own health. If you do believe that then dodging traffic during rush hour on a motorway is less dangerous than walking through Somalia while wearing a tu-tu with Rebecca Black blasting through a speaker strapped to your forehead.

Go have fun on the roads, you crazy logic people!

As for the OP; Taking your sisters phone and looking through it is the sort of stuff that would alienate any advice you could give. Assuming she doesn't know you are breaching her privacy in such a manner, the main risk for her, in my opinion, is that users of softcore drugs often get to know users of hardcore drugs, as hardcore users will use cannabis or be the ones selling it, more than likely.

I don't think you can do much to curb her curiosity, but you could do more to prevent her from going deeper in to the drug use culture through the people well and truly trapped within it. The less she is exposed to that, the less likely curiosity and selective truth from those hard drug users will drive her curiosity on to very wrong stuff.
    And attempting to swallow a big mac in one bite is more harmful than trying to drown in a 1" puddle... see what I did there... I made absolutely no sense just like what you did. You fail to realize the "less harmful" argument only goes towards current legal drugs... such as presciption pills, alcohol and cigs. All those legal drugs, Kill... weed... it simply can't kill.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I hate to be the barer of reality packaged in a fictional movie but I guess being sane is the only response here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9AHQXh_RM
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And attempting to swallow a big mac in one bite is more harmful than trying to drown in a 1" puddle... see what I did there... I made absolutely no sense just like what you did. You fail to realize the "less harmful" argument only goes towards current legal drugs... such as presciption pills, alcohol and cigs. All those legal drugs, Kill... weed... it simply can't kill.
    I don't believe he mentioned the word kill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you miss the it can get you arrested part? If you get arrested for possesion or distribution will you get to keep your 45 an hour job? No one is picking on dope heads least of all me but, you seem a bit over sensitive about it. Try reading my post again just a bit more slowly and with less defense. How can you argue that it is illegal and can affect your future if you get caught?
    My brother and I got done with our masters a couple years ago and I'm working a job at 45 dollars an hour... Weed sure has messed up my life hahahahaha... only week minded individuals get sucked into the drug world... you can't blame a drug... what you can blame is the reason for why they took the drug, whether it be to help them get over a lost one or they're just depressed, that's how the addiction starts when the person believes they need the drug... not the drug itself. You can argue with your stereotypes, but at the end of the day, I'm doing the exact opposite of what you'd love to portray stoners doing... I might smoke like them, but I'm still living a better life than most people sober.

the addictive part is the person fault, not the drug at all
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    So at 17, you got to move out? But at 17 she can't smoke? You left when you were 17, that's 5 years ago.. I'd let her parents handle it now.. Seeing as how you kinda just split.. Doesn't seem like it gives you much room to say or do anything about it.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    That doesn't mean they shouldn't try and prevent mistakes.
    Indeed they should, they should focus on mistakes that can be truly damaging (the enviroment, the economy). And stop this silly war on drugs that costs more lives then it saves, look at mexico, all those gang deaths are because of the illegal traffic of drugs, if they where legal, there wouldn't be any gang violence because there would be no illegal (black) money in it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    But why is weed illegal with those other drugs on the market?

If you think weed isn't socially acceptable, I find that funny. Light one up around some people, you are acquainted with, and find out people smoke weed. A LOT OF PEOPLE SMOKE WEED. About as many that drink Alcohol.
    One of the many mysteries in the world.

Also, I'm Dutch - weed is 'legal' here.

Regardless of the opinions of yourself or others she will do drugs if she chooses to. Ensure you let her know that you are not ok with it, but if she ever gets into trouble with drugs you will always be there to support her and help her.

People need to live their lives and make mistakes for themselves, just be there to help her if she ever needs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Indeed they should, they should focus on mistakes that can be truly damaging (the enviroment, the economy). And stop this silly war on drugs that costs more lives then it saves, look at mexico, all those gang deaths are because of the illegal traffic of drugs, if they where legal, there wouldn't be any gang violence because there would be no illegal (black) money in it.
    Uhh the environment and the economy isn't just damaging. If you want to stop the gang war violence FINE that's a good reason aside from "cause I can."

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    the addictive part is the person fault, not the drug at all
    i wouldn't say 'fault' but yeah.

if your life is ok and you don't have any major problems, chances you get addicted (to anything) are drastically lower then with unhappy person.

i believe many people get addicted while attempting to self-medicate. at first it even kinda works. but then they lose control.

Deleted
    She's not doing anything wrong. You should encourage her, not condemn what she's doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    Did you miss the it can get you arrested part? If you get arrested for possesion or distribution will you get to keep your 45 an hour job? No one is picking on dope heads least of all me but, you seem a bit over sensitive about it. Try reading my post again just a bit more slowly and with less defense. How can you argue that it is illegal and can affect your future if you get caught?
    How am i supposed to get arrested when it's 100% perfectly legal for me because I'm an OMMP... Oregon Medicinal Marijuana Patient... do I really need it for some disease... no... but It sure as hell makes me feel safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Actually, the one bad part about weed, is that it usually can't be smoked without tobacco. The tobacco part makes it nasty.
    dafuq do you smoke?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    so you are calling a 17 year old a " baby" and even taking her phone ? I like how you respect her Privacy.. oh wait. Seriously if you were my Brother you would have earned a nice Slap in the Face

10+ Year Old Account
    How am i supposed to get arrested when it's 100% perfectly legal for me because I'm an OMMP... Oregon Medicinal Marijuana Patient... do I really need it for some disease... no... but It sure as hell makes me feel safer.
    ...How are you a Medical Marijuana Patient. Generally that would mean you take it for a disease and not for recrational use.

Warrior-Magi