Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Netanyahu vows to continue illegal settlement activity

http://rt.com/news/netanyahu-settlem...jerusalem-660/

The Israeli prime minister has vowed to continue building settlements in the “Israeli capital of Jerusalem,” defying near-unanimous international criticism of the illegal activity in retaliation for Palestine's upgraded UN status.

*In an interview with Israeli Channel 2, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threw internationally-recognized boundaries to the wind, saying that the Western Wall, which lies in a part of UN-administered Jerusalem occupied by Israel in 1967, “is not occupied territory” – and that he “does not care” what the United Nations has to say about it.

Netanyahu added that all Israeli citizens live “in the Jewish state,” and that “the capital of the Jewish state, for 3,000 years, has been Jerusalem,” as cited by the Jerusalem Post.

He went on to defend the planned construction of settlements near Jerusalem – in Gilo, formerly West Bank land occupied by Israel in 1967, and Ramat Shlomo, which was taken from Jordan the same year. “What future awaits Israel if we cannot build in Gilo and Ramat Shlomo?” he said.

Both of the planned construction sites are situated within the Israeli-drawn boundaries of Jerusalem, but outside the “green line” segregating Israel from the West Bank.

The schemes to build there, in the E1 area east of Jerusalem, and in the Ethiopian Jewish community Givat HaMatos have brought international criticism and condemnation of the Israeli administration.

“So we, the state of the Jews, cannot build in our capital? I don't accept that,” Netanyahu said during the interview, as reported by AAP.

The prime minister also pointed to the fact that the expedited construction plans are retaliation for the Palestinians' upgraded status at the United Nations.

In November, the UN General Assembly awarded Palestine non-member observer state status. With this move, Netanyahu says, the Palestinians “simply tore to pieces all the agreements with us,” recalling that he had warned that Israel would not react by “sitting with its arms folded.”

Regardless of Israel's claims to Jerusalem as its capital, the international community recognizes Tel Aviv as the capital of Israel, with no country having an embassy in Jerusalem. At the same time, Palestinians claim East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.

The Israeli prime minister has repeatedly accused Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas of obstructing peace talks. Abbas has refused to negotiate unless Netanyahu and his government adhere to certain preconditions, among which is falling in line with international law by way of a settlement freeze.

Oh look, more endorsement of illegal activity from the jingoist PM of Israel.

Deleted
    This is what happens when religion meets politics ...

I'd like to see Israel turned into a parking lot.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-23 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Netanyahu is a joke, well a disaster even. He is a disgrace for mankind.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Didn't his brother get killed in Operation Entebbe? I think that explains why he has such a big chip on his shoulder.

Looks like alot of quotes taken out of context from Netanyahu and Russia Today doesn't have the best track record when it comes to reporting facts. I would reserve judgement until seeing the actual interview with Netanyahu.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...tin-washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    This is what happens when religion meets politics ...
    it actually says in the bible, their bible as well, to obey cesears law (the government)
    he is going against his own religion by doing this.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    it actually says in the bible, their bible as well, to obey cesears law (the government)
    The bible contradicts itself numerous times on many issues, including this one. The ceasar's law text was written before the Christian prosecution, and later when the prosecution started it was updated to be God's law above man.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Isn't he Jewish? I think their 'holy' book is called the Thora

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Netahnyahu is Jewish and obeying Caeser's Law (give unto Caeser what belongs to Caeser) is in the Gospels.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Probably a attempt to take the "best" part of land before UN give Palestine rights as a country, after some years it will "impossible" to roll back the land grab, think how it will be then UN demand Israel to pull back from Palestine, TV showing a crying child who do not understand why she have to move from the home she have lived here whole life.... and a furious Israel PM who scream about ethnic cleansing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I blame him. Who wouldn't do this in his position? It's what his people want, and he has no reason not to give it to them. Sure, most of the world will whine and complain about it. But aside from being annoying, it has no effect on Israel. At the end of the day, nobody is willing to step in and do something about it. Israel has nothing to lose here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'd like to see Israel turned into a parking lot.
    Please don't do that. Some amazing old buildings to travel to over there. Just get rid of the people and transform it into a giant history theme park.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-23 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Can't say I blame him. Who wouldn't do this in his position? It's what his people want, and he has no reason not to give it to them. Sure, most of the world will whine and complain about it. But aside from being annoying, it has no effect on Israel. At the end of the day, nobody is willing to step in and do something about it. Israel has nothing to lose here.
    At some point, the US domination will end. History has thought us that even the greatest and most advanced of empires crumble under their own weight. US hegemony is not the worst thing this world's ever seen, I'd actually say it's the opposite. But it will fall at some point and right then and there you would understand what the right of conquest means. Even if the conqueror doesn't condone genocide and whatnot, you'll still be mad at losing pieces of land that belong to you.

What bothers me the most is Israel's self-righteousness stemming from fairly tales. This is where all their balls come from. I can only hate Hitler for the Holocaust and thus providing them the means and resolve to steal land and get away with it. They're not even conquerors, they're bureaucrats fighting a dirty game against people that have nothing more than sticks and stones to throw at them. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Honestly, the more he does things like this, the more the West will realize Israel is as much a rogue state as most of those in the Middle East. Which is a good thing because it will eventually result in some sort of international intervention. Be it political or military.

10+ Year Old Account
    one of these days iran is going to nuke the shit out of these guys.

And so the campaign to create new realities on the ground while stalling talks continues. Who's surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Honestly, the more he does things like this, the more the West will realize Israel is as much a rogue state as most of those in the Middle East. Which is a good thing because it will eventually result in some sort of international intervention. Be it political or military.
    America won't, so I doubt anything's going to happen. I wish though.

Deleted
    Ah, you again with your weekly Israel-bashing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Ah, you again with your weekly Israel-bashing thread.
    Funny how that's your reaction to a reasonably impartial news article of what the Israeli PM said.