Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Chicago hits there 500th murder on the heal of 2012

You know what

I WARN YOU !

In 2012 and beyond crime will be out of controlled thank to * i can't say because is will get the mods and admin mad * they are the main source for crime that is out of control in so many cities and oversea and who pay the price an innocent victim they are the true victim not the dead thug

Chicago next stop Detriot !

Chicago: Milestone Reached After 500th Homicide in the Year of 2012 (Chicago or the Congo?)

And what about the activist * you gonna love there response * is made me SICK !
    Rev. Jesse Jackson On Chicago's 500th Homicide For 2012 - Gun Ban Control Laws Do Not Work

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:04 AM ----------

Youth Homicides In Chicago

Thanks to what? Oh please enlighten us. I mean you show prejudice against homeless people and think they should be locked up... you don't exactly have a good track record for tolerance or well... open mindedness. I hope it's just terrible wording.

Crime has actually been on the decline since about 1990 nationwide.

I've debated this over the years and I've heard two compelling theories, maybe one or both is at least a little true.

1. Roe vs Wade went before the Supreme Court in 1973, making abortion legal. This helped drastically reduce unwanted babies going forward. 18 years after 1973 is 1991, about the same exact time the crime rate started falling. The theory goes that less unwanted babies means a higher percentage of babies are taken care of, nurtured, and don't turn into criminals.

2. College became vastly more accessible in the late 1980s. This meant young adults have more options than before. The peak age group for crime, or rather the tender age where people make the turn into career criminals, its late teens/early 20s. So if you begin to increasingly take young adults that used to graduate from high school and sit around idly trying to decide what to do next and turn to crime, and transplant them maybe hundreds of miles away from bad influences into a positive, nurturing, intellectual environment, they don't turn to a life of crime. The crime rate begins to collapse.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Thanks to what? Oh please enlighten us. I mean you show prejudice against homeless people and think they should be locked up... you don't exactly have a good track record for tolerance or well... open mindedness. I hope it's just terrible wording.
    i am not be racist but look at the fact * here proof *

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1152838

The latest NYPD statistics show that crime is centered overwhelmingly in minority-group neighborhoods — buttressing a key argument Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly makes to justify his controversial stop-and-frisk policy.

Citing an NYPD analysis of stats for the first six months of the year, Kelly said Wednesday that 96% of shooting victims are black or Hispanic — and in 97% of all shootings, the trigger was pulled by other blacks and Hispanics.

Kelly in recent months has repeatedly said minority-group leaders and civil liberties advocates complain about stop-and-frisk tactics but do nothing to help combat crime in minority neighborhoods.

A review of the statistics, contained in a report, “Crime Enforcement Activity in New York City,” shows that minority-group members also represent 89% of murder victims — and 86% of murder suspects. There are similar numbers for felony assaults — 81% of victims are minorities, as are 88% of the suspects.

But there is a sharp disparity for robberies, with blacks described as suspects in 70% of the cases, while they are victims in 33% of the crimes.

In response to the statistics, state Sen. Eric Adams (D-Brooklyn) said with too many minority men “career unemployed,” it’s inevitable some will turn to a life of crime.

“Where are the after-school programs and all these other programs that are supposed to help the police?” he asked.

“That’s why if only the Police Department looks at these numbers, we’re not going to come up with proactive crimefighting tools. The Police Department too often becomes the safety net when other agencies drop the ball.”

Eugene O’Donnell, a professor of police science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, suggested the report has been compiled to blunt criticism that police routinely stop young minority-group men for no reason.

Kelly has worked to improve the NYPD’s relationship with minorities, in part by working with a task force of Brooklyn clergy.

Bishop Gerald Seabrooks of Rehoboth Cathedral said the partnership has paid off and will continue to do so if parents work harder at raising their kids.

“I think it’s more of a spiritual problem than a jobs problem,” he said. “In the 1930s, we didn’t have jobs, but we weren’t killing each other.”

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:24 AM ----------

I am not racist or bigot just a citizen like everyone else who care about there safety and surrounding !

And to make sure to call the police if i see something suspicious !

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:26 AM ----------

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfi...gerous-cities/

And Buffalo NY is 10 place so now you know

Buffalo, New York Ranked 10th Most Dangerous City in United States of America WGRZ

Buffalo, New York 10th most dangerous city in America WIVB
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-31 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Congratulations?
    And I'm so poorly dressed for the occasion!

Guess what else is concentrated in minority groups?

Poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Guess what else is concentrated in minority groups?

Poverty.
    i was gonna say unemployment and govt assistance

15+ Year Old Account
    It's depressing, but not that unexpected.. it was only 4 years previous last time they hit 500 (2008).

Another sad number: 270 incidents of gun violence involving youths. Yes, 'youth' in this case could easily be a 17 year old gang-member, but it's still sad.

Edit: For comparison:
    For 2011, approximately 509 homicides were recorded in Tijuana, down from 2010’s staggering number of 817 but still well above the homicide rates of 2007 and 2006. The past year stands as the fifth most deadly year in Tijuana’s history.
    Couldn't find a good number for 2012, but some reports do say the number is down again. Keep in mind, the population of Tijuana is -1m (approx) of Chicago, but still, it's also in Mexico and near-taken over by a major drug cartel.

Edit^2: Also for comparison:

NYC had the lowest murder rate since 1963 (considered the first year of reliable records) this year, and it was 414 as of the 28th. Different, certainly (nearly 100 murders in a city with a (much) larger population and area), but less different than I would have thought off the top of my head (source)

That being said, even if it's a low I'd prefer to live in an area projected to have ~200 murders between two major cities (we're a metro). Especially since I'm on the 50 (vs 150) side of the metro. Or you know, no murder, but that's not realistic in a large city (my smaller home town had their first homicide in 5 years this year. It was a big shock, especially since the one 5 years ago was the first in a long while too).
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2012-12-31 at 07:47 AM.

I swear I get all my news just coming to this site now. They need to just make a news off topic sub forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go get the confetti and cake.

Tom Kane

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i was gonna say unemployment and govt assistance
    How does government assistance drive up crime?

Deleted
    always something goin on in ol' america

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't understand hardly anything you ever say. I struggle to piece together your random arrangements of words. How anyone can begin to formulate a response is beyond me because I have no idea what you are even trying to say. I can look past the horrible grammar, I do that every day, but even beyond that I really can't quite figure out what you are saying besides "fox news said this today". I guess if I were to watch those clips I could get an idea what you are rambling about, but then I would be watching Fox news.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    I'm sorry but your english is atrocious and I have no idea what you're talking about OP.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I honestly can't understand hardly anything you ever say. I struggle to piece together your random arrangements of words. How anyone can begin to formulate a response is beyond me because I have no idea what you are even trying to say. I can look past the horrible grammar, I do that every day, but even beyond that I really can't quite figure out what you are saying besides "fox news said this today". I guess if I were to watch those clips I could get an idea what you are rambling about, but then I would be watching Fox news.
    Same thing for me. I have yet to understand a single post I've seen by the OP. It's just a mess. But I think he's blaming black people and other minorities for crime and such.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-12-31 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    You could at least look to see that only one in four of the clips is from Fox or is that too much effort compared to writing a post of false implications instead? Maybe you can’t understand him since you don’t seem to pay due attention to the original post in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Violent crime in the United States has been dropping since the 90's. Don't be a fearmonger.
    An overall trend is not a reason to ignore a localized phenomena or call any attention paid to said local phenomena fear mongering.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Couldn't find a good number for 2012, but some reports do say the number is down again. Keep in mind, the population of Tijuana is -1m (approx) of Chicago, but still, it's also in Mexico and near-taken over by a major drug cartel.
    Err, Chicago is over 2.7 million in the city and around 9 in the 'metro' area. Tijuana is 1.5 mil in the city and 1.8 in the 'metro' area. Chicago's population density is also over double that of Tijuana.

Imagine if it were easy for law abiding citizens to get weapons. You know how hard it word be for people to rob a house knowing that the homeowners could defend themself with equal, or better, firepower?

People able to defend themselves correlates to lower crime rates. (i.e. Self defense should not be considerred a crime)
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2012-12-31 at 08:12 AM. Reason: because i can

I don't get it. So many words and nothing specific.
    Did they use tommy gun for this last 500-th murder?