Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As the maker of this video would say - that was utter rubbish. Sure he made me laugh here and there, but his point about wasting time in WoW for increased numbers is stupid. If I didnt have wow - i'd be wasting my time in another game, or at the movies or watching TV - none of those are any more productive or "better" than playing an mmo. I see it as to each his or her own preference.

Congrats you've discovered video games are a waste of time, thanks for the video.
    Actually going to the movies is a social experience, a real social experience, which in case could ever so slightly be more productive because you could theoretically make new friends, real friends, or build existing relationships up.

I italicized real each time because yeah, WoW can be social blah blah blah, but at the end of the day those people you were playing with chances are you will never build a relationship outside of WoW (though it is a possibility you could, im not disregarding that) and your boundaries are questing raiding and pvping with your said 'friends'.

Best way to put it, WoW friends help you progress your character and be more social within the realm of WoW. So in WoW, yes you are more social, but anything outside of it your online friends will not be able to help you be more social or progress your real life struggles and responsibilities. Real friends will help you become more social in the realm of the real physical world, which can make you more sociable both in the physical world, and in WoW (since WoW is after all, a production of the real world, surprisingly.)

Also, yes all video games are a waste of time, but the way WoW is, and he explains it in his video right at the very end, WoW makes you more addicted the more you play, and don't even try to deny WoW isn't addictive. His example put it best, no one put in thousands of hours in Super Metroid trying to collect every item/etc.

I agree 100% with everything he said.
    Call me House.

Nice review, but needed more numbers.

On a sidenote, if "buggerchimps" or "sodomonkeys" ever show up in this game, I will swim to Australia by hand to personally give Yahtzee a wedgie powerful enough to make his testes crawl up his arse and spit out of his ears for inspiring the idea.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

I always loved that review - because he actually said a TON of things I've always said... particularly about those damn blasted NUMBERS.

Stop looking at the numbers, and you remember you have a sword.

There was another video he did about another MMO, I forget which one - but he had the best line ever in there:

Cows go "Moo", Dogs go "Woof", MMO players go "PVP is unbalanced".

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Don't get your panties in a wad Slime. Go look at more of his videos. He basically bashes all games in his reviews. This video just happened to be about WoW. Get over it.
    Actually there's quite a few he likes. Silent Hill 2 is a major one he often touts as being great (as somebody mentioned above). Grand Theft Auto III he loves to death too... which is rather surprising since his review of GTAIV was rather glowing.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

That was pretty hilarious. Kind of a sad way of looking at end game raiding though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Them numbers...

Haha pretty funny actually.

It's kind of good to get a complete outsider's perspective on WoW, makes me realise a lot of things I take for granted. Like how much time you invest just to level a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    The man has a point.
    I don't know, I'm fairly certain this guy has absolutely zero points, commas, question- or exclamationmarks.

No punctuation at all, if you will.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus