T14 4 pieces bonus is it important?

Have been wearing Elite ilvl511 (upgrade 2 times) Legguards of Failing Purification, T14 Gloves of the Thousandfold Blades, T14 LFR Helmet of the Thousandfold Blades and Chestguard of Nemeses for raiding.

Today just drop a Tunic of the Thousandfold Blades +695 Mastery, and compare it to Chestguard of Nemeses +756 Mastery is it not a major upgrade.
    Been to Shadowcraft, it show 4 peice give 100dps more after I replaced Legguards of Failing Purification with T14 Legguards of the Thousandfold Blades, and wearing my T14 chest than Chestguard of Nemeses.

So my question is 4 piece bonus really good?
    From EJ
    Set Bonuses

EP values based on full BiS.

T14 2 set: Increases the damage done by your Venomous Wounds ability by 20% = 1320 EP
    T14 4 set: Increases the duration of your Shadow Blades ability by 12 sec. = 1220 EP

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna depend on your spec, of course, but Shadow Blades is insanely powerful as combat, less so for sub, and even less so for Assassination.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

i play as assassination most of the time.

You should use the elite legguards as the offpiece and get 4 set from everything else, that would be optimal.
    Last edited by hurdurr; 2012-12-31 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdurr View Post
    You should use the elite legguards as the offpiece and get 4 set from everything else, that would be optimal.
    I have seen this as well, and its currently what I run with at the moment, but when I look at it, I can not seem to figure out why it is this way seeing as Tier Legs have haste (Combat).

T14x4 for Assasination = greatly increased burst on demand, especially on pulls. 2x more Shadow Blades duration is really fun.

While it may not be major dps boost on long fight, it allows solid amount of burst - quality of life improvement and fun thing to have.
    Take it, try it, I am fairly sure you like it more than small sustained dps bonus with other gear set

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    I have seen this as well, and its currently what I run with at the moment, but when I look at it, I can not seem to figure out why it is this way seeing as Tier Legs have haste (Combat).

Im just assuming OP is running assasination, since his shadow blade duration is increased by 12 sec, combat gets 6. The offpiece for combat would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=86964. Unless you have heroic elite legs from protectors ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharenna View Post
    T14x4 for Assasination = greatly increased burst on demand, especially on pulls. 2x more Shadow Blades duration is really fun.

While it may not be major dps boost on long fight, it allows solid amount of burst - quality of life improvement and fun thing to have.
    Take it, try it, I am fairly sure you like it more than small sustained dps bonus with other gear set
    I find the extra combo points become somewhat of a hindrance, especially during high haste times.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

as combat u can just evis with 5cp. but for assassination the evenenom buff will make u energy cap. unless u keep clipping evenom. with bloodlust, shadowblade and vendetta pre-pot.

my legging are just elite not heroic elite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I find the extra combo points become somewhat of a hindrance, especially during high haste times.
    Overriding a current envenom because your CP capped and won't have issues in the next window of time isn't a problem, although it feels... off.

OP: getting 100 DPS out of a minor ilevel loss for a 4p doesn't make it "that strong," but "strong enough". Losing the ilevels sucks, of course, but that's the nature of getting upgrades right? Yes, the 4p bonus is better than 14 ilevels on one piece, and ~60 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    How? Thats basically not possible. Now you may have to let something happen that under different conditions is sub-optimal, but there is no way extra cp can be hindering you... I mean sure you may have to clip stuff as assassination, or you may not be doing enough SS/RvS to dump enough energy to avoid capping as combat, but none of that is a hindrance. I mean worst case, you pretend the extra CP from SB don't exist and you waste those cp by capping, but even then it isn't hindering anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    The heroic elite legs have a better socket bonus (+60 agility), more agility (+14 agility), more hit (+147 hit) & an extra socket (160 haste + 160 hit). Not to mention you can reforge the mastery into 384 haste rating which combined with the gem it means you're looking at a loss of 464 Haste in exchange for 74 Agility, 307 Hit, 576 Mastery, so yeah.

If you won't be seeing a protectors heroic elite kill anytime soon though, you can always plan into T15 by running with the t14 hc legs and the hc gloves from Garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    How? Thats basically not possible. Now you may have to let something happen that under different conditions is sub-optimal, but there is no way extra cp can be hindering you... I mean sure you may have to clip stuff as assassination, or you may not be doing enough SS/RvS to dump enough energy to avoid capping as combat, but none of that is a hindrance. I mean worst case, you pretend the extra CP from SB don't exist and you waste those cp by capping, but even then it isn't hindering anything.
    Issue of poor wording, nothing more.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh