Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far we've lost 4 people that raided consistently since ICC, all of them cited end game becoming chore as their primary reason for leaving. O_o

Everyone on our raid team (10 man) works full time or more, and we only raid 2 nights a week for a total of 6 hours, we're 14/16 at this time, but in Cataclysm we were able to reach some heroics at this point. Having to recruit people has definitely hurt us.

That said, I see the dailies as optional content, but I also feel a bit daunted as I really am all about valor capping, and I appreciated being able to do it all on my weekend in 4.3, really sad that Blizzard went back on that decision.

All in all I hope things are still good for sub numbers in February, I still love WoW just have a few disagreements with the direction as of late.

Deleted
    I also got the special offers of free mop week, and the x-pac half off which made me wonder, since it's so soon.
    Personally neither me or any of the people I know irl has returned to wow since end of 2011, but I did check around battlenet for old guildies and people we used to hang around with in game and it seems like... well those are people all older than teenagers :P so most of them got a busy irl so seems like the hardcore raiding and 24/7 playing is gone, but many of them seems to have played at least during the christmas holiday and perhaps not as much since launch up to then. Dont know if there was a new offer to former subscribers for christmas?

Btw, there is no wintergrasp/tol barad in the new expansion? People must miss it, or well... everyone and their mom took part in wintergrasp and the dailies were made weekly because of appealing rewards that got updated every patch. Tol barad had blue pve items that they sold for marks... and while I didnt experience 2012 cata I dont know if those items ever were updated? When I quit next to noone did tol barad. So I wonder if they made one that worked better this time or if they just gave up on it completely? Seems like pvp got even more neglected than cata this xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Game is filled with PVP ganking on CRZ.

In terms of other aspects. Worst expansion so far in terms of endgame content. Very few 5 man dungeons. Scenarios are just bad and unintresting. LFR killed the feeling that raids actually were worth doing. Instead you just wait 1 hour in LFR Qs to get your guarantied random rolls per week. And random really means random.

Normal and heroic raids are close to dead wit LFR. And since Normals have been made harder and more complicated many guilds are dead cause ppl are forced into LFR instead.

The real issue with this Xpansion is ofc the core balance of roles that has been totally and utterly destroyed with high DPS driven content (dailies, Brawlers guild, scenarios for faster Qs). At the same time both tanks and specially healing roles are directly punished and are having to suffer extra with added system like itemlvl upgrade system that increases the gap between main spec and offspec gear.

So basicly - Blizzard screwed up big time. So much that healers and tanks are now just a minority group in the game and many are forced out and going for other games. Many have gone RIFT and are having a blast. It supports multiroles so much better than MOP and does not punish players for wanting to play something other than dps.

I say so far that MOP is the worst expansion yet - based on simple facts of core balance that BLizzard got horribly wrong when it came to 3 roles needed to play this game in the best way possible.
    You're butthurt that you can't have BiS gear on both specs and are making up dubious stuff about normal and heroic raids that you can't even possibly know, measure or prove. You're further making up ridiculous stories about some tank/healer exodus because you're, for what reason ever, pissed off at, whatever. Typical miserable shittalk-for-no-reason type of player.

Deleted
    I am enjoying it a lot, I have never had so much choice of stuff to do even after 3 months I still log in on my main and have so much to do!

A couple of personal positives.

Scenerios - I really enjoy these, they are nice quick Valor and good fun! I actually prefer running these to 5 mans.

Farming - This turned out far far better than I thought it would! It is quite close to player housing and I really like the upcoming 5.2 changes.

Pet Battles - A lot of fun only have some L10 pets but just don't have time to play more!

Raiding - We only really do Normals but imo T14 is as good as T11 and a vast improvement on T13, T11 was my favourite set or raids ever, even over Ulduar! I personally prefer having 3 different raids in a tier to 1 massive one but that is just personal preference

5.1 Dailies - These were excellent you got really good story segments which gave really nice rep as you progress, I think I enjoyed these more than any dailies in WoW, by the time I got exalted I wanted to Punch Garrosh in the mouth (as Horde) which I think is the plan

Content Release - They seem to be keeping there promise this time to keep content coming, I really like that we had a "non-raid" patch followed by a "raid" patch.

BoA Relics - These are a nice touch! Wish I could get my hands on the 2h Sword for my DK though!

A couple of personal negatives

Valor Gear - I do think they went a bit to far by locking all the Valor Gear behind dailies, while this did not effect me at all its the thing othere have complained most about, they are introducing more ways of getting Rep though which I really encourage.

Valor Gain - I think this is a bit slow just now, there are plenty of options of earning Valor which is great but I would prefer it if the upped the amount of Valor, I personally would go 100 from 5 mans, 50 from scenerios, 10 from dailies.

Unfortunately this thread is not going to end up very constructive and is going to spiral into game vs game hatred very very quickly.

Deleted
    I will just speak from my server:

1. No, the servers still dead and my friends are quitting the game again.

2. It sucks now. Ive noticed people giving up world pvp because its extremely flawed. First they were all outside trying to do world pvp but then yet again they are queueing in towns because of flying mounts making world pvp stupid.

3. Yeah? The game is faceroll so there wont be many.

4. It is alive because of dailies.. like every other expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to be hostile, dudes. Let's all chill.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by duhchris View Post
    I play on Tichondrious (Spelling?) It's a full server, a lot of Alliance and a lot of horde, the ratio was 60% Alliance 40% horde last I remember, but the population is so high the amount of horde is insane.
    you ally or horde on tich?

My server is doing perfectly fine atm actually. My guild are working on Heroic Terrance. WoW is the best it's ever been.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

MoP launched with the best content overall imo. It's doing pretty well.

You won't get your answer until the first week of February when the investor call for Q4 happens.

Until then, all you know is they had just over 10 million as of the last week of September after MoP came out a few days prior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Yet half the guilds that raided Dragon Soul have disappeared...

From 62k guilds down to 35k guilds that have killed at least one boss.

My server went from 117 guilds to 51 guilds raiding. Blizzard classifies this as a HIGH pop realm.
    Doing well in not losing any more subs?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    World PvP is more active in 5.2 with the Shieldwall daily quest areas, but may have decreased some in other Pandaria zones. Your mileage may vary based on your server.

The numbers for subscribers grew at the beginning of Mists and seem to be stable. Anecdotally, I haven't seen any friends or guildies quit the game since Mists' launch, and in fact have had several return, even as recently as last week.

Lowbie zones are more active now with cross-realm zones. You'll see more people in the zones than you would normally, and are able to group with them. Again, your mileage may vary depending on the willingness of others to group up.

The world is much more active than in Cata, but there are still people who sit in the city. Personally, I'm getting great use out of my TradeForwarder addon so that I can be out and about exploring, gathering, doing dailies, and working on my pet battling while watching for pugs and sales in Trade chat.
    LMFAO at your comment about world PVP

world PVP has been dead for almost 7 years. but other than that

mop is a full time job now, with the constant forced dailies and forced LFR for weeks on end

WTB a game to finally break wow

Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    LMFAO at your comment about world PVP

world PVP has been dead for almost 7 years. but other than that

mop is a full time job now, with the constant forced dailies and forced LFR for weeks on end

WTB a game to finally break wow
    I love how people wrongly use the word "forced".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I love how people wrongly use the word "forced".
    Now they have gated the story of the expansion and content behind them i don't think the word "optional" is really applicable either.

Deleted
    wait 1 hour in LFR Qs to get your guarantied random rolls per week. And random really means random.
    do you even know what you type?
    i came back to the game 3 days ago and i have a lot of fun, can´t say anything about endgame content yet though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    More likely this is your server. Judging by the emails I get from Blizzard (about one a week) asking me to return with a price of 50% off on MoP, I doubt they're doing as well as you think. They wouldn't be throwing the expansion at people at half off this early into the cycle unless they're having issues.
    That, or blizz recognizes that players that once played wow tend to come back at a later date just to "check whats new", and it costs maybe 25c to make the email and then send to all players, in exchange for a potential 20$, with a potential subscription. I believe blizz probably made thier money, and then some, back on development with the release of MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    More likely this is your server. Judging by the emails I get from Blizzard (about one a week) asking me to return with a price of 50% off on MoP, I doubt they're doing as well as you think. They wouldn't be throwing the expansion at people at half off this early into the cycle unless they're having issues.
    Shocked, a company wants more people to play their game so they get more money? I just don't know what to say
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Yet half the guilds that raided Dragon Soul have disappeared...

From 62k guilds down to 35k guilds that have killed at least one boss.

My server went from 117 guilds to 51 guilds raiding. Blizzard classifies this as a HIGH pop realm.
    My server went from 91 guilds to 94 guilds raiding- we also gained 1 25 man guild going from Cata to MoP, compared to having no 25 man guilds at the end of DS. However, only 44 of these guilds have managed to down a single boss. (Thus, 50 guilds have tried to down Stone Guard, to no avail- whether they've had over 100 wipes on it, or only tried once and then decided not to)

You must also remember that at the end of Cata, DS had been out for 8 months, and the bosses were nerfed by 35%. Any guild that COULDNT down Morchok by then might as well have never tried to raid, as they will never down anything that isnt 3 expansions below them. Stone Guard has been out for a little over 2 months, has NOT been nerfed, and is harder then 6 of the 8 DS fights (Spine and Blackhorn are the only ones i would consider to be harder then Stone Guard, and that isn't saying much). The same can be said for Vizier (about same difficulty imo) and Protectors (Not a single dps under 80k that fight, and yet we only beat the enrage timer by 20 seconds)

DS was not a good raid in terms of difficulty. Imo, it is the lowest point of raiding in World of Warcraft's history. Thus, comparing DS to this tier, which is pretty much on the same scale as T11 in terms of difficulty, will skew/bias the results.

Heck, after taking a look at WoWprogress, I could look at Orbital Bombardment, an EXTREMELY easy acheive to do at its time, and say that it only has 20k guilds that attempted it period and downed it, take note that 44% of guilds that did ulduar did the achieve, and say that the wow pop grew by over 50% between it and DS, given that we have over 60k guilds compared to the then 40k guilds that attempted ulduar (And I would be very, very wrong- WoW entered its lowest point in years at the end of DS, and was pretty high during Ulduar). Numbers on WoWprogress mean very little in determining the population of WoW- it does, however, help in determining the current raiding state of any one realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

coming from cata to mop the game has been a huge step up.

Deleted
    Game is filled with PVP ganking on CRZ.

In terms of other aspects. Worst expansion so far in terms of endgame content. Very few 5 man dungeons. Scenarios are just bad and unintresting. LFR killed the feeling that raids actually were worth doing. Instead you just wait 1 hour in LFR Qs to get your guarantied random rolls per week. And random really means random.

Normal and heroic raids are close to dead wit LFR. And since Normals have been made harder and more complicated many guilds are dead cause ppl are forced into LFR instead.

The real issue with this Xpansion is ofc the core balance of roles that has been totally and utterly destroyed with high DPS driven content (dailies, Brawlers guild, scenarios for faster Qs). At the same time both tanks and specially healing roles are directly punished and are having to suffer extra with added system like itemlvl upgrade system that increases the gap between main spec and offspec gear.

So basicly - Blizzard screwed up big time. So much that healers and tanks are now just a minority group in the game and many are forced out and going for other games. Many have gone RIFT and are having a blast. It supports multiroles so much better than MOP and does not punish players for wanting to play something other than dps.

I say so far that MOP is the worst expansion yet - based on simple facts of core balance that BLizzard got horribly wrong when it came to 3 roles needed to play this game in the best way possible.

People are forced into LFR? this made my day.