How's the expansion?

^Topic. How's the expansion so far? I payed back during patches 1.5/1.6/1.7, and was considering coming back to play the expansion over winter break.

Now, what I'm really wondering is, how good is the non-raiding content? Because really, I don't want to raid. A little pug raiding, sure, but the main reason I quit WoW is because I don't feel like devoting my life to a raiding schedule, and I didn't raid at all in Rift besides 1 or 2 DH runs. How are the 5mans? Any good? And questing content in general?

Also, I heard that they completely overhauled class mechanics for almost every class, so that DPS are no longer able to just spam macros. How's that working out?

Also: Cleric. That was my main back when I played, and I found healing to be a ton of fun with -Icar builds. Are those still viable in 5mans? What's the new spec that I heard about, wasn't it support or healing or something?

Alrighty then. Back to the login screen to try and remember what my password was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Now, what I'm really wondering is, how good is the non-raiding content? Because really, I don't want to raid. A little pug raiding, sure, but the main reason I quit WoW is because I don't feel like devoting my life to a raiding schedule, and I didn't raid at all in Rift besides 1 or 2 DH runs. How are the 5mans? Any good? And questing content in general?
    Non-raid content is about as good as it was before expansion. They added "hunt rifts", which are just tiered rifts I suppose. But basically rifts.

5 mans are really good this expansion. Although gimmicky vehicle segments have been added to some. >.>

Also, I heard that they completely overhauled class mechanics for almost every class, so that DPS are no longer able to just spam macros. How's that working out?
    Yea, they broke up a lot of heavy macroing. Works fine. So-called "1 button wonders" were not really as popular in serious content as people believe it was. So really no change for hardcore players.

Casual play? Meh. Anything works. Go nuts.

Also: Cleric. That was my main back when I played, and I found healing to be a ton of fun with -Icar builds. Are those still viable in 5mans? What's the new spec that I heard about, wasn't it support or healing or something?
    Nah. Icars are not really all that useful anymore.

I don't play healers. Not too keen what is the spec du jour. Most of my friends just run Warden or Sentinel.

Hrm, good to hear. I did take a peek at the official forums, and people were whining about Sentinel not being viable or something, something about tank HP always dropping low with a cleric healer. Purifier is still good right? I should be able to just use the auto-spec thing they implemented in 1.7, right? Or should I just use the forum guide and go Warden?

Either way, I'll be playing soon because I finally remembered that my password had a space in the middle of it, due to Trion requiring a password change a while ago. (I remember it mandated that you put a space in your password) Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Hrm, good to hear. I did take a peek at the official forums, and people were whining about Sentinel not being viable or something, something about tank HP always dropping low with a cleric healer. Purifier is still good right? I should be able to just use the auto-spec thing they implemented in 1.7, right? Or should I just use the forum guide and go Warden?

Either way, I'll be playing soon because I finally remembered that my password had a space in the middle of it, due to Trion requiring a password change a while ago. (I remember it mandated that you put a space in your password) Yay.

Healing in general is harder. There is currently a bug with buffs healing for more than they should, making the 6pt Sentinel buff and Chloro healing in general a bit higher than it should be. Support is back to being fairly common in groups again. Warden is supposed to be a raid heal spec now, difficult to main heal dungeons with. If you're not worried about group heals, the best tanking healing I pull off is with a 40 defiler build.
    Defiler is amazing if you can get your head around it. I use 61pt for support and 40pt for tank heals. Links are majorly under rated, but if you watch a tank get beat on before and after you're going to be a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    If you're not worried about group heals, the best tanking healing I pull off is with a 40 defiler build.
    Defiler is amazing if you can get your head around it. I use 61pt for support and 40pt for tank heals. Links are majorly under rated, but if you watch a tank get beat on before and after you're going to be a believer.
    I find Defiler to be a really gimmicky soul with no place in a raid. Give me a good Purifier any day of the week on a tank, not least because of the splash shields to the rest of the raid. Tried both in raids, Purifier is definitely better bang for buck.