Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Its probably blizzards best game atm, you own it and its much better. Its not d2 but its not "May" d3.
    yeah it is even worse...

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    If you got bored before getting to inferno. Then its still prob not gonna hold your attention, you never actually got to the grind.
    That sums it up quite nicely whether you like Diablo 3 or not.

Here is my top 10 list why people like me play this game:

1. MP play: you set out your own difficulty after patch 1.05.
    2. Solo challenge with MP play. Set according to what difficulty you like. 11 levels to choose from (even while leveling).
    3. No problems with finding groups: public groups formed in 1 second.
    4. No attunements, no rat race to keep following the hurds.
    5. ALL playing on ONE server. No population problems.
    6. No gearscore requirements.
    7. Fast play and tremendous responsiveness with zero down time.
    8. Casual log in Play: you set your pace to advance.
    9. Endless progress with Paragon lvl 100 takings years for normal players.
    10. Real money earned that let me buy other games: fabulous.

Rating : same as IGN : 9.5

Of course I don't play this game as an MMORPG. BUT it HAS several advantages over an mmorpg too.

I also think Blizzard is AFRAID of making D3 too popular compared to WOW (no subs to gain here).

But for those who like the 10 points above ... it is a no brainer really to play it ... "at your own pace and time..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I call this the MOST ridiculous statement EVER made.

Why? The IN game public group number is the constantly forming of NEW groups per continent PER minute. That was changed in patch 1.03 and Blizzard made it very clear what that means.

Not counted are the full public groups, the private games, the solo games or people in the AH or lobby...

So that means that you can choose to play ANY questline in your Act and be grouped in around 2 seconds - playing 24/7, even if the number for that questline is not showing. You should inform yourself before posting rubbish.

I am disgusted by this complete BS of false info.

The same as those ridiculous session spoofing lies and authenticator lies about broken accounts.

Diablo 3 has ONE server (cluster) per continent you fools. ANY D3 AH is hundreds of times bigger than a single server (realm/faction) MMO.

Learn to live with that. D3 is played 24/7 with a highly populated mechanic: ONE server per continent. The fact your chat sessions are broken down in 100 people sections is to avoid trash talk: at this very moment: there are 18391 chat sessions ... open (all which are blocked at 100 per chat).

Just log on and see for yourself how many chat sessions are open at once...(displayed when you enter the game in your chat screen at the lower left).
    I call you the one who can't see metaphor (and you have no solid data to to proof your comment, like Lolsteak said, until then this is false info). I can say: you are the MOST ridiculous not-understanding person EVER haha, you are the fool

My comment was an methapor "Currently there are a very few ppl online, so it is like playing an mmo but on private server on your own pc, sad story. ." = playing this game now, because it's community has decreased insanely, feels like downloading an wow server files, installing it on your own computer and playing wow. Sad story. I was once playing MU Online like that.
    Was it soo hard to catch this metaphor?

and btw, session spoofing is very easy to do, just let me connect to your home or any network you are in

EU D3 is dead if one compares it to it's first month.

And btw, to all D3 lovers: are you soo bored that you want to sacrafice +100hours of precius time and life just to fight scripts and grind pixels which admins can just give you by using one console line? Better play competetive games, it's more fun and gives alot of good things, like better avarness, better focus and analyze abilities, teamplay etc
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-01-08 at 02:39 PM.

At Slaughty: you consider Diablo 3 as an MMORPG, which it isn't ...

It has other advantages over an MMO too (I quoted them in my 10 points above). I consider NOT having kids around me with gearscore remarks and attunement or reputation stuff a GOOD thing for fast and simple dungeon crawling...

Others may differ.

Since there are always hundreds of NEW games being formed every minute, your waiting time for a group based game is 1 second or so. So I don't see your point of having no players around.

The fact you log in and within ONE second you are into a dungeon group in that part of the quests you like to play is actually an advantage over any MMORPG.

See the definition of Blizzard here http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ce-1-3-release (and explained by me on the previous page - there is your proof).

You don't like public groups ?

Ok assemble a few friends and play private games or set a solo challenge and find rare keys to craft legendary rings ... endlessly with your choice of Monster Power Play.

So, I think we even both agree: D3 is not even close to an MMORPG, but it never was meant to be.

D3 is a simple hack/slash on line game with very EASY grouping and with a build in challenge you now (patch 1.05) set your self endlessly with Paragon levels (patch 1.04).

It suits me for a very casual but still fun playing style with ... no hastle.

Typical for present day internet play, but with an added value of long term awards anyway (which IPAD games don't have and mmorpg's are too time consuming and have the "follow the latest attunements requirements").

---

In D3 I am my own boss, I don't need to follow the herd. I can play in ANY content in a group mode the second I log in and I can advance at my own pace in both Softcore or Hardcore modes at my own difficulty settings...

In this respect D3 offers me more than an mmorpg. End goals like having classes at level 60 and downing Diablo in Inferno on ... hardcore mode will keep my interest for many years to come.

I like it.

BTW I saw your comments about "dead" and "session spoofing" : a game where you can join a group in ANY quest of your choice in 1 second is far from dead. Since all players are on ONE server per continent, this problem will never occur to D3, only to single realm games which are not clustered. And session spoofing was already proven a lie 7 months ago; so now I know you simply troll.

Let's face it: Diablo 3 is played and loved by quite some people and you hate that.

What a life to live.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-08 at 03:16 PM.

Let's face it: Diablo 3 is played and loved by quite some people and you hate that.
    I didn't said anything like that and what you did now is putting words into my mouth and mind while I assure you, that I don't care at all how many people love or play it, I described my feelings when I tried to play it again and saw like 600 public games on counter and that was at rush hours in europe (while during the 1st month it was alot more), so I felt like playing a ghost game, because I like when the title is popular, because it has some kind of interaction with others, an multiplayer aspect. D3 has that aspect, it's market, public games, rankings, gear competition, etc.

Please, do not ever put non-existing words into somebody's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I didn't said anything like that and what you did now is putting words into my mouth and mind while I assure you, that I don't care at all how many people love or play it, I described my feelings when I tried to play it again and saw like 600 public games on counter and that was at rush hours in europe (while during the 1st month it was alot more), so I felt like playing a ghost game, because I like when the title is popular, because it has some kind of interaction with others, an multiplayer aspect. D3 has that aspect, it's market, public games, rankings, gear competition, etc.

Please, do not ever put non-existing words into somebody's mouth.
    600 NEW forming public games dude.

I explained that to you WITH reference. Here I quote Blizzard again (with the references).

Learn to read first.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ce-1-3-release

The number you see is only for NEW formed public groups that still have a vacant place... (no full groups, no solo play, no private games are displayed). It also explains why that number is always around 300 to 600 even at 04.00 AM as only public groups are shown that still need a 4th player...

That number changes every minute as every few seconds new games are formed ... You can trace that by simply going into a public quest line: ONE second waiting times...

And the numbers at launch had another system (that was changed in patch 1.03 a few weeks after launch).

You can compare this number with the number of NEWLY forming dungeon groups in WOW (waiting till they fill up). In D3 it fills up in 1 second...

All in the link to read. Also a good measure is the number of chat sessions available when you log in/ that shows an incredible amount of people spread over the chat system in groups of 100...

That is PROOF.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-08 at 07:09 PM.

The number you see is only for NEW formed public groups that still have a vacant place... (no full groups, no solo play, no private games are displayed). It also explains why that number is always around 300 to 600 even at 04.00 AM as only public groups are shown that still need a 4th player...

That number changes every minute as every few seconds new games are formed ... You can trace that by simply going into a public quest line: ONE second waiting times...
    I perfectly know that, but it is the only visible number, they should show all numbers, like in SC2. Hiding smth isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I perfectly know that, but it is the only visible number, they should show all numbers, like in SC2. Hiding smth isn't good.
    For what purpose ? Since you can only join new public groups which still have a vacant place...

The fact you have no waiting times to go in a public group is more than enough to be satisfied as a player: you log in and play in a group: simple. This is not an mmorpg spread over dozens of small populated servers.

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure why I stopped playing but I remember it feeling a bit grindy at the time. Another thing that put me off was getting wrecked constantly by Rakkanoth. I could never kill him alone and had to get help to get past him, even in Normal mode. However, I'd say I'm an above average gamer in general. I play a lot of other competitive games at high levels, and raid at a decent progression in WoW. Since it was my first action RPG, it is entirely possible I was approaching the game in the wrong way.

10+ Year Old Account
    After like half a year I started playing again as filler to WOW. And I must say I started enjoying it a lot. Paragon system is again something to let players have the purpose to play. Already got two legendaries drops also! Altough my gear is still a bit shitty (wizard 50k damage atm.), I am joining public games for farming ACT III. Cant wait to have bit more better gear to start farming myself with setting mobs difficulty higher level.

I would say yes deffo try it again.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I just got back into it, and Im loving it again. Its like its fun, then boring, then fun, then boring, then fun again

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got back into it about a week ago and I'm back to a very "meh" attitude. This is mainly due to the new patch notes and PTR. I'm not what you call a "hard core" player because I haven't made it to inferno and I don't fancy corpse dragging my way to loot to be fun and it seems that in the latest patch, blizz is only further rewarding those players.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I got back into it about a week ago and I'm back to a very "meh" attitude. This is mainly due to the new patch notes and PTR. I'm not what you call a "hard core" player because I haven't made it to inferno and I don't fancy corpse dragging my way to loot to be fun and it seems that in the latest patch, blizz is only further rewarding those players.
    Ok, ... Did you try the new leveling with MP 5-10 ? (implemented in patch 1.05)

Complete other game in leveling mode this way btw. Much faster, much more (adaptable) challenge an much more good gear to drop when leveling with higher MP.

After you hit 60, you have many other things that weren't in on launch either. Like the keys and the Machine thing.

Ever tried HC mode too ?

Stop brabbling about things you didn't even try ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    I quit player shortly after release as many others did. I got back into WoW when Mists came out and just recently gave up WoW as I just don't have the time to commit to raiding and what not. I decided to give D3 a chance again after seeing they added Paragon levels, Monster Power, and reworked alot of the legendaries. I am having more fun playing D3 now than I did when it came back out. It's something I can pick up when I want and put back down and don't have to worry about getting left behind if I don't play for a few weeks like in WoW.
    The thing, that's how it should have been from the start, and there's still room for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The thing, that's how it should have been from the start, and there's still room for improvement.
    Patch 1.07 adds more in crafting, in casual PvP, in boosting Monks and item hunting from bosses.

So D3 has now 3 newly added playing patches in 8 months time already: almost eternal Paragon, BoA crafting and casual PvP duels.

If D3 improves further it will be a smashing hit on the new consoles later this year.

Expect another 10 million console sales...

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, ... Did you try the new leveling with MP 5-10 ? (implemented in patch 1.05)

Complete other game in leveling mode this way btw. Much faster, much more (adaptable) challenge an much more good gear to drop when leveling with higher MP.

After you hit 60, you have many other things that weren't in on launch either. Like the keys and the Machine thing.

Ever tried HC mode too ?

Stop brabbling about things you didn't even try ...
    I didn't even know that MP could be used prior to Inferno. I just saw it in patch notes and assumed it was another Inferno only change. My overall point is that there's no new pre inferno additions. I'll get to inferno some day but I'm not to inticed by repeating the same game 3 times with visits to the AH every 5-10 levels.

Perhaps trying MP will make thing a tad more interesting. I'll have to try it out this evening today after work.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I didn't even know that MP could be used prior to Inferno. I just saw it in patch notes and assumed it was another Inferno only change. My overall point is that there's no new pre inferno additions. I'll get to inferno some day but I'm not to inticed by repeating the same game 3 times with visits to the AH every 5-10 levels.

Perhaps trying MP will make thing a tad more interesting. I'll have to try it out this evening today after work.
    Actually ...I use MP10 in hardcore mode in the first normal level and depending on gear I try to put up MP5 during Nightmare.

Quite a challenge and you level quite fast with regular Legendary drops.

If you play Softcore, I would make all my solo play in MP 10 until Hell.

Great mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Wouldn't bother, the game is pretty much a one-note tune.

Pick Class -> Get to 60 by playing the same 4 acts though all the difficulties -> Get as much crit/crit dmg/resist/stat you can afford -> Use the most efficient skill set -> grind paragon levels/farm until you quit again.
    So basically just like any videogame in existence. "Play it until you no longer want to play it".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    So basically just like any videogame in existence. "Play it until you no longer want to play it".
    Yes but most video games are fun. Diablo 3 isn't. It has so much potential but it's just wasted. The lead designer just peaced out, though. But that could mean good news or bad news depending on how you look at it :P

^ This without a doubt.

SC2 is way too old in mechanics and much too niche hardcore in e-sports.

WoW is lacking in solo challenge play (as every MMORPG is these days)

So yeah, if you want to have a solo challenge AND casual on line fun without the need to attune or rep grind in boring quest MMO 's, the only way out is Diablo 3.

Best on line engine, fastest group search in the west (around 2 seconds), best tuned challenge with MP 0-11, and real life money selling instead of paying subscriptions or gear or content to greedy designers.

D3 rocks.
    This. 1000x this.