Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    Yes but most video games are fun. Diablo 3 isn't. It has so much potential but it's just wasted. The lead designer just peaced out, though. But that could mean good news or bad news depending on how you look at it :P
    Fun is insanely subjective. Sometimes thing is fun for a while and then stops being fun. Sometimes thing is boring in the beginning and then starts to be fun. Sometimes a bunch of people are having insane fun and everyone else is looking at them like they are crazy (like playing Dungeons & Dragons). I had fun playing D3 for 40 hours, which is longer than most other games last.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    If you get bored, try playing with a friend - it's far more fun. Or change class. D3 is a very good game for it's type.

the way i play diablo is:

Start game -> play for 60-80 hours and get tired of the game -> feel like playing again after several weeks, and then play for 20 hours in a few days and then stop again -> Start again and play for 20 hours in a few days then stop again -> repeat. I love it! every time i go back there are changes, new builds or some of my goals to fulfill.

My first goal was kill diablo on normal. Then on nightmare, hell and finaly inferno. Guess what i just did yesterday? finished diablo inferno. Now, my goal is MP10 easy farming. Atm im at MP2, so still quite a long way to go. But after MP 10 its Hellfire ring farming for the (near) perfect stat rolled Hellfire Ring, AND ONLY THEN my goal is Paragon lvl 100. If you're completely batshit insane, do all these goals for all 5 classes. I expect my journey to last atleast the next 6 months.

If your idea of a game is to play it nonstop for weeks or months before you stop, then i dont think diablo 3 is a good game for you. Way too much repetition in the game to not make you go insane after a week or two.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    the way i play diablo is:

Start game -> play for 60-80 hours and get tired of the game -> feel like playing again after several weeks, and then play for 20 hours in a few days and then stop again -> Start again and play for 20 hours in a few days then stop again -> repeat. I love it! every time i go back there are changes, new builds or some of my goals to fulfill.

My first goal was kill diablo on normal. Then on nightmare, hell and finaly inferno. Guess what i just did yesterday? finished diablo inferno. Now, my goal is MP10 easy farming. Atm im at MP2, so still quite a long way to go. But after MP 10 its Hellfire ring farming for the (near) perfect stat rolled Hellfire Ring, AND ONLY THEN my goal is Paragon lvl 100. If you're completely batshit insane, do all these goals for all 5 classes. I expect my journey to last atleast the next 6 months.

If your idea of a game is to play it nonstop for weeks or months before you stop, then i dont think diablo 3 is a good game for you. Way too much repetition in the game to not make you go insane after a week or two.
    To be honest the only game I know you can play nonstop for weeks and months on end without getting bored out of your mind is Minesweeper.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

i was thinking of getting into it again also but ive read that the item drops still suck which makes the game seem hopeless and pointless to waste time on

i only got interested because of the great news that jay wilson left
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

No. Just erase it from your memory and find other ways to respect blizzard again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got the game, it's free to play, just play it and try it jeez.. I can't understand some, words from forums are merely opinions, nothing will beat the actual gameplay itself. Just try it. I bet you'd be online in the game faster than making this thread.

Still the same old overdeveloped garbage. They literally polished the shine off of D3 over the [ridiculously long] development cycle. No RPG depth. No PvP. No real social features (including the BASIC ability to make and join custom named games). You can only play the game exactly how Blizzard designed it to work, right down to the last stifling detail. The tedium is oft too much to bear.

"Give your kids enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing." Clearly Blizzard Corporate fell into the latter category this time.

What I plan to do is forget about D3 and start playing Path of Exile. If you haven't heard about it I highly recommend looking into it specially if you are a D2 fan.

The loot is still terrible and as we all should know by now if the loot blows in an arpg then the game blows. If you have never played the game it is totally worth a playthrough but at the end of the day you are farming Act 3 over and over again because despite months of qq about mob density they are still "working on it."

I will also suggest Path of Exile I was such a hater at one time it's hilarious I would rage when anyone mentioned it haha. Even when I started playing it I was like "this is clunky." However halfway through Act 2 I was completely engaged. It just has so much depth. I have been playing it for months now and I still feel like a noob sometimes. I just love a game taht is made for people that know games and that doesn't spoon feed you.
    Last edited by Gasblossom; 2013-01-21 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually might try using MP.
    My barb is still somewhere in act 1 on Inferno with poor gear.

Easier to go Hell with MP on then act 1 inferno without MP?

I'd recommend you Path of Exile! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Prison View Post
    What I plan to do is forget about D3 and start playing Path of Exile. If you haven't heard about it I highly recommend looking into it specially if you are a D2 fan.
    in 2 days is open beta, and i heard they wont be wiping the characters after it goes live. only reason why im not playing poe is because of this =P

well I just reinstalled Diablo 3 for the first time in 6 months and inferno got really easy, loot still sucks and spammers are uncontrolled =(

1.07 brings nothing useful or fun, all my friends quit a long time ago so dueling will be pointless and theres no custom games so you cant find pvp games so its double pointless
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out