Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I quit player shortly after release as many others did. I got back into WoW when Mists came out and just recently gave up WoW as I just don't have the time to commit to raiding and what not. I decided to give D3 a chance again after seeing they added Paragon levels, Monster Power, and reworked alot of the legendaries. I am having more fun playing D3 now than I did when it came back out. It's something I can pick up when I want and put back down and don't have to worry about getting left behind if I don't play for a few weeks like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    I decided to give D3 a chance again after seeing they added Paragon levels, Monster Power, and reworked alot of the legendaries. I am having more fun playing D3 now than I did when it came back out.
    ^This. I played D3 since release, and after being frustrated with Inferno's gear check, not having enough gold to buy good enough gear because of not winning the loot-lottery, I just quit in mid-August. Picked it up again in late October after all the Inferno nerfs and droprate increases and suddenly I'm finding it incredibly fun again, now that good gear is easily obtainable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

You just have to play through the different difficulties in new ways.

I have a 60(23) Wizard in full ilevel 62-63 legendaries, a 59 monk that's beaten hell, and a 37 demon hunter currently in act 3 nightmare. I'm still finding new things in the game I haven't noticed before.

Monster power has made progressing through Inferno easier. Pre monster power the gearing up inferno process was as follows:

Grind Act 1 until you can clear Act 3.
    Grind Act 3 until you can clear Act 4 which shouldn't be too long.

W/ Monster Power it works like this:

Clear Inferno
    Farm Act 3 for gear/gold.

Essentially what you have to understand is that you will be repeating the same thing over and over and over again. The better your gear becomes the more mindless the process becomes. You can increase the monster power for added difficulty. Don't forget you can farm keys and then organs to make Hell fire rings.

End game of Diablo 3 right now is: Farm Act 3 for gold/gear. Farm Keys. Then Farm Organs. Dueling won't add much.

It's up to you if this is what you want to do with the game. I play it very casually and enjoy it and the community is pretty active despite claims of the game being dead. I'd say out of the 11million purchases probably 6-7 million of them were WoW players who abandoned the game right away. There is still an active community of a few million players. Like 2-4. Just an estimation.

I think most people are just playing in hopes of the expansion being good. So they don't have to catch up when it comes out. That's why I'm still playing at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    d3 sucks .. not worth the time
    The game does not suck.
    I finished it on week 2 and some of the bosses were the hardest thing i have overcome on a video game. I was shaking when i killed Diablo after a ~15 mnt fight with my 700 dps bow. That experience alone was worth the money i gave for the game.

And speaking of money i have paid the game many times over with the RMAH. What isnt great about a game that allows u to make a lot of money?

Also i see alot of people saying stuff like u said and i have come to the conclusion that allthough itmight be a genuine feeling by some while in my opinion the most is the just plain and pure resentment by gettin owned by the the games difficulty some weeks after release. And there are also the players that say it sucks ( even now ) just because they get bad rolls on items and arent having as many legendaries as they think they are entitled.

Keyword here is entitlement and resentment to understand the negativity the game as seen.

In the end the only opinion that matters is yours after u tryed the game for real.
    Dont bother some reviews u can find out there ... the same site that gave D3 a 9/10 score is some months later declaring it a dissapointment ...
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2013-01-03 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    I quit player shortly after release as many others did. I got back into WoW when Mists came out and just recently gave up WoW as I just don't have the time to commit to raiding and what not. I decided to give D3 a chance again after seeing they added Paragon levels, Monster Power, and reworked alot of the legendaries. I am having more fun playing D3 now than I did when it came back out. It's something I can pick up when I want and put back down and don't have to worry about getting left behind if I don't play for a few weeks like in WoW.
    The above is what D3 is in a nutshell really.

Fast furious fun without hastle.

You decide when you want to play, the difficulty (mp0 random groups or mpX according to your avatar gear to hunt keys and the ONE Ring).

No screaming: noob, no one caring about your gearscore, no reputations to worry about, no need to be afraid of going away for a few days and feel "left behind" in the gear chase.

You are the boss and you are the killing machine, solo or grouped up in... 2 seconds formed grouping modes in that part of the game you want to go in the next ... 30 minutes playing session...

Perfect fast game for 2013 internet play WITH goals you set out.

Many goals even: 5 classes, extreme challenging Hardcore modes (die = game over), paragon 100, trading game, etc... : your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    This so much. I will also add that completing the game (Inferno diablo) barely is anything now days OP. That was gone after the first nerf patch, so basicly if you didn't "go for it" early on, you missed out on anything progressive-playing that could resemble that off wow. Back then I had to do around 30-40 butcher runs before I could continue from act1 inferno, quit scarry!

Now days people just farm gear to get better and better, not all likes that, I dont inn the longer run - Mostly cause said drops never happens really. I played Diablo for around 3-4 weeks after 1.0.5, after I had geared myself up (Above 100k DPS non-buffed as wizard) to a recent level where one could faceroll anything below MP4 it started to get booring for me You shoulden't need more than 30-50 million gold to farm really good on a character for sure. Anything after that is just extrea, witch most people proboaly dont bother.
    Only 30-40? At least you got that lucky D: I remember to even complete Act2 I did 100+ Butchers and 100+ Mahgda/Kule runs D: Now I can stomp thru Inferno all acts with spending less than 500k on the AH in Hardcore :P Much better than how I much grinding even GETTING THRU Act4 was prenerf...Angels....Terror Demons....The terror....

Edit : To answer your question. The only reason I still play is because I use it as a filler game when I'm not raiding in the MMOs I play. Incentives and fun activities like "Self Found - MP10 Hardcore" and just plain old racing your friends in Paragon levels is what I do. Granted my highest Paragon is only 92, I'll hit 100 eventually, I'm in no hurry, but my friends are barely further/behind because we all realize that this isn't a game that should be made as the "ONLY GAME I EVER PLAY EVER".
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2013-01-04 at 09:55 PM.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Hey guys,

Like most people, I bought the game as soon as it launched and played as much as I could. It was my first experience with the Diablo series and I loved it. I played a Wizard.

However, after completing Normal and a few acts into Nightmare, I suddenly lost all interest in the game and haven't touched it since. So my question is, should I give the game another shot? I'm wondering if I wrote it off prematurely, since many people say the game doesn't really begin until you reach Inferno or hit level 60. The game is also probably in a different state now with new patches and such.

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure why I stopped playing but I remember it feeling a bit grindy at the time. Another thing that put me off was getting wrecked constantly by Rakkanoth. I could never kill him alone and had to get help to get past him, even in Normal mode. However, I'd say I'm an above average gamer in general. I play a lot of other competitive games at high levels, and raid at a decent progression in WoW. Since it was my first action RPG, it is entirely possible I was approaching the game in the wrong way.

What do people think? Should I maybe try another class, or is it just one of those games where you either love or hate it?
    I would wait till 1.1 or expac if I were you(or me.. it's what I'm doing) ... right now I have a char that I can do MP5 inferno runs with quite easily(MP7 if I wanna die a few times) and I got bored so I took a break ... and yeah maybe you should try another class ... I am a barbarian and always will be though I do have all classes and can't say I have had much trouble with them until inferno :-? only Wiz and DH were a bit tricky at boss fights coz of low hp and me failing at mechanics...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-01-04 at 09:56 PM.

The best thing about D2 was that lvl 99 at least took a while to reach,.
    lvl 60 feels much more limiting - the paragon thing doesn't really help out as it doesn't unlock new skills, it just gives you a fake level to reach, and not even any new achievements.

Another Diablo-noob question: Why do you need better gear after completing the game? Comparing it to WoW where you can always use better gear in the next tiers, unless it's the end of an expansion. Do most people continue to play after beating Inferno Diablo?
    Because many humans just like to progress. Getting levels, promotions, better gear, It just triggers something in our body that makes us feel good. The gear doesnt need to be set to some specific use.

Honestly I wouldn't give it a 2nd look. I had a discussion just today with a friend who was asking about what's changed as he'd only played through the trial but had heard a lot about the game. While most of the changes sound cool it really hasn't made the game hugely worth playing. It's still fun in small doses, and with the uber's and MP options you can get back the feeling of difficulty from the release version, but overall it's still very grindy because that's just the sort of game it is.

Since patches 1.04 and patch 1.05 it is probably the best new game of 2012.

No new game has gathered thousands of players who played around 1000-1500 hours, while I see all these thousands of avatars with Paragon levels 100 on the web.

It is easy to calculate that each lvl 100 Paragon means way more than 1000 hours played. I don't see many other games like Skyrim or Borderlands or Tl2 or any non mmorpg coming up with this kind of massive playing time.

The fact you can log in these days ...8 months after launch ... and put into a public group in any quest/act within 2 seconds day OR night simply means D3 is played massively, whatever the haters may say.

If you love this kind of game play, you play it for years to come. If you hate this kind of game play, just go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Since patches 1.04 and patch 1.05 it is probably the best new game of 2012.

No new game has gathered thousands of players who played around 1000-1500 hours, while I see all these thousands of avatars with Paragon levels 100 on the web.

It is easy to calculate that each lvl 100 Paragon means way more than 1000 hours played. I don't see many other games like Skyrim or Borderlands or Tl2 or any non mmorpg coming up with this kind of massive playing time.

The fact you can log in these days ...8 months after launch ... and put into a public group in any quest/act within 2 seconds day OR night simply means D3 is played massively, whatever the haters may say.

If you love this kind of game play, you play it for years to come. If you hate this kind of game play, just go do something else.
    I love this kind of games, I hate this one. The only reason I continued to play it is because I was confident (and I still am) that they'll do something about the state of this game. They released it in such piss poor state...It felt like I had gotten a Lamborghini for my birthday, only to find out it still needs an engine and circuitry to work.

On the outside, the game is not bad. Graphics are above mediocre, although not something I'd say would be best fitted for a diablo sequel, but w/e. Some of the scenery is truly beautiful (although repetitiveness doesn't help their case). Some of the mechanics are fun enough, although the game seems to have that arcade feel at times (the way you get skills or slots for that matter). These things would mean little to nothing, if the game had received more attention on both quality and quantity of content. The story is shit. I will not go further. There is nothing else to do but grind grind grind the same fucking scenery over and over and over and over....I swear to god, if I was living in the Arreat Crater, monsters would ask me for directions. I know every single map, top to bottom, left to right. Every single day the same thing: snow, lava kill x mobs. Ubers are fucking useless, along with their stupid ring.

Now lets look at Path of Exile (I know, you're thinking "not this argument again", but bear with me). Have you seen how beautifully complex this game is? I know I have, and I didn't even play it. I just watched people stream. There are so many things to do, like how awesome are cutthroat leagues - getting in a player's game, killing them and stealing their shit? FUCK YEAH! Or an endgame where you don't kill goatmen in the same basement every single day for 6 months? The only thing you need when playing D3 is a calculator to see what upgrade is worth it's money. The problem with this game is that they built it and everything that goes along it, around the auction house.

I'm level 64 paragon right now, 350ish hours played. Around 30k elites killed. 25k+ killed only in Act III. Tell me, even though I love grindy ARPGs, how is that not going to bore the fuck out of me? I want to continue killing hordes of mobs, but give me an incentive other than more goldz? Give me something that makes me go "oh shit! I didn't notice that before!". Give me an <insert random number> leveled dungeon that is not the same every. single. time. Don't make me think about efficiency and how could I spend less time playing the game while getting more lootz, don't try to make me a stock broker by playing the goddamned auction house and not the game.
    Last edited by Legion; 2013-01-08 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    I would say you have to give it another try if you are thinking about it. They did some changes that are welcomed. It is still a big grind fest that's for sure, but at least you could spend a couple of hours and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Wouldn't bother, the game is pretty much a one-note tune.

Pick Class -> Get to 60 by playing the same 4 acts though all the difficulties -> Get as much crit/crit dmg/resist/stat you can afford -> Use the most efficient skill set -> grind paragon levels/farm until you quit again.
    I share the same opinion. Play it once if you want, but don't waste more time. Currently there are a very few ppl online, so it is like playing an mmo but on private server on your own pc, sad story. Waste of time. Better check Path of Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Currently there are a very few ppl online, so it is like playing an mmo but on private server on your own pc, sad story. .
    I call this the MOST ridiculous statement EVER made.

Why? The IN game public group number is the constantly forming of NEW groups per continent PER minute. That was changed in patch 1.03 and Blizzard made it very clear what that means.

Not counted are the full public groups, the private games, the solo games or people in the AH or lobby...

So that means that you can choose to play ANY questline in your Act and be grouped in around 2 seconds - playing 24/7, even if the number for that questline is not showing. You should inform yourself before posting rubbish.

I am disgusted by this complete BS of false info.

The same as those ridiculous session spoofing lies and authenticator lies about broken accounts.

Diablo 3 has ONE server (cluster) per continent you fools. ANY D3 AH is hundreds of times bigger than a single server (realm/faction) MMO.

Learn to live with that. D3 is played 24/7 with a highly populated mechanic: ONE server per continent. The fact your chat sessions are broken down in 100 people sections is to avoid trash talk: at this very moment: there are 18391 chat sessions ... open (all which are blocked at 100 per chat).

Just log on and see for yourself how many chat sessions are open at once...(displayed when you enter the game in your chat screen at the lower left).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-08 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I call this the MOST ridiculous statement EVER made.

Why? The IN game public group number is the constantly forming of NEW groups per continent PER minute. That was changed in patch 1.03 and Blizzard made it very clear what that means.

Not counted are the full public groups, the private games, the solo games or people in the AH or lobby...

So that means that you can choose to play ANY questline in your Act and be grouped in around 2 seconds - playing 24/7, even if the number for that questline is not showing. You should inform you before posting rubbish.

I am disgusted by this complete BS of false info.

The same as those ridiculous session spoofing lies and authenticator lies about broken accounts.

Diablo 3 has ONE server (cluster) per continent you fools. ANY D3 AH is hundreds of times bigger than a single server (realm/faction) MMO.

Learn to live with that. D3 is played 24/7 with a highly populated mechanic: ONE server per continent. The fact your chat sessions are broken down in 100 people sections is to avoid trash talk: at this very moment: there are 18391 chat sessions ... open (all which are blocked at 100 per chat).

Just log on and see for yourself how many chat sessions are open at once...(displayed when you enter the game in your chat screen at the lower left).
    I'd like to see your proof of this, until then this too is false info.

D3 is alright in small doses, boring in medium+, play what you want until the next patch and see if things get fixed or broken beyond belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

... many people say the game doesn't really begin until you reach Inferno or hit level 60.
    I disagree with this. IMO, the game is exactly the same, whether you are level 1 or 60. Yes you gain new abilities/runes but that doesn't change much. Some abilities do allow for somewhat different playstyle, but not really significantly. If you already got bored of it once IMO chances are you'll get bored again, even more so if you decide to hit the AH to finally defeat Rakanoth.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'd like to see your proof of this, until then this too is false info.

D3 is alright in small doses, boring in medium+, play what you want until the next patch and see if things get fixed or broken beyond belief.
    Blizzard statement about the newly formed public games number:

'What does the number displayed in the Public Games window actually represent?

The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available to your hero, based on your game region and mode (Hardcore heroes qualify for a different set of Public Games). The number does not represent private games or Public Games that already have four players. Players hanging out in the character menus or using the auction house are not considered here either.

reference: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ce-1-3-release

The new opened up available public games change on a minute per minute basis. That number was around 1800+ in prime time (after its introduction in patch 1.03). It now stands at 600+ new public groups in prime formed (and waiting to be filled) 8 months after launch, which is quite a good user base as not everybody is logged in all the time of course. It almost never falls under 300 new public groups formed on a 24/24 basis even at 04.00 AM.

You can compare this number with a LFDungeon system in WOW, it only is displayed when the group is no longer full and the system stands open to a new avatar.

Of course ... that's an INCREDIBLE number of NEW groups (not full) being formed: logical: there is only ONE Diablo 3 server for each continent (per SC or HC mode)....

Also public groups can ONLY play at MP0, which explains a lot. Still you NEVER wait longer than 2 or 3 seconds to be included in a group in Diablo 3. The server(cluster) is simply too BIG in player numbers.

These are just EU figures btw.

Also : the public chat channels show the total channels open (divided by 100 people per session) at the time you log in: just look at the left hand corner where your session opens up.

Proof enough ?
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-08 at 02:15 PM.

If you got bored before getting to inferno. Then its still prob not gonna hold your attention, you never actually got to the grind.